wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Concept Art / Fan Art
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #1531
artforge
User

Submissions (3)

artforge will become famous soon enough (30)artforge will become famous soon enough (30)

Send a message via MSN to artforge

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwtenpeller
Yes. But i am in the firm believe that fairy tale and high fantasy clichés are constructed of two parts: a characters looks and a characters actions. You can change one of the two and still keep the identity of the archetype easily recognizable, but change both and you've got something unrecognizable to the player. I want my characters to be visually clear. You look at that guy and you know that guys going to be lobbing fireballs. Same with the bat, someone even called him a gravedigger while i never mentioned any names, and that i just the name i gave to that character.
Oh, it seems you've already gone a long way on the basic design lines, it makes sense now that he looks just like a regular wizzard, but I still think he could use some little detail of his own, like...
Quote:
I may just make him a wizzard though and give him thick black glasses.
yeah, that's what I'm talking about, that'd totally solve the "problem"!

also, any other sketches you can share with us, kind sir? this project of yours is looking very promising, I'd like to see a hint of how you've made all that up, if possible..
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #1532
ike_ike
User

Submissions (5)

ike_ike will become famous soon enough (30)ike_ike will become famous soon enough (30)

baboon!
ike_ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #1533
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by artforge
also, any other sketches you can share with us, kind sir? this project of yours is looking very promising, I'd like to see a hint of how you've made all that up, if possible..
I've got a couple of documents you could read, not too much art. Most of the "important" images you can find here.

here is a document about the graphical style and communication of one of the many environments, and here is a little document outlining a framework for the game from which i plan to create several prototypes (boardgame, trading card game and digital game) just to explore possibilities.

Thanks for sharing an interest.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #1534
Shadow_Strike
Pokemon Trainer

Submissions (1)

Shadow_Strike is a jewel in the rough (168)Shadow_Strike is a jewel in the rough (168)

Erwt, you've really gone a long way since we've first met. I can hardly believe it. One day we're drawing in the artist battle thread, and now we're trying to start businesses :P
Old 09-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #1535
unwirklich
insubstantial

Submissions (24)

unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)

Skinning Contest 9 ~ BeastmasterSkinning Contest 8 ~ Blood Mage

Quote:
Right, 10 sec character sketches:

would you please tell me, how you put out a character in ten sec?
that sounds like nearly no time. i guess i could do it in ten sec if i dont use colors...
Originally Posted by Unwirklich
do you have any idea how much efford it is to make an interface? i dont just think them into existence in two or five minutes...
but thanks for the positive feedback anyways^^
unwirklich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #1536
Shadow_Strike
Pokemon Trainer

Submissions (1)

Shadow_Strike is a jewel in the rough (168)Shadow_Strike is a jewel in the rough (168)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwirklich
would you please tell me, how you put out a character in ten sec?
that sounds like nearly no time. i guess i could do it in ten sec if i dont use colors...

I am farily certain that its an exaggeration, meaning "stupidly quick compared other work", where the concept is laid down fast and dirty.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #1537
unwirklich
insubstantial

Submissions (24)

unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)

i am not sure if its an exaggeration... you know, this is erwt.
do you have any idea how much efford it is to make an interface? i dont just think them into existence in two or five minutes...
Old 09-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #1538
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

No i put myself on a time limit, most where actually done between 5 and 9 minutes, i made myself stop after ten. Its quite simple really, one minute sketch, one minute color blots on a layer underneath, new layer on top of everything and spend the other minutes refining.

We get exercises at school to speed up the process of visual communication, like doing the same portrait in two minutes, then one minute, then thirty seconds, then ten. It's fun.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #1539
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

Also:

Zoom (requires log in)

cooperation with a classmate, he did the concept, sketch and base color and i did the refining. Expect more of these.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GreekAchillesSoldier.jpg (174.1 KB, 115 views)
Old 09-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #1540
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I like it, but the gun in his right hand is at a weird angle compared to the angle his arm is at. It's as if his wrist is bent backwards. Awesome otherwise, though.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #1541
sluggen
User

Submissions (8)

sluggen will become famous soon enough (27)

time for me to contribute some here methinks
It is Miss Bunny! with some serious deformations o.O

Nice pic there erwt! but what Rising said, and it makes the gun look even more bent. or maybe its the gun that makes the wrist look bent? :)

Zoom (requires log in)

WARNING, "nudity"
Hidden information:
Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg missB1.jpg (222.7 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg missB2.jpg (251.0 KB, 109 views)

mmmmm...mmmmm...MMM!

Last edited by sluggen : 09-03-2009 at 02:41 PM.
sluggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #1542
artforge
User

Submissions (3)

artforge will become famous soon enough (30)artforge will become famous soon enough (30)

Send a message via MSN to artforge

Well, wrists can bend over like that, so I don't mind it, what got my eye was his shoulderpad, actually, wich seems kinda out of place, but you said your mate did the lines, so not your problem anyway...

(oh, and also, thank you very much erwt, I'll be sure to read through all that material sometime!)

Last edited by artforge : 09-03-2009 at 02:51 PM.
artforge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #1543
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

moar! Been doing too much programming lately, time to pump out some art.

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BoomSnailFlagBig.jpg (198.5 KB, 100 views)
Old 09-03-2009, 06:22 PM   #1544
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Programming fucks your brain, I are proof of that.

moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:33 PM   #1545
unwirklich
insubstantial

Submissions (24)

i dont like the comic style of this slug creature... in my oppinion the outlines are way to strong, but i know that this is this kind of cartoon style blabla