wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Model Resources > Animated Models
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-10-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao
Default Sonic Heroes

I have been a fan of Sonic the Hedgehog and his associated shenanigans for a while now; so it's only right that I desire to bring him and his friends to the Warcraft world. Of course, he couldn't come in unscathed -- Sonic's art style simply doesn't work here.

It was while playing Sonic Heroes that I realised -- the "power, speed and fly" teams matched up pretty well with the three core attributes of Warcraft heroes: strength, agility and intelligence.

The Strength character was, of course, the cantankerous, gliding boxer Knuckles. Punching through walls in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles, it's only right that he take the Paladin's animation set and the mighty warhammar for pounding opponents into oblivion.

Sonic had to be the Agility character -- but less obviously, this made him the ranged character. Unsatisfied with bows and arrows or rifles, I settled on the BanditSpearThrower -- making Sonic perhaps the most incongruous of the models I present here. However, roles are roles and I am satisfied with the result. He is mostly a ranged attacked in his own games; he just throws... himself.

Tails was always the clever one (in terms of skill and knowledge rather than quick-wittedness), so his flight skill got swapped for the mage character. He has an electric-sword thing that could be either a melee or a ranged weapon, and I abused the Watcher's cloak for some flappy trails that remind us of his true form.

Because I had the Watcher skeleton lined up for Tails, I decided to bring the last "true" Sonic character while I was at it -- Amy. Though modern Sonic games depict her with a hammer, I was damned if I was going to give her Paladin animations too; I felt that the Watcher far more fit her demeanour. Quick jabs, a slim frame, and shocking pink armour.

And a more recent addition to the set, Big the Cat. Really for shits 'n' giggles, there is no other model than the Ogre that can take him. A large spike-on-a-stick replaces his fishing rod.

BONUS: Knucles re-applied to the Druid of the Claw to provide punching attacks. He should use a duplicate of the original Strength model portrait.

---

I have noted that there are certain mesh deformations present; however, I have examined the base models and the same deformations are present there, too, so I believe that all of the models I present to you here are of an acceptable calibre.

All textures go to (where XXXX is a given colour):
Textures\GolemStatueXXXX.blp
All portraits must have the same path as their associated model, barring the _Portrait suffix.

Please do not modify or redistribute any of these models (beyond inclusion in your project). These are a WC3C-exclusive resource, and I wish them to remain that way. If your friends want these models too, direct them here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sonicheroes.jpg (37.4 KB, 2598 views)
File Type: jpg strength.jpg (33.4 KB, 1359 views)
File Type: jpg stringame.jpg (43.5 KB, 949 views)
File Type: jpg agility.jpg (43.2 KB, 1094 views)
File Type: jpg agiingame.jpg (25.5 KB, 706 views)
File Type: jpg intelligence.jpg (48.5 KB, 995 views)
File Type: jpg intingame.jpg (28.0 KB, 624 views)
File Type: jpg amy.jpg (35.0 KB, 972 views)
File Type: jpg amyingame.jpg (26.4 KB, 627 views)
File Type: jpg big.jpg (54.5 KB, 951 views)
File Type: jpg bigingame.jpg (32.8 KB, 657 views)
File Type: jpg BONUSstr.jpg (27.9 KB, 896 views)
File Type: jpg BONUSstringame.jpg (51.0 KB, 672 views)
Attached Files
File Type: mdx BONUSStrength.mdx (91.4 KB, 342 views)
File Type: zip SonicHeroes.zip (780.9 KB, 531 views)

Last edited by Rao Dao Zao : 06-07-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Rao Dao Zao is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
dust
User

dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)

Hero #4 extra-official winner

that ogre texture does not really fit the skin color of his face :/

oh and 1 more thing: I think it would be much better if you would have done the different armor colors with the help of team color :>
right now you would have to import 5 different textures which are basicly the same :/
dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

I tried team colour and it didn't work.

Big's face is tinted to match, lern2notjustlookinMagos'.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
dust
User

dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)

Hero #4 extra-official winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
I tried team colour and it didn't work.

Big's face is tinted to match, lern2notjustlookinMagos'.

I just noticed that you have used geoset tinting^^
time to say something about the models: I really like them because the whole concept to sonic-fy some human is simply awesomeČ

Last edited by dust : 05-10-2009 at 09:27 PM.
dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:43 PM   #5
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

These are very nice. They're made in a way where they can be used as normal heroes, but still personify their given reference. I might find a use for these :D
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:56 AM   #6
Alevice
It feels good

Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)

lol @ big.

Alevice.jones is SC2 Beta, losers.

Check out my never updated deviantart gallery!!

Kalimdor Raiders (Race Contest #1) Pastebin Page
Cavern Crawlers (Race Contest #2) Pastebin Page
Airship Race Motherfuckers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://ajaxian.com/archives/would-you-like-a-_-with-that-new-library-gives-js-what-it-should-have#comment-276203
- Dont solve problems that dont exist.
- Improve the wheel, dont reinvent it.
- Port the wheel if it doesnt exist in your environment.
- Integrate the wheel into your project.
- Make sure you can replace your wooden wheel for a rubber one if someone else invents it.
Alevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #7
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

Awesome models, all of great quality. I actually laughed a bit on Big(the cat). Mm, my personal favorite is Tails.

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:44 AM   #8
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Cool, finally fixed them up and released them. I'm also a fan of Sonic (though not nearly as ardent as others who grew up with Sega Genesis), so this is great.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:16 AM   #9
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

Great stuff, great concept, fun times all round :D

Totally offtopic here, just wondering how Knuckles would have looked with the Druid of the Claw's punching anims rather than the Paladin's.
  • DIII: TFA Textures
  • Finish and release a bunch of stuff
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #10
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicRoyalty
Totally offtopic here, just wondering how Knuckles would have looked with the Druid of the Claw's punching anims rather than the Paladin's.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Knux on DotC, coming up.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #11
Matarael
User

Submissions (2)

Matarael will become famous soon enough (49)Matarael will become famous soon enough (49)

These are damn good.

ROFL @ the fat bloke's skimpy loincloth.
Matarael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #12
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Knux on DotC, coming up.
Haha. I'll approve these once good ideas for them stop popping up. :p

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 05-12-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #13
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

I'm kind of ashamed that I never saw that; the Druid of the Claw has been a staple for the last year, or so, since it's one of the only decent animation sets that doesn't attack with some kind of weapon.

I guess I just got fixated on the idea of Knux with the smashy-smashy hammer, he is the strongest link (strength to strength) after all.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #14
Veev
User

Veev will become famous soon enough (63)Veev will become famous soon enough (63)Veev will become famous soon enough (63)

Great models. I've got to find a way to work them into any map I make now.
Veev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:31 PM   #15
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Added bonus Strength model!