wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Systems
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2008, 10:35 PM   #61
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malf
Just a suggestion..

I think you should add in a sort of plug-in which can register events like whenever a unit receives a buff or whenever it applies a buff without needing to declare a bufftype. I wanted to make a passive ability that doesn't give the hero a buff, like evasion. Whenever the hero receives a buff, it has a chance to negate it or reflect it back to the source. I don't know if there is an option to reflect buffs or the likes, if there isn't you should add those too ;)
That's what "technical" buffs are for, buff types with their ignoreAsBuff property set to true. Just apply them on the hero whenever he learns his skill. I don't see why it would be so crucial that you didn't have to declare a bufftype for this.

There's no option to reflect buffs as such, but it can easily be done by removing the buff from the unit it was applied to and applying it to the unit that originaly cast it.

Last edited by Anitarf : 04-26-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Anitarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-27-2008, 03:46 AM   #62
Malf
I LIKE PIZZA! | >

Submissions (2)

Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)

Send a message via AIM to Malf

I guess I can deal with technical buffs.. Even though it would crowd the Buffs on his hero card.

Can I use aBuffApply() without necessarily using any skill to apply a buff to it?
Malf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:53 PM   #63
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malf
I guess I can deal with technical buffs.. Even though it would crowd the Buffs on his hero card.

Can I use aBuffApply() without necessarily using any skill to apply a buff to it?
Sure, why not? Without a dummy caster casting a buff spell or a self-targetting aura being given to the unit in the ABuff's create function, the players can't really tell the buff is there. That's why I call them technical buffs.

You can easily make passive abilities this way, you apply a buff with infinite duration whenever the hero learns the ability (and whenever he revives, if he has the ability learned, since buffs are removed on death) and remove it whenever he uses a tome of retraining.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:09 AM   #64
Belphegor666
User

Submissions (1)

Belphegor666 is on a distinguished road (16)

New Abuff version comes with a damage detection library (or something), right? So we can use damage detection without using Abuff-s right?
Belphegor666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #65
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

No, the damage detection triggers are built into the ABuff system, they're not a separate library that could be used independantly.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #66
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitarf
No, the damage detection triggers are built into the ABuff system, they're not a separate library that could be used independantly.

Witch is a design error btw.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:36 PM   #67
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohadar
Witch is a design error btw.
I have no witches in my system, I assure you.

But seriously, should I make the spellcast detection and death detection (basically a single trigger with a generic unit event) separate libraries too? After all, they're conceptually quite similar to damage detection, the only difference is in implementation. Since you can easily find independant implementations of damage detection elsewhere in case you need it, I see no reason why the ABuff damage detection should be made separately available.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:30 PM   #68
Themerion
Brahms-fan

Submissions (2)

Themerion has a spectacular aura about (114)Themerion has a spectacular aura about (114)Themerion has a spectacular aura about (114)Themerion has a spectacular aura about (114)

Who does this...

Collapse JASS:
// GetABuffTimeRemaining is 8.23
// duration is 3.23
        call BJDebugMsg(R2S(duration))
        call SetABuffTimeRemaining(b,duration)
// GetABuffTimeRemaining should now be 3.23, but...
        call BJDebugMsg(R2S(GetABuffTimeRemaining(b)))

...cause this output?

Code:
Creep Respawn System
It has never been easier to respawn creep groups...

Last edited by Themerion : 07-12-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Themerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #69
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Hmm, Themerion, do you by any chance use a RefreshDurationFactor greater than 0? It seems that when I coded SetABuffTimeRemaining I forgot that value could be changed, or maybe I added that value at a later time, anyway I will fix this issue in the next version.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:44 PM   #70
Themerion
Brahms-fan

Submissions (2)

Themerion has a spectacular aura about (114)Themerion has a spectacular aura about (114)Themerion has a spectacular aura about (114)Themerion has a spectacular aura about (114)

Nah, I've barely altered the constants at all...

Collapse JASS:
constant function RefreshDurationFactor takes nothing returns real
        return .0
endfunction

But... you know that the system might still tell you that .0 is greater than 0. (since float/real values aren't precise)

EDIT: Hm, mabye that doesn't matter...
Creep Respawn System

Last edited by Themerion : 08-13-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:15 AM   #71
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Oh right, duh, silly me, it wasn't the RefreshDurationFactor (although that could cause issues as well), but RefreshNeverReduceDuration. The problem is that I coded the SetABuffTimeRemaining to use the refresh code before I implemented those two options, which made the refresh code no longer suitable for this.

I fixed the issue in version 1.4. I'd give you the code needed to fix this right now but unfortunately it wouldn't be compatible because I modified the system to use TimerUtils instead of my own timer stack, so you'll have to wait for the release of 1.4.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:06 PM   #72
Themerion
Brahms-fan

Submissions (2)

*waiting*
Creep Respawn System
Old 08-17-2008, 02:17 PM   #73
fX_
User

Submissions (2)

fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)

Does this system allow you to stack effects from different abilities also?

Say I have 2 Inner Fire-based spells. One adds dmg + some effect A, the other adds dmg + some effect B. Casting Inner Fire A on a unit and Inner Fire B will wipe out one of the inner fires. Yet since they are unique abilities (by their differences of "some effect") I want them to "stack". Does this system allow that? Even if the abilities were not of the same base; but the effects (dmg + a) and (dmg + b), respectively, are still applied?

Last edited by fX_ : 08-17-2008 at 02:18 PM.
fX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:08 PM   #74
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

No it doesn't, I already asked him that question xD
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:09 PM   #75
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fX_
Does this system allow you to stack effects from different abilities also?

Say I have 2 Inner Fire-based spells. One adds dmg + some effect A, the other adds dmg + some effect B. Casting Inner Fire A on a unit and Inner Fire B will wipe out one of the inner fires. Yet since they are unique abilities (by their differences of "some effect") I want them to "stack". Does this system allow that? Even if the abilities were not of the same base; but the effects (dmg + a) and (dmg + b), respectively, are still applied?
If your buffs are based on Inner Fire, they won't stack, the engine is hardcoded that way and there's nothing I can do about it.

However, if you have two triggered buffs that just work like Inner Fire, that's entirely possible. For example, you can have a triggered buff X that gives the unit a bonus armour passive ability A and a bonus damage ability B (which would be a self-targetting command aura, for example, so it displays a buff icon on the unit) and a triggered buff Y that gives the unit a bonus armour ability C and bonus damage ability D, buffs X and Y will stack perfectly in effect.

So, the trick is just to use stackable passive abilities instead of non-stackable active buff spells. With this system, it's as easy to make triggered buffs that use the former as it would be to make regular buffs that use the latter.