wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Model Resources > Animated Models
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #16
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
For an eye, yes I do believe it is worth it -- this is a very small piece of the model and it feels, to me, very cheap to introducing another 256x256 texture (and another geoset) so I can use only 16x16 of it.
Uh, you act like it's a bad thing to add another texture for a minuscule part of it. If that were the case, people like Mc! wouldn't get anything approved. I'm serious, grab another eye, the one you're working at now doesn't even look like an eye...
Old 05-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #17
Callahan
Bullseye

Submissions (72)

Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)

I like that version :
Hidden information:
Zoom (requires log in)

It definitly fit my taste.

_________
I support every RPG map maker.
_______
OMG!My signature doesn't countains subliminal messages anymore!
Callahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #18
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
Uh, you act like it's a bad thing to add another texture for a minuscule part of it. If that were the case, people like Mc! wouldn't get anything approved. I'm serious, grab another eye, the one you're working at now doesn't even look like an eye...
It is a bad thing; it adds clutter, both to the appearance and to the internal structure (and internal clutter leads to bonus filesize, among other things). Of course it's not unforgivable if the final visible composition works; however, I feel that it is something to be avoided if at all possible.

Peasant eyes turn it into a true nightmare.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hax3.jpg (17.8 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg hax4.jpg (15.1 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by Rao Dao Zao : 05-02-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Rao Dao Zao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #19
TotallyAwesome
User

Project Member: TBR

Submissions (7)

TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via ICQ to TotallyAwesome Send a message via AIM to TotallyAwesome Send a message via MSN to TotallyAwesome Send a message via Yahoo to TotallyAwesome

The first one is cuter.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #20
Sabertooth_X
YOU GET ROCKED?

Submissions (14)

Sabertooth_X will become famous soon enough (54)Sabertooth_X will become famous soon enough (54)

The second of the two is a better fit though. The first one may look cuter but I don't want to be slashing away at cute things. Okay, well, sometimes I do.
It is altogether an awesome Zelda tribute, Rao.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #21
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

Prefer the first, but the second makes it more of a challenge to kill ^^ which I guess makes a better impression.

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #22
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

The green battlenetworking0000 eye is definitely the best fit. Updated, plus globalsequence blinking.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #23
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
It is a bad thing; it adds clutter, both to the appearance and to the internal structure (and internal clutter leads to bonus filesize, among other things). Of course it's not unforgivable if the final visible composition works; however, I feel that it is something to be avoided if at all possible.
I don't agree with your point on clutter, since the final result is what matters, but I do agree with your final point. I much prefer it to be avoided wherever possible - I don't think it can be in this case without looking like shit.
Quote:
The green battlenetworking0000 eye is definitely the best fit. Updated, plus globalsequence blinking.
Yep, agreed. Approved.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 05-03-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:09 AM   #24
JarredGorea
User

JarredGorea has little to show at this moment (0)

Thumbs up

personally i'm anticipating bombing dodongos
Old 05-08-2009, 05:17 AM   #25
JetFangInferno
I Break Chopsticks

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (71)

JetFangInferno is a glorious beacon of light (473)JetFangInferno is a glorious beacon of light (473)JetFangInferno is a glorious beacon of light (473)JetFangInferno is a glorious beacon of light (473)

Looks cute.