wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-09-2008, 06:39 AM   #16
TheZizz
User

Submissions (1)

TheZizz will become famous soon enough (32)TheZizz will become famous soon enough (32)

Approved Map: Uther Party 2

I forgot to mention that this feedback truly is second to none. Thanks again everyone!
TheZizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-10-2008, 02:53 AM   #17
Salbrismind
User

Salbrismind is on a distinguished road (16)

Send a message via Yahoo to Salbrismind

First bug report goes to Salbris!

I was playing sheep herder, and I sorta half wanted to be an asshole and half wanted to get some sheep from this guy and so I went nearly inside his pen. Well he got the sheep in and me as well. So The problem was I was stuck for the remainder of the mini-game. Seems easy to fix though, just teleport all sheep herders out of the pen when its filled with sheep!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:15 PM   #18
TopWolf
User

Official Map Reviewer

TopWolf will become famous soon enough (36)TopWolf will become famous soon enough (36)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salbrismind
First bug report goes to Salbris!

I was playing sheep herder, and I sorta half wanted to be an asshole and half wanted to get some sheep from this guy and so I went nearly inside his pen. Well he got the sheep in and me as well. So The problem was I was stuck for the remainder of the mini-game. Seems easy to fix though, just teleport all sheep herders out of the pen when its filled with sheep!

If you were actually in the pen, you would be killed.
TopWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:06 PM   #19
Salbrismind
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopWolf
If you were actually in the pen, you would be killed.

So your saying that I lied about this bug...

I was sort of on the edge of the pen not right in the center.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:51 PM   #20
PurgeandFire111
User

PurgeandFire111 will become famous soon enough (58)PurgeandFire111 will become famous soon enough (58)

The AI is superb and some of the games remind me of mario party. ;) (hence uther Party)

Great game, fun to play. Haven't occured any bugs yet... I think..
PurgeandFire111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:12 AM   #21
TopWolf
User

Official Map Reviewer

TopWolf will become famous soon enough (36)TopWolf will become famous soon enough (36)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salbrismind
So your saying that I lied about this bug...

I was sort of on the edge of the pen not right in the center.

That would be an innacurate conclusion. My intent was to explain Zizz's answer to a problem similar to yours.

Back to on topic-- On the Clockwerk Calamity game, it seems to be very hard to players to kill each other in a 1v1. I noticed the blades are supposed to assist in ending the game, but even with the blade moving around it still took a long time.

Also, the gear that you are supposed to collect has the model of an egg. (Same with "Chunks of Meat" in the kodo game.)

Additionally, you had stated that in "Dimensional Dementia" a new key is created when the key is picked up. Perhaps I am oddly missing it, but it doesnt seem to appear until a player scores.
TopWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:12 AM   #22
Salbrismind
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopWolf
That would be an innacurate conclusion. My intent was to explain Zizz's answer to a problem similar to yours.

Back to on topic-- On the Clockwerk Calamity game, it seems to be very hard to players to kill each other in a 1v1. I noticed the blades are supposed to assist in ending the game, but even with the blade moving around it still took a long time.

Also, the gear that you are supposed to collect has the model of an egg. (Same with "Chunks of Meat" in the kodo game.)

Additionally, you had stated that in "Dimensional Dementia" a new key is created when the key is picked up. Perhaps I am oddly missing it, but it doesnt seem to appear until a player scores.

Ahhh

How long do you mean? It never really takes us more than about 30 seconds for 1v1 to die. We almost never see the blade, which i think should come a bit faster btw. I like that level but it seems like it is too small... Maybe make it connect somewhere in the middle? Add more confusion! I also just remembered to ask, could you make the two arenas for it more different. At present it's impossible to tell which is which (in terms of choosing in the other mode)

I also noticed the same problems (meats and the keys).
Old 04-11-2008, 03:26 AM   #23
TheZizz
User

Submissions (1)

TheZizz will become famous soon enough (32)TheZizz will become famous soon enough (32)

Checked again, a new key is indeed created when the previous is acquired, and no later.

I know just what to do now with the shepherd mini-game.

But I am immensely satisfied with the clockwerk one, except perhaps that the mechanics aren't able to be readily understood (I figured "you can't make U-turns" was a sufficient foundation). I don't see any changes I could make to it that would be for the better, but of course I'm always open to suggestions.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:32 AM   #24
Malf
I LIKE PIZZA! | >

Submissions (2)

Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)

Send a message via AIM to Malf

Pretty good improvement compared to the first version, I really enjoyed the map. I especially loved the way you select games :P
Old 04-12-2008, 12:57 PM   #25
TheZizz
User

Submissions (1)

So I have a new version with a bunch of tweaks and fixes (including the crash I was unable to replicate, which means I can only speculate as to whether or not my fix did the trick), but unless there's some kind of obligation to fix these issues ASAP I'd rather wait until I have a nice batch of new content before I release anything more.

Last edited by TheZizz : 04-12-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #26
Malf
I LIKE PIZZA! | >

Submissions (2)

Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)

Might I also mention that the AI in Target Practice is so impossible to beat. They get around 98% accuracy.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:18 PM   #27
TheZizz
User

Submissions (1)

Sounds like you had them set to insane.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:47 PM   #28
DA_skunk
User

DA_skunk has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to DA_skunk

AI:
I had one insane, the rest easy.
The one were you have to mark portals for yourself, they warped a blade in and killed themselves instantly.. Was that just bad luck? Even east AI should be that stupid..
Hammerball, they all went into the corner, wacked the ball afew times, killed themselves. Again.
On the skink one, they INSTANTLY pick up foods, making it allmost impossible for me to win.

At first I was confused, and though it was going to be like the old one, just updated..

Anyways, I hosted it online first, and lost, becuase people there had played it before, and I was still getting use to it. I must say the new games are very fun, however its lacking re-playability atm. I assume there will be more games later fixing this..

Sorry for lack of remembering the names of the games, but:

The one were you link portals - Map seems a little to small.
Scare the peasants - After dieing, by then there was 3 peasants, and (this was with computers) plenty of people alive. Computers spam hiss, and the peasants were constantly moving, and shaking the screen as well as trees blocking my view, so I could never tell where they were. Maybe make a way to tell were they are easyer? Also, I think they should be a little slower. Fast enough to catch you, but right now if they head at you theres no way to escape. Mostly, though, your doomed when the wrap across the map, come out the other side and get you. Your really doomed then.
Target practice - I didn't get how to play at first, so It killed me before I could do anything. =/
Kill the sheep - I was allways bad at these types of games, but it seems to me the timer is a little to short. I got a lucky hit and won agaist computers, other than that its to hard for me.. :P
Do what achemond says - IMO, its worse than the original...

Alltogether, I liked it alot. One last thing though, you need to make the scores go in the order of who has most on the scorebord.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #29
Salbrismind
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_skunk
AI:
I had one insane, the rest easy.
The one were you have to mark portals for yourself, they warped a blade in and killed themselves instantly.. Was that just bad luck? Even east AI should be that stupid..
Hammerball, they all went into the corner, wacked the ball afew times, killed themselves. Again.
On the skink one, they INSTANTLY pick up foods, making it allmost impossible for me to win.

At first I was confused, and though it was going to be like the old one, just updated..

Anyways, I hosted it online first, and lost, becuase people there had played it before, and I was still getting use to it. I must say the new games are very fun, however its lacking re-playability atm. I assume there will be more games later fixing this..

Sorry for lack of remembering the names of the games, but:

The one were you link portals - Map seems a little to small.
Scare the peasants - After dieing, by then there was 3 peasants, and (this was with computers) plenty of people alive. Computers spam hiss, and the peasants were constantly moving, and shaking the screen as well as trees blocking my view, so I could never tell where they were. Maybe make a way to tell were they are easyer? Also, I think they should be a little slower. Fast enough to catch you, but right now if they head at you theres no way to escape. Mostly, though, your doomed when the wrap across the map, come out the other side and get you. Your really doomed then.
Target practice - I didn't get how to play at first, so It killed me before I could do anything. =/
Kill the sheep - I was allways bad at these types of games, but it seems to me the timer is a little to short. I got a lucky hit and won agaist computers, other than that its to hard for me.. :P
Do what achemond says - IMO, its worse than the original...

Alltogether, I liked it alot. One last thing though, you need to make the scores go in the order of who has most on the scorebord.

Nah, man trust me, your just a noob! I played all these a few times and most of these are just opinion. The sheep shot is not too short... Do what archemond says is too easy, is that what you were trying to say? How is it worse? Target Practice: ..... , The one with the spiders and chasing peasant isn't that hard but you need to pay attention to the paths, where your enemies are and where you are. The teleporting one is not too, small. It might be the only one that is perfect size! Plus how would you know? You played two games, one with computers that raped them selves and the other, where you sucked totally....

Anyways, Zizz pay attention to this man If your gonna make changes these are the biggest ones I can point out!

1) Da_Skunk reminded me: For the arcnophobia game maybe you should set the camera above the forest, because at present it is really hard to see anything. Including yourself, enemies, and the paths available.

2) Target Practice: Please! Please! Make this a timed event where players can shoot as many as they want in 45 or so seconds, and the winner is the one with most points. At present insane computers own face, and it gets boring really fast. If target practice was like my suggestion I would go crazy happy!!!

3) Dementia Demensions, really you got to add more danger to the game, make players spawn at random points? I was also just thinking why not add a player ability to stun/steal the key from players, or when they die they have 3 lives or something.

4) With the clockwerk calamity just make a connection from top to bottom in the middle of the level. That way players have more choice. At present we sometimes have maybe 2 choices in directions.

5) Archimond Says is much too easy. I mean i stood against insane comps for about 10 minutes until I gave up over boredem. Maybe you should make it harder, like the really game of simon says?

Man, I love this map and I believe these suggestions would make it even better. Please consider, especially the archer one!
Old 04-13-2008, 02:55 AM   #30
Malf
I LIKE PIZZA! | >

Submissions (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZizz
Sounds like you had them set to insane.

Oh, silly me then. I hadn't known the AI's difficulty corresponds with Easy/Normal/Insane, the AI at UP1 wasn't like that I believe, or atleast, I haven't notice any change between easy, normal and insane.

Last edited by Malf : 04-13-2008 at 02:56 AM.
Malf is offline   Reply With Quote