wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-02-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
duke
User

duke has little to show at this moment (0)

Question AMAI Creeping Problems

I have created some strategies similiar to the strategies people use on battle.net solo. Although I have come across some problems. The AMAI doesn't creep Tier 1. I have tried turning the Hard Coded Target Rate at 0 - 0.5. I don't want them to attack each other but raise their hero levels up until mid Tier 2 at least. To avoid them attacking each other I have set the enemy add agg T1 to -10 but almost all the results I saw were base camping even as late as Tier 3 where I put the enemy add agg to 10. I can't seem to to find the thin line between defending and all out assault where the races purely work on creeping until later Tiers.

I also tried changing the uncertainty from 5-10-6 and the aggression levels from -2 to 4.

I have a problem also with the Tier 1-2 upgrade. I want to build 2 Fiends or 2 Orcs before the T2 upgrade and 2 after the upgrade has started but I either get the T2 upgrade before my units have been produced or well after 4-6 have been produced. I have tried using both these lines not together:

call BuildUnit(2, GRUNT, 65)
call BuildUnit(1, STRONGHOLD, 50)
call BuildUnit(2, GRUNT, 40)

-----------------------------------------------

call AddBlock(2, GRUNT, true, 0, STRONGHOLD, 900)

Anybody know a solution to these problems? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by duke : 12-03-2008 at 09:55 AM.
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-02-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
duke
User

This happened on Twisted Meadows and Centaur Grove. I didn't have a problem with creeping on Lost Temple. Though the orc sent units into battle before the many army was there and the 2nd hero didn't creep but stayed in the base all game.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #3
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Project Leader: AMAI

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

AMAI thinks of its build order as goals rather than a specific order. This can throw people off especially when coming from editing standard AI because that does each item in the buildlist one at a time, never progressing further if it can't build something. AMAI on the other hand can skip items and even build multiple items at the same time.

Here is something to try though

call AddBlock(2, GRUNT, true, 0, STRONGHOLD, 180)
call AddBlock(2, GRUNT, true, 2, GRUNT, 180)

Effectively requires 2 GRUNT before more than 2 grunts can be made.

What was happening before was while second grunt was being trained, the stronghold couldn't be built but the next couple of grunts were queued up so moment second grunt finished it started training the third or 4th.

Or another way of doing it would be to do

if TownCountDone(GRUNT) >= 2
call BuildUnit(2, GRUNT, 40)
endif
Old 12-05-2008, 05:17 PM   #4
duke
User

Default Need some advice

My strategy is fine and only listing call buildunit goals. Although on a lot of maps the AI just sits in it's base not even budging, not all maps though it just seems like AMAI only works on certain maps. Should this be the case? I have tried all the options including aggression in the profile but on maps like tirisfal glades, secret valley and quite a few others it makes no difference.

I couldn't get the second line to work until I added then to the script:

if TownCountDone(GRUNT) >= 2 then
call BuildUnit(4, GRUNT, 40)
endif

It worked once but then no extra 2 grunts were made until the stronghold was complete. The other times the 1st grunt was started then the upgrade started too simultaneously. I know TownCountDone(GRUNT) means counting the amount of a grunts made but what does >= mean? Are there any other symbols I can try like just = or <= for example? I tried to look into Jass but couldn't get my head into it.

Is there anyway I can force the AI to creep instead of base camping on certain maps and for some reason on the maps it does creep. It creeps at the start of Tier 2 or later which is a problem as any average player will have a severe advantage over AMAI with such a delay. Thanks for looking.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:00 PM   #5
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Project Leader: AMAI

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

@duke: If the AI never does anything the whole game it could be an AI crash. Could be a problem with particular maps crashing them. But considering you say they start creeping in the second tier its likely not crashing. Sounds to me AMAI just thinks the creeps at the camps are much too strong for it considering the units it currently has built. Either thats true or the maps have creep camps very close together it could be possible its thinking the creep camps as one big massive camp. I will test the maps myself and see if i can replicate.

You can try playing around with these in the TFT/globalsettings.txt file. See if reducing them helps.
Quote:
green_creep_camp_strength_bonus 0 Bonus strength added to minor creep camps
orange_creep_camp_strength_bonus 2 Bonus strength added to mediocre creep camps
red_creep_camp_strength_bonus 4 Bonus strength added to major creep camps

hmmm ok try this. For the 4 extra grunts try increasing priority. Make it so the third grunt builds at 50,51 or 52 priority. e.g. call BuildUnit(4, GRUNT, 45) . That third grunt should start but the stronghold should also start near the same time so hopefully AMAI will stay training grunts while the upgrade happens.

>= is greater than or equal to. == is equal to, <= less than or equal to, > greater than etc.

Last edited by Strategy Master : 12-05-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Strategy Master is offline   Reply With Quote