wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Systems
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-07-2007, 04:23 AM   #151
EnderA
User

EnderA has little to show at this moment (5)

Default Minor mistype in CasterSystem trigger

I know it's very minor, but the following lines in 'CasterSystem' lack the word define, which I believe was intended to be there:

Line 585: //! RecicleCasterAfterCastEx_Light RecycleCasterAfterCastEx_Light

Line 2794: //! CollisionMissile_CreateLoc(MissileModelPath,loc,dirangle,speed,AngleSpeed,MaxDist,height,UseNewCaste r,Collision,OnImpact) CollisionMissile_Create(MissileModelPath,GetLocationX(loc),GetLocationY(loc),dirangle,speed,AngleSpe ed,MaxDist,height,UseNewCaster,Collision,OnImpact)
EnderA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-07-2007, 09:45 AM   #152
waaaks
User

waaaks is on a distinguished road (12)

ive got some issues about unitdamageunittimed...if u added a special effect by this function...the special effect wont remove, even if the duration is finished...like it stops damaging at 5 seconds, but the special effect wont remove
Old 02-03-2008, 01:53 AM   #153
waaaks
User

bump
another bug report

when using collision missiles, projectile launch, damaging projectile launch, and any other projectile units

when u used 522 or below speed for the projectile, the projectile works correctly, but when using the function into some cliffs that cant be passed through, the projectile cant go there

or when u used the function to a cliff with a ramp, then the projectile runs to the ramp, not making a shortcut from the source to the target location

looks like the dummy unit who did this, because the dummy unit's movement type is hover

i changed it to fly and it works correctly

but i just want to inform this, so that people will know the simple problem on using projectile units

or better fix it in caster system, so that people who didnt know the problem will have no problem using it
Old 02-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #154
Matrix_UA
User

Matrix_UA has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-1)

1 question:
do experience jasssers use this system, or its only for noobs (in jass) as I?
Matrix_UA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:42 PM   #155
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Experienced jassers suffer certain strong NIH syndrome, so no.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:06 AM   #156
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

What the hell is "NIH syndrome"?
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:53 AM   #157
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (299)Toadcop is just really nice (299)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

Quote:
What the hell is "NIH syndrome"?

in this case CS is TOO universal so 75% of it is mostly useless... + i prefer my code. cause i know what's going on =)
Old 02-09-2008, 01:24 AM   #158
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

And that's exactly what the NIH syndrome is.
Faster != more useful
Old 02-10-2008, 11:17 AM   #159
zen87
vJass maniac

Submissions (1)

zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)

Send a message via MSN to zen87

Quote:
Originally Posted by waaaks
ive got some issues about unitdamageunittimed...if u added a special effect by this function...the special effect wont remove, even if the duration is finished...like it stops damaging at 5 seconds, but the special effect wont remove
I experienced that too, it seems that it is caused by the time recycling (CS_Safety), the recycled timer sometimes cause trouble... which leads to sometimes it is safer to create/destroy a timer manually instead, at the cost of some speed... oh well...
Old 02-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #160
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Quote:
I experienced that too, it seems that it is caused by the time recycling (CS_Safety), the recycled timer sometimes cause trouble... which leads to sometimes it is safer to create/destroy a timer manually instead, at the cost of some speed... oh well...
My guess is someone has double frees with CSSafety... fix them.
Faster != more useful
Old 02-14-2008, 04:33 AM   #161
helanmouse
User

helanmouse has little to show at this moment (0)

Actually, Jass Gen Pack has something weird problem in my WE, sometimes when I saved a map, the jass help didn't compile it, even in the Caster System 14.5 Demo Map!

To Vexirian:
Could you release the old vision of Caster System, such as V13.9?

Last edited by helanmouse : 02-14-2008 at 04:35 AM.
helanmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:00 PM   #162
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

No. Report newgen bugs to the newgen thread.
Faster != more useful
Old 02-26-2008, 09:25 AM   #163
HotClaw
User

HotClaw has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-3)

I just experienced something extremely weird. Caster System 14.5 showed up as CS 14.2 in my wc3. When I resaved the map in newgen, it was fixed.
HotClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:36 AM   #164
waaaks
User

ive got some questions...what are the new features of CS 14.6? and when will it be released?
Old 03-25-2008, 05:12 PM   #165
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverSpell Making Session 13 WinnerSpell Making Session 12 Winner

Send a message via AIM to Zerzax Send a message via MSN to Zerzax
Default Problems with JassNewGenPack v4d and CasterSystem v14.5

Hey Vexorian, love the work you've been doing with both caster system and the NewGenPack. I just downloaded v4d of the pack and also v14.5 of the system. When I implemented the caster system into my custom map (copy + paste the documentation category, copy caster unit over) and saved, PJASS found a few errors in the code. 1 was that you used //! when declaring libraries in the 3 main triggers, which PJASS said deprecated the libraries, and wanted it removed. You said:

"Note: //! define macro commands are used accross the script, they are usually to be parsed by WEHelper, no //! define parser is really required, but if present it would improve the performance of some calls."

So I removed it and PJASS approved it. However, I've also gotten another error in the actual script of the caster system, on line 464, as part of the

"//Generated destructor of csmissile
function sc__csmissile_destroy takes integer this returns nothing" it reads :

set f__arg_this=this

and PJASS said that f__arg_this was undeclared. But I don't think I can do anything about it, because it's within the map script.
I believe these are the only errors. But I'd love to use your system, it would really help me get into coding JASS well. Atm, however, I can't lol.
Zerzax is offline   Reply With Quote