wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Obsidian Depths
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #16
DeAdZ
User

DeAdZ has little to show at this moment (0)

wow..seriously how do you guys get passed stage 2?i cant seem to kill the boss 2 within the timer limit(max was 60s) but i still couldn't do it,we had 6 of us..any tips?><
DeAdZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-02-2009, 07:31 PM   #17
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Alternate servers or somesuch thing, IIRC. Like, for people that can't host normally on BNet, you get Hamachi or Garena.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #18
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

akolyt0r has a spectacular aura about (120)

like ...people which only have illegal copies of warcraft ....
Old 04-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #19
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

No... Like, I have a perfectly legal set of Wc3, but for some odd reason (firewalls or something) I can't host games.

Although sure, I guess it's perfectly feasible for the illegal-copied ones.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #20
Kwah
Christmassy.

Submissions (4)

Kwah will become famous soon enough (43)Kwah will become famous soon enough (43)

Make moar OD Dusko.

See me caring?

Last edited by Kwah : 04-02-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Kwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #21
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAdZ
wow..seriously how do you guys get passed stage 2?i cant seem to kill the boss 2 within the timer limit(max was 60s) but i still couldn't do it,we had 6 of us..any tips?><
Good question
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:46 AM   #22
DeAdZ
User

DeAdZ has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
Good question

u have the same problem?damn
DeAdZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:16 AM   #23
Gwydal
User

Gwydal has little to show at this moment (4)

Boss 2 is no Proplem with a good team:
You need 1 of each hero class.
Hunter/Berserker should attack Boss allways and get his attention.
Necro should put his wall allway just behind Boss 2 - his minions will attack the wall.
And necro should avoid to summon whatever (no golem/ no skeletons), all get converted by Boss 2.
Archerīs duty is to stay in the 3. line and kill the skeletons what are summoned in the middst of the party.
When Boss 2 revives and the countdown appears, then all should attack him. Especially Sorcs Meteor spell can put him down very well. And all must spare there u7ltimate spells for "Boss 2. 2".
Boss 2 is (mostly) easy to beat. Boss 5 is (for me and my team in bnet) nearly impossible.
Although, Duskm make more Levels/ bosses PLS
Gwydal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Gwydal
This message has been deleted by Rising_Dusk. Reason: double post
Old 04-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #24
AHLLO
User

AHLLO has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
'q' is the most recent current version. 'r' is the version I am working on now.

It is very useful, too useful. :p

what does the new spell "battle rawr" do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk

I'm not actually sure what those are.

Its a alternative to the B Net, you log onto a room/server, then you can play with all people in that room like on battlenet.(you just use the lan-button).

Garena
Hamachi
AHLLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:55 AM   #25
WaterKnight
User

WaterKnight has little to show at this moment (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwydal
Boss 2 is no Problem with a good team:
You need 1 of each hero class.
Hunter/Berserker should attack Boss allways and get his attention.
Necro should put his wall allway just behind Boss 2 - his minions will attack the wall.
And necro should avoid to summon whatever (no golem/ no skeletons), all get converted by Boss 2.
Archerīs duty is to stay in the 3. line and kill the skeletons what are summoned in the middst of the party.
When Boss 2 revives and the countdown appears, then all should attack him. Especially Sorcs Meteor spell can put him down very well. And all must spare there u7ltimate spells for "Boss 2. 2".
Boss 2 is (mostly) easy to beat. Boss 5 is (for me and my team in bnet) nearly impossible.
Although, Duskm make more Levels/ bosses PLS

Add:
-you should fight near the shop to be able to buy potions while battling, tank can pull Ventor down
-one sorceress should have 'Blizzard' as well and try to hit with it and 'Meteor' both the minions and the boss if possible
-in addition to the bonewalls, which should be placed near the ranged/caster classes, the paladin can cast 'Shield' on them, too
-paladin is not meant to attack the skeleton master, he takes a lot of damage and does not deal much, as of now, paladin is a very minor tank and gets problems healing due to stun
-the timer is very short at the beginning, it is set higher the more times you kill the boss, of course, you have to estimate when the timer is long enough and when you are too exhausted, so at least the team should be coordinated when they attack, mainly have done him after 3rd/4th death
-get instantly rid of the stun skeletons

Could not beat that boss with 4 players yet, though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iFBifqwYUk
http://peeeq.de/uploads/Water/OD.w3g
We only had one chance then that curtly slipped away.

Although I think that Ventor became much harder with the version q, stage 3 seems still more difficult or noncontrollable with one life, especially for public because it is confusing for them, and the group is fastly separated when you do not make arrangements like bonewall+blizzard. Also the banshee quickly kills you. It is not as linear or accessable as the other levels.

Level 1 can be successfully completed with 3 people if you have the right classes and with a bit entrenching to obtain xp.

Last edited by WaterKnight : 04-13-2009 at 11:01 AM.
WaterKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #26
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I beat Ventor with 4 players once with my clan. We had a Sorc, a Bers, a Hunter, and a Pally. It was rough, but generally you lack the DPS necessary to bring him down within the time frame. The reason we won was due to a few serious crits on the part of the Hunter that did sizable chunks of his life in damage to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterKnight
Although I think that Ventor became much harder with the version q, stage 3 seems still more difficult or noncontrollable with one life, especially for public because it is confusing for them, and the group is fastly separated when you do not make arrangements like bonewall+blizzard. Also the banshee quickly kills you. It is not as linear or accessable as the other levels.
It's true. It is quite confusing because I don't exactly explain that all of the units in the level are invisible. Maybe I should add some level documentation to the quest log...

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 04-13-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:03 AM   #27
ClichesAreSt00pid
User

ClichesAreSt00pid has little to show at this moment (4)

I've had about 6 games of full house in a row. Tend to get a consistent group going.
ClichesAreSt00pid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #28
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Yeah, that's what I do. We just beat L2 and ALMOST HAD L3! We were so close, but Mara got some good shots with Frost Orb and them her ult cleaned us out. She was at 25% life left too, damnit!
Old 05-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #29
Chasab
User

Chasab has little to show at this moment (0)

this map has renewed my love of Warcraft 3.

got to the boss of level 2 but soon as a few guys died out strat fell apart.

This is infinitely more fun the DOTA.
Chasab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:51 AM   #30
ClichesAreSt00pid
User

ClichesAreSt00pid has little to show at this moment (4)

I find the second boss really hard. The skeletons just wall off access to the boss and if you kill one they just respawn.
ClichesAreSt00pid is offline   Reply With Quote