wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #1
Zync
User

Zync has little to show at this moment (0)

Question How do I make Upgrades research real fast?

I've ran into this little bug. I won't go into great detail because I know there is no quick fix. I have examined my options, and I have found that the easiest fix to my issue would be to speed up the rate at which one can research upgrades. However, just setting the "Stats - Time Base" on the upgrade to a value of 0 is still not fast enough. The bug could still be found and exploited. However, if I could make the upgrade research as fast in a multiplayer game as it does when one types "warpten" in a single player game, then the bug could not be exploited, and effectively disappear. So, does anyone know of a method of doing this?! I would prefer a method that could effect individual upgrades and not have to effect every upgrade. However, I would go for one that effects them all as well. Thanks for your time.
Zync is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:57 AM   #2
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

How about checking when a player/unit starts an upgrade and then immediately completing it?

Or using one of those resource-cost abilities and then giving it multiple levels, then every time it's cast, you generate the upgrade?

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:09 AM   #3
Zync
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tide-Arc Ephemera
Or using one of those resource-cost abilities...

How do you do that?!
Old 10-11-2007, 11:27 AM   #4
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

There are several resource-costing abilities, such as that weird Reveal, that Gold To Lumber thingy and several other things... seek and you shall find.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:53 AM   #6
DungeonM
No longer tilted.

Submissions (1)

DungeonM will become famous soon enough (55)DungeonM will become famous soon enough (55)

Use the "Units - Sold" field to allow for quick upgrades using dummy units and triggers.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:05 AM   #7
Zync
User

1 second research still takes one second, and that is too long for what I was going for. I've thought of the unit and trig combo, however, that takes up a lot more map memory, not to mention the extra work. And while I learned something new about resource costing abilities, nevertheless, they don't help me much, since there are not enough to have the trigs tell them apart. It would require far too many buildings to implement that kind of ability/upgrade implementation.

However, I did fix my issue by changing some small details within my own implementation, external of the upgrades themselves. Still, thanks for the suggestions.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:31 AM   #8
3ICE
User

3ICE has little to show at this moment (4)

Default Copyrighted!

IF YOU HAVE ROC ONLY:
Trigger:
tech
Collapse Events
Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Begins research
Unit - A unit owned by Player 2 (Blue) Begins research
Unit - A unit owned by Player 3 (Teal) Begins research
Unit - A unit owned by Player 4 (Purple) Begins research
Unit - A unit owned by Player 5 (Yellow) Begins research
Unit - A unit owned by Player 6 (Orange) Begins research
Unit - A unit owned by Player 7 (Green) Begins research
Unit - A unit owned by Player 8 (Pink) Begins research
Unit - A unit owned by Player 9 (Gray) Begins research
Unit - A unit owned by Player 10 (Light Blue) Begins research
Unit - A unit owned by Player 11 (Dark Green) Begins research
Unit - A unit owned by Player 12 (Brown) Begins research
Conditions
Collapse Actions
Player - Set the current research level of (Researched tech-type) to ((Current research level of (Researched tech-type) for (Triggering player)) + 1) for (Triggering player)

IF YOU HAVE TFT:
Trigger:
tech
Collapse Events
Unit - A unit Begins research
Conditions
Collapse Actions
Player - Set the current research level of (Researched tech-type) to ((Current research level of (Researched tech-type) for (Triggering player)) + 1) for (Triggering player)
I'm pretty sure only I was 1337 enough to create such trigger.[/BRAG]

p.s.:
Poke me ==>

I wanted to post this as a tutorial first (to somehow "copyright" my authority over the trigger I created) but my
DISCLAIMER!: Not for children under 13 / Board Moderators / your parents!

fucking

editor crashed while I was making the demo map so i just decided to not make the tut. hehe
and this little trigger is too small for being a tutorial anyway...

pce
3ICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:18 AM   #9
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

You can say "fuck" all you want here. We are not hyper-controlling bastards like those moderators at TheHelper and such.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote