wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Warcraft Editing Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-08-2007, 08:09 AM   #76
Silvenon
User

Submissions (1)

Silvenon will become famous soon enough (63)Silvenon will become famous soon enough (63)Silvenon will become famous soon enough (63)

Send a message via MSN to Silvenon

I don't know if anyone posted this question yet, I'm too lazy to read all that :)

When I use external .j files (for example CSCache), I just have to select "Add" and check the box? Because JassCraft recognizes the external function (highlights it), but when I open the brackets, it doesn't display the needed parameters (that function isn't on the list of natives

Is there something more I should do?

Btw, the "Remove" command doesn't work, I can't remove imported files

Btw2, the sintax checker is............well, not that great :) but everything else rocks!
Silvenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-07-2007, 09:50 PM   #77
Draco_9000
User

Draco_9000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-1)

it doesnt work on a mac

you should have wrote what system it requires
Draco_9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #78
TEC_Ghost
User

TEC_Ghost will become famous soon enough (65)TEC_Ghost will become famous soon enough (65)TEC_Ghost will become famous soon enough (65)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco_9000
it doesnt work on a mac

you should have wrote what system it requires

Or you should get a PC and stop whining.

Projects
TEC_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 02:46 AM   #79
3ICE
User

3ICE has little to show at this moment (4)

Default @Silvenon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvenon
When I use external .j files (for example CSCache), I just have to select "Add" and check the box? Because JassCraft recognizes the external function (highlights it), but when I open the brackets, it doesn't display the needed parameters (that function isn't on the list of natives) Is there something more I should do? Btw, the "Remove" command doesn't work, I can't remove imported files
Fixing that is easy, just open up Settings.ini and manually remove the additional native files you can't remove.

For the needed parameters display the only thing you can do right now is:

Step 01: Open your native file ,
Step 02: Highlight everything ,
Step 03: Copy ,
Step 04: Open Blizzard.j ,
Step 05: Paste ,
Step 06: In case you have globals, move them to the top ,
Step 07: Click Save ,
Step 08: Close everything ,
Step 09: Open JassCraft ,
Step 10: You are done .

EDIT: Maybe common.j would be a better choice so you have less work to do (common.j has 0 globals so its easier to move your globals to the top)

EDIT2: I didn't test this i just randomly thought of it. I hope it works.

Last edited by 3ICE : 11-10-2007 at 02:50 AM.
3ICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:50 PM   #80
Troll-Brain
User

Submissions (1)

Troll-Brain has a spectacular aura about (134)

for copy/paste could you add right click on the bottom window and the hotkeys Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V on the native list search ?
thx for this tool

Last edited by Troll-Brain : 12-14-2007 at 09:20 AM.
Troll-Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:49 PM   #81
The Shadow of Death
User

The Shadow of Death has little to show at this moment (0)

Exclamation

Hi !
Your tool is wonderful ! It helps me a lot !
But I would like to ask you : May you translate your tool in another language ? French, for example :D

If for you it's OK, I would like to make the translation ^^ I'm from Belgium, in the french part and I learn a lot English (For example, I translated the World Editor trigger part in French).
It will be with great pleasure I translate your amazing tool, you can trust me :)
Old 08-01-2008, 05:02 AM   #82
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

No clue if this ever has a chance to get updated, but I'm posting this anyways. First, a bug report -- If you have a string with the word "takes" in it within a function, the program seems to think that's the beginning of the function and not the "function Rawr takes..." line. (Apparently takes is the keyword)

Also, I was hoping maybe the font functionality of JSP could be imported over. The wonderful thing about JSP is that I can have it display BJ functions and functions from my own script files in different colors and so forth -- Something JC can't do. If JC could do that, I'd switch over in a heartbeat.

Anyways, love JSP, it's my most used WC3 modding program of all time. <3
Old 08-01-2008, 05:25 AM   #83
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

JassCraft is what taught me JASS. It's a shame it was a bit buggy and was never updated to vJASS. The instant syntax checker is STILL something this has that Newgen doesn't have, and it was a godsend (even if it did return errors for missing globals and stuff, but you could just ignore them)
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:57 AM   #84
Zoxc
( ~)>

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Zoxc is just really nice (312)Zoxc is just really nice (312)Zoxc is just really nice (312)

I come back to visit and it's still on the first page

I didn't add the coloring for files since the implementation of it I used was pretty slow...

Hasn't someone found out the internal structures of the world editor yet?
Old 08-27-2008, 08:43 PM   #85
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoxc
I didn't add the coloring for files since the implementation of it I used was pretty slow...
As far as I'm concerned, as long as my computer doesn't freeze, I'd forfeit a bit of speed for the ability to specify functions from different files with different font parameters.

Also, it'd be really sweet if whenever I start the program, it's by-default set to insert with text, not overwrite. Every time it starts, I forget to hit insert and end up typing over half a line of code by accident.

A new version of JC would be wicked, although I can't possibly ask you to spend time you don't have on it. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoxc
Hasn't someone found out the internal structures of the world editor yet?
No clue, what do you mean by that?
Old 10-13-2008, 05:11 PM   #86
Crafthax13
User

Crafthax13 has little to show at this moment (0)

I know nothing about GUI or JASS but am very interested in learning JASS or both if need be. I seem to be unable to find the link to download JASSCRAFT though, was it removed or am i missing something?
I will continue to browse around to find it, any help would be awsome thanks =)
Crafthax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:09 PM   #87
Fire-Dragon-DoL
User

Fire-Dragon-DoL has little to show at this moment (4)

Hi again, i'm using jasscraft since the beginning when i started learning jass...i think it's the greatest tool i've seen actually...(yea, i'll love the support for other programming languages...syntax highlighter, search tab, the little tab with the whole definition of the function and the little box that appear, helping you compiling the parameters of any function is something i need everytime, everywhere!)

What i really would like to ask is not the vjass support because i think if you not update it is because you don't have enough time, btw i will love the highlighting (and nothing more) of the keyword used in jass (struct, scope, library, private,public, endstruct, endlibrary, requires, uses, needs, keyword, method) (hoping i'm not missing any word)...i know it will gives problems, btw you can put a simple checkbox in options which allows you decide to use or not use this special thing...

Thank you very much for reading...
Fire-Dragon-DoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #88
krisier
User

krisier has little to show at this moment (0)

does this work i the 1.24b patch??
krisier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:23 PM   #89
Silvenon
User

Submissions (1)

Silvenon will become famous soon enough (63)Silvenon will become famous soon enough (63)Silvenon will become famous soon enough (63)

Send a message via MSN to Silvenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisier
does this work i the 1.24b patch??

Wtf dude? This isn't going in wc3, it's an external JASS editor.

Also, TESH is a much better JASS editor, plus it supports vJass (plus you get it with Jass NewGen Pack, so you have a vJass editor implemented in your trigger editor).
Silvenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:55 AM   #90
Anachron
User

Anachron will become famous soon enough (51)Anachron will become famous soon enough (51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvenon
Wtf dude? This isn't going in wc3, it's an external JASS editor.

Also, TESH is a much better JASS editor, plus it supports vJass (plus you get it with Jass NewGen Pack, so you have a vJass editor implemented in your trigger editor).
he meant if this also uses the new natives, and yes, its does, if you add the new common.j and blizzard.j.
Anachron is offline   Reply With Quote