wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-08-2007, 01:12 AM   #76
Slurgh
User

Slurgh has little to show at this moment (0)

You assume wrong. It's ties to chess are very limited. I mean the combat system is rediculously different so there is NO checking.
He said "maybe make him weaker or the other ones stronger" which makes it sound like he was referring to a certain king vs another king.

Last edited by Slurgh : 11-08-2007 at 01:14 AM.
Slurgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-08-2007, 09:11 PM   #77
Shift4101
User

Shift4101 has little to show at this moment (0)

Default ..again

Again i reply WHERE DO I FIND AZEROTH?!

I suppose you guys are right... but it makes the game pretty pointless to bring your king out untill the other player gets there king out (or if the goblin race nukes em) ............... still i think you should make the units stronger or the kings weaker because they will just dominate the entire map.

And With The arch angel Race it doesnt make any sense..... i mean it bonuses all players units damage by ** soul points... And The Allience or loga or w/e units pown there units AND have a better special.... which includes the best units in the game only found in about 4 races.. the rest sucks.

Last edited by Shift4101 : 11-08-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Shift4101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:11 AM   #78
TheCrystalBlade
User

TheCrystalBlade has little to show at this moment (2)

I said, Azeroth is an ULTIMATE. Look at the menu to figure out which king has it.

As I've said, Kings are normally more powerful, and if you have a level 3 unit it can probobly win against a king, depending on which unit.

To me, the arch angel race seems a lil' powerful, and that banshee effect is annouying.
TheCrystalBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #79
Shift4101
User

Default oops

Oh... I guess i missed that... i was so sure he was a king thou

ITS NOT EVEN REAL CHESS SO WHY NOT BE ABLE 2 DO 2v2!
Old 11-11-2007, 12:59 AM   #80
TheCrystalBlade
User

Cause' people get angry about that and leave..

Anyway, I just played this and near the beggining yellow's move didn't work, or so he said (watch the rest! I could've won near the end!).

Theres a leak in the game, but I'm sure you already know that though.

You should make -skipmyturn to -skip, it's easier but not really neccesary.

You should make anti-span of the laughs, it's quite annouying.

And the insanelaugh is kinda, just a laugh put up in volume, not really insane.

Last edited by TheCrystalBlade : 11-11-2007 at 12:59 AM.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:16 AM   #81
Shift4101
User

Well if they do leave.. heres an idea

RM

if you cant host i guess you will have to deal with it but oh well

How about a different special for the arch angel? like maybe somthing like azneroth but a heavenly version? its just a thought so dont reply to this.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:56 PM   #82
Salbrismind
User

Salbrismind is on a distinguished road (16)

Send a message via Yahoo to Salbrismind

Okay, I finally tried the map and it very well done overall. The only thing I can find wrong with it is the ridiculously long ultimates... I understand that over time it speeds up but I wanted to shot myself when the second person used his ultimate. I used mine and the 4 or 5 time or so I felt it was a good speed.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:24 PM   #83
Shift4101
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salbrismind
Okay, I finally tried the map and it very well done overall.

Tell the host to type "-fast"
Old 11-16-2007, 05:42 AM   #84
TheCrystalBlade
User

Fast just does the effect, no movie or anything, I recommend it when you double soulpoints.

Well, I just played a game.
Blue lost to green, yellow left.
Blue had uber amount of units, he didn't loose one in the game except when green attacked him.

Some bugs.
When blue attacked green's hero, it was the ashenvale terrain, and the screen was on the bottom of the hill for the "I CAN DO IT!!" part.

Also, i think most of the bugs I've been finding involve the turn fase.

Green used his ultimate, the turn clock was still going, and it gave his skeleton to me when he revived it. I have a replay.

The replay path is.
Map>Newer Games>SoulchessEPIC19
Attached Files
File Type: w3g Chess Game-Couple bugs.w3g (232.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 11-16-2007, 08:03 PM   #85
Salbrismind
User

Salbrismind is on a distinguished road (16)

Send a message via Yahoo to Salbrismind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift4101
Tell the host to type "-fast"

The user should never have to do the work to correct some flaw in the game. What the point in having such slow spells anyways? It loses its epicness after abuot 5 secs and the concept of how it works is realized pretty fast, take it out!
Old 11-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #86
TheCrystalBlade
User

Salbris, if you're saying to take out the spell animations, you're wrong.

The animations are epic in their own form, though simple to create they are epic. But from time to time when in the same game you see is thirty times it's less epic. But the host can type -fast to skip that problem, though lowering it's epicness it increases game speed and boredom.

If you're saying something else, please elaborate.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:03 PM   #87
Laosh'Ra
Worldshaper

Submissions (1)

Laosh'Ra will become famous soon enough (41)Laosh'Ra will become famous soon enough (41)

Approved Map: Soulchess

Send a message via ICQ to Laosh'Ra

i have some good news and some bad news.
bad news:university has been keeping me quite busy during the last few weeks so i was hardly able to continue at all.
good news (from a certain point of view :P): ive decided to release 1.20 much earlier than i planned to. meaning only 4 of the 8 units are done (so each unit appears twice). the reason of this is, that im sick of 1.19 and people reporting bugs / imbalances / issues which are (or might) already be fixed / changed. this makes things really hard when it comes to filtering the feedback...
there are at least 2 things i want to finish first though, rewriting the camera system (against the zoom-reset and epic battle intro bugs) and some kind of auto"-fast" which seperately kicks in for every soulpower as soon as it is casted a 2nd time.
thanks for all the feedback guys, you keep me going :)

http://www.clancbs.com
Laosh'Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:20 PM   #88
Laosh'Ra
Worldshaper

Submissions (1)

Laosh'Ra will become famous soon enough (41)Laosh'Ra will become famous soon enough (41)

Quote:
-Allieing? maybe in a mode so it wont end up 3v1 all the time....
-Movement? The King Should be able to go pretty far because the game ends up taking forever...........
-Kings? kings can kill any unit but the other king.... maybe make him weaker or the other ones stronger
-New Units Abilitys? all the new abilitys for the new units are sorta looking quiet uber... Plz fix or tell me im wrong

1. you can announce a 2on2 in the gamename and simply dont attack each other (i recommend that the allies don't start next to each other). i've done this myself before, it came along with really interesting new tactics.
adding some sort of invulnerability just for this mode would be a waste of time as it adds a limit to the mode: certain 'negative' effects can turn out to be positive if you cast them on your allies. e.g.: your allies king is trapped in a coral cage. you can attack him with a weaker unit and let him win, the cage will be gone after that.
2. 3. 4. just watch until you see the new unit types, they are a serious thread against kings. and they move a lot faster too. still, they are not as imba as they might seem according to the abilities (they cant move diagonally and have a big type-weakness against knights and soldiers). still, they are supposed to be stronger than common units. so ofc the abilities are rather strong.

oh, and his name is Aznereth, not Az(n)eroth. he also appears in a cinematic i made, check it out if you want: direct download

Quote:
Theres a leak in the game, but I'm sure you already know that though.

You should make -skipmyturn to -skip, it's easier but not really neccesary.

You should make anti-span of the laughs, it's quite annouying.

And the insanelaugh is kinda, just a laugh put up in volume, not really insane.
in case you refer to memory leaks, yes im aware of that. i fixed quite a lot more of them in 1.20, but a lot of them do not matter at all. thats e.g. in abilities which are at most used twice per game etc. so far, i havent heard a single report about someone complaining about lategame lag. i fix up more and more of them every once in a while though.

-skip will also work now, thanks for this idea.

quite a few people complained about those laughings, i've now set a minimum waiting time of 7 to 13 seconds (depending on the type of the laugh) until you can trigger it again.

insanelaugh is from someone i know in real life, it was a good insider. i might replace it, but ive plenty of other things to do for now...

Old 12-24-2007, 03:08 PM   #89
Laosh'Ra
Worldshaper

Submissions (1)

1.20 released!
i added 100+ epic phrases and you gain 100% of the points.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #90
Shift4101
User

This is a great game! but for somereason when som1 used the horde special it just kept becoming night and day nonstop.. it was pretty funny but we couldnt play anymore.. so that ruined the game.....