wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Elimination Tournament
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-27-2008, 11:33 AM   #151
MaD[Lion]
MaD Da ViNci

Respected User

Submissions (10)

MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)

while fulla does this i will be working many things, along with a brand new physic engine with the aim to be faster than the one before... we need mad physic ^^
Timing SystemTiming system that simulates the usage of PolledWait just with 0.01 accuracy
MaD[Lion] is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-27-2008, 12:22 PM   #152
Alexander244
Now Kharyb

Submissions (1)

Alexander244 is a jewel in the rough (193)Alexander244 is a jewel in the rough (193)Alexander244 is a jewel in the rough (193)

Quote:
I can post a few screenshots of the first level if theres still interest around here
Yes please :)
Alexander244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:48 PM   #153
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

Heres a few screenshots, of the first level 'Plunge'.
Quite a tactical map, I recommend examining it closely. The blue things are jump pads.

Basic overview:
Zoom

Jump pads directions:
Zoom

A base/start point:
Zoom

Flag areas:
Zoom

Random ingame shot:
Zoom

Current Progress:
  • 1 level complete
  • 4 1/2 guns complete
  • All in-game triggers done
  • Powerups done
  • Majority of items done

Still need to get Jump & grenades working & finish up Laser. Then it should be at the very least be testable/playable.

Oh, if you fall in the blackness you're dead :P

Last edited by Fulla : 05-27-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Fulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:08 PM   #154
Alexander244
Now Kharyb

Submissions (1)

Alexander244 is a jewel in the rough (193)Alexander244 is a jewel in the rough (193)Alexander244 is a jewel in the rough (193)

It looks really interesting, I'm looking forward to the beta!

Quick question, What's this circle of power for?

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WhatsThat.jpg (27.3 KB, 60 views)
Old 05-27-2008, 04:09 PM   #155
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

Powerups :p
Speed, Shield, Double Damage etc.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:13 PM   #156
Alexander244
Now Kharyb

Submissions (1)

Ah, ofc.

A second shop too, very nice.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:23 AM   #157
Dark.Revenant
User

Submissions (1)

Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)

May I suggest jump pads working omnidirectionally if at all possible. It would allow the maps to be a LOT more flexible.

Also, try going for an improved look. It's basically the same game with a better engine, different levels, and jump pads. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but to make it feel like a true sequel you must make it look noticeably different or better, too.

Last edited by Dark.Revenant : 05-28-2008 at 03:26 AM.
Dark.Revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:13 AM   #158
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark.Revenant
May I suggest jump pads working omnidirectionally if at all possible. It would allow the maps to be a LOT more flexible.

Me & Mad tried that before, atleast thats what we initially wanted.
It didn't turn out so good thou, as it bugged now and then & it led to alot of deaths in the pit areas :p

I would like to atleast allow some control over your direction but cap it with min & max angles to give some control, but force a general direction.
On other levels alot more control could be given thou.

Quote:
Also, try going for an improved look. It's basically the same game with a better engine, different levels, and jump pads. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but to make it feel like a true sequel you must make it look noticeably different or better, too.

Oh yea, I do have alot of cool features planned, such as weapon secondary/alternative fire/modes & weapon customization items.
Plus ofcourse I'd like to break the CTF only as it tends to get a bit repitive.

Last edited by Fulla : 05-28-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #159
Alexander244
Now Kharyb

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulla
It didn't turn out so good thou, as it bugged now and then & it led to alot of deaths in the pit areas :p
A bit of risk makes it all the more fun :)
Quote:
I would like to atleast allow some control over your direction but cap it with min & max angles to give some control, but force a general direction.
On other levels alot more control could be given thou.
It might be good to have particles being emitted in the direction of the jump, or something like that. Just so it looks better and it's clear where you'll end up.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:39 PM   #160
Dark.Revenant
User

Submissions (1)

Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)

Quote:
weapon customization items
Be EXTREMELY careful with this. This would be amazingly cool if done right, but I estimate that it could very well break the game singlehandedly if done wrong.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:39 AM   #161
MaD[Lion]
MaD Da ViNci

Respected User

Submissions (10)

MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)

omidirectional is fully possible in the et2 version i worked with. I Fixed the bugs too by implementing a correct timer system i made. everything was actually perfect... until i gave up cus flamer lagged the game. I know that is stupid but... well i lost motivation now.

I had everything working tho, a fully working weapon system tat allow u to make any kind of weapons, or even combine them by just changing values. Grenades also worked fine. But i just didnt like the fact that flamer was so heavy to make working and lagfree.
Timing SystemTiming system that simulates the usage of PolledWait just with 0.01 accuracy

Last edited by MaD[Lion] : 05-29-2008 at 12:42 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:18 AM   #162
Dark.Revenant
User

Submissions (1)

Flamer was a fail weapon IMO. Give up because of something important if you have to :p.

Last edited by Dark.Revenant : 05-29-2008 at 01:18 AM.
Dark.Revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:54 AM   #163
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD[Lion]
omidirectional is fully possible in the et2 version i worked with. I Fixed the bugs too by implementing a correct timer system i made. everything was actually perfect... until i gave up cus flamer lagged the game. I know that is stupid but... well i lost motivation now.

I had everything working tho, a fully working weapon system tat allow u to make any kind of weapons, or even combine them by just changing values. Grenades also worked fine. But i just didnt like the fact that flamer was so heavy to make working and lagfree.

Just release without the flamer surely?
In the meantime behind the scenes can work on the flamer for 'future updates' :p

Quote:
Be EXTREMELY careful with this. This would be amazingly cool if done right, but I estimate that it could very well break the game singlehandedly if done wrong.

Yup agreed, I've gave this alot of thought thou & it should be nicely balanced.

Last edited by Fulla : 05-29-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #164
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (299)Toadcop is just really nice (299)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

i will also remove (replace) my flamegun cause it's unnececary lagged. (and you CAN'T fix it. it's simply so.)
Old 05-30-2008, 11:55 AM   #165
MaD[Lion]
MaD Da ViNci

Respected User

Submissions (10)

well i know how to make it faster now.... just need a better engine, more flexible, more exact, more powerful.