wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Art Gallery > 3D graphics > Unique models
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-25-2007, 05:39 PM   #31
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd PlaceSkinning Competetion #3 - Elementals

Sure thing. Was planning to.

He is rigged now, so I'm making his first animation.

EDIT: Actually, I'm finding this really difficult : /

The proportions of this scamp are far different to that of the original, this one is much taller, legs are longer and thicker, head is smaller etc.

Because he is much larger in certain areas, he is difficult to pose correctly. This way he won't be able to be animated like he should be I believe.

For now I think I'll try to work on Myriad, he should be fine.

Last edited by Chriz. : 01-25-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Chriz. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-25-2007, 09:07 PM   #32
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I suppose screenshots really don't do it justice --
But how much taller exactly is the new one compared to the old one?
The screenshots really don't make the geometry or proportions *seem* much different.

And Myriad should be really simple.
I'll attach a sword model (Proudmoore's to be exact) to his right hand. (So you know)
Also remember that Myriad isn't *in* the current version. (He's currently disabled for bugs that I can't identify)
So P can be released without him is what I'm saying.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 01-25-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:56 PM   #33
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)

I'll Pm you the mdx, open it in the Viewer though, it has some unknown bug and won't work in Magos.

It should give you a good idea of what I mean.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:44 PM   #34
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

I still say its a shame that you let someone create nice new models for these characters, but didnt take the opportunity to revisit or rethink the deesign possubilities. Seems like such a waste to make it look exactly like the wow counterpart. Especially the skeleton could have been more creative.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:19 AM   #35
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Erwt, I can't possibly explain any different way to design them in words.
And I sure as hell can't draw.

How the hell do you expect me to convey new design features?
I can't magickally shove your artistic talent into my hands.
It doesn't work that way.

I am not a creative person when it comes to character appearance.
That's why I'm a physicist by trade and nothing else.

And I'm sick of you doing nothing but critisize me and everything I do.
If you want to be helpful, then please by all means, but stop being so condescending.
Quote:
Especially the skeleton could have been more creative.
Got an idea? Or are you just going to keep ranting about my inability to be artistically creative?

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 01-26-2007 at 12:42 AM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:32 AM   #36
THE_END
THE_Legion General

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (17)

THE_END is just really nice (386)THE_END is just really nice (386)THE_END is just really nice (386)THE_END is just really nice (386)THE_END is just really nice (386)

Hero Contest #3 - 3rd PlaceSkinning Contest 10 ~ Druid of the talon

Send a message via AIM to THE_END Send a message via MSN to THE_END

Oh...uhh well
Is there any other idea for the Myriad?
Old 01-26-2007, 12:43 AM   #37
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Uhm... The extent of what I can possibly think of is "skeleton."
That's about it.

I really don't know what else to say.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:46 AM   #38
THE_END
THE_Legion General

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (17)

THE_END is just really nice (386)THE_END is just really nice (386)THE_END is just really nice (386)THE_END is just really nice (386)THE_END is just really nice (386)

Hero Contest #3 - 3rd PlaceSkinning Contest 10 ~ Druid of the talon

Send a message via AIM to THE_END Send a message via MSN to THE_END

No zombie or anything? No skeleton that is..damn ok
Skeleton is..meh ahah I cant think of anything else
Old 01-26-2007, 02:25 AM   #39
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

One thing that I suggest to fix is the IMP portrait. Its face should be more centered in the portrait frame. I know it shakes, but I think it can be showed in a better angle. Other idea that I have is to add particle emitters to the eyes, making them looks like glowing, improving its evil. Just some ideas.

Last edited by moyack : 01-26-2007 at 02:26 AM.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:54 AM   #40
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

A skeleton in a roman centurion armor for example would have kicked major butt. I agree that theres not much to change in the skamp department, its a cool character as it is.

It would have been cool to give them a little asian flavour as well, becouse of the many black stans in your map, that would have fit really well with the rest of the models you are using.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:38 AM   #41
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Roman Centurion Armor? >_>;

Myriad is a being from the void that has inhabited the long-dead corpses of Hallowed Order and Bane soldiers.
In reality, to make him *perfect* he'd have to have like 16 different models.
But for the purposes of AotZ and filesize it works down to 1 model.

Really, he's just a "heavily-armored skeleton"
I think if I had to describe a single way he should be, I'd have a lot of his skeletal structure revealed (So you know it's a f*cking skeleton) and then give him heavy pauldrons, chest armor, greaves, and boots.
And well... That's basically what the model already is.
The designs on the model and the shape I really have no specifications for.

Plus, MC seemed really gung-ho in-game textures.
There's nothing wrong with that, both of these models were volunteer work, but I didn't want to be rude and start pulling his strings, so to speak.
Just if it needed a custom texture for detail, etc. I wouldn't have minded.
It's not like these models were requests afterall though.

And actually, the use of BS' models in my map for 2/3 of the times I use it (Mutuo/Mago) was because of lack of a better model.
If there were a better human musketeer model, I'd use that.
If there were a better dual-blade swordsman, I'd use that.
I just pick them to keep with the hero's theme and style.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:35 PM   #42
weeg
User

weeg has little to show at this moment (9)

Soory to say but...arent we getting just a BIT off topic honestly who cares about the skeleton or imp they both look awsome (after his update) so why are we even discussing such things.....oh and btw on the Roman Centurion Armour thing....why not just make a normal Roman Centurion (or leigionaire) Since most place-holder models dont do it justice.....and not to mention kinda suck.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:43 PM   #43
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Submissions (17)

This isn't off topic by any means, this is the topic.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:00 PM   #44
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
. . .

Submissions (21)

WILL THE ALMIGHTY is just really nice (284)WILL THE ALMIGHTY is just really nice (284)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
If there were a better dual-blade swordsman, I'd use that..

how about MC'S blodd elf swordsman in the gallery? I don,t know the hero's abilities and if they,d fit with a blood elf, but it,d be better then any BS model.

Asian models just don't fit.
[21-10-16] Ash: WILLTHEALMIGHTY, IT IS NOT SAFE OUT THERE, TAKE THIS!
[21-10-16] Ash gives WILL a kitten.
WILL THE ALMIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:10 AM   #45
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
how about MC'S blodd elf swordsman in the gallery?
He has to release it first. :P
Although it's a very viable possibility depending on what animations it gets.