wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Skinning / Texturing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 07:55 AM   #1
falcoknight
We're Hunting Humans!

Submissions (29)

falcoknight is a jewel in the rough (155)falcoknight is a jewel in the rough (155)

Skinning contest 1

Send a message via MSN to falcoknight
Default What has happened to wc3s?

Every time I look at the skin sections this is what I see:

a. A recouler, or insugnificatly noticed changes
b. Somewhat modified...still retarded
c. CnP entirely
d. Ugly meshes of different colors
e. Skins that look as if made in paint

I dont know what everyone else thinks..but it makes me sad that all the really good artists left that site (i.e. Antihero, Erwtenpeller, Afroknight, etc..) It really does...

Last edited by falcoknight : 06-03-2006 at 07:58 AM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-03-2006, 08:02 AM   #2
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)

Approved Map: Jurassic ExplorationSmiley contest 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.Skinning Competetion #4 - FallenSkinning Competetion #4 - Atoned

It's undermoderated

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite
My Wc3c Resources

I'm not doing requests, don't pm me about it

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
Olof always speaks true.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:25 AM   #3
FinalTyrant
Intense™

Submissions (2)

FinalTyrant will become famous soon enough (66)FinalTyrant will become famous soon enough (66)FinalTyrant will become famous soon enough (66)

It's retarded. There's masses of shitty work and not enough quality stuff.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:14 AM   #4
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)

Basically because it's undermoderated and the entire submit system is automatical, so any two-bit dipshit with paint can submit his lifes work and enjoy waves of complements from all the other two-bit dipshits.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:39 PM   #5
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd PlaceSkinning Competetion #3 - Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix-IV
Basically because it's undermoderated and the entire submit system is automatical, so any two-bit dipshit with paint can submit his lifes work and enjoy waves of complements from all the other two-bit dipshits.
Quoted for truth.

There are so many things uploaded on that site per day, that it would take you days to find one of the single decent works there. Especially with the shitty speed of that site. If you want Erwts or antiheros or other poeples works that are at this forum, maybe drop them a pm? I think it's better having them here in a better environment than being smothered in 10 year olds.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:01 PM   #6
Blade.dk

Respected User

Submissions (15)

Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)

Approved Map: Azeroth's Arcane ArenaSpell session 01 winner

Send a message via MSN to Blade.dk

I am not a skinner, but I left wc3s too. The jass section is just as bad as the skinning section, if not worse.

Why?
  • The JASS section NEVER had a moderator, and the same goes for a couple other sections.
  • Site bugs that never got fixed.
  • Admins and mods does not seem to care about it anymore. Darky never bothers to visit it, and of course that affects the site. If Wc3C never had changed owners when the old one didn't want to take care of it anymore, it would have been dead/zombified too.
  • The site's stance on WoW models.
  • The staff members are flaming and breaking the rules while telling others to not.
  • Somebody who likes to close threads and post his own opinion in the last post, especially talking about political threads which are not allowed. So every kiddie member there gets the-person-who-I-do-not-want-to-name's opinion, which might affect them later.
  • The sections undermoderated/a lot of crap tolerated.
  • Too much spam tolerated.
  • I dislike the administration's opinion on map protection.
  • Some primary staff members' opinion on 3rd party tools is senseless and retarded, imo.

And just to keep everything in order, the intention with this post is not to offend. And I know that some people dislike wc3c for being 'too elitist' and not tolerating spam.

Are we elitist? Maybe. What is wrong with elitism? Nothing.
I see tons of new members coming here, getting help and becoming a part of the elite.
We do not tolerate spam, luckily. There's so many places on the internet that tolerates spam, there even seems to be several wc3 modding sites where spamming seems to be the primary activity and completely allowed.
Working on projects, spreading them to a good community and helping others with their problems is a better thing to spend time and bandwidth on than spam, in my opinion.

Wc3s was fine in the past. I learned most of the basics there, but when a site's owner stops bothering about the site, it will have effect the site.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:01 PM   #7
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

As much as we all hate wc3sear.ch [/sarcasm] I don't see a reason to have this discussion in this site. Closed
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Closed Thread