wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-21-2007, 08:01 AM   #46
Vaxan
User

Vaxan has little to show at this moment (2)

I've spent a lot of time playing Soulchess with my clan lately. The biggest complaint about the map is that it is zoomed in very far, and while there is a zoomout command the camera changes so frequently that you have to type the command every 30 seconds or so. To make the gameplay experience more enjoyable, I'd suggest:
~Zoom the camera out a little more by default when viewing the game board
~Zoom the camera out quite a bit more when watching battles (especially battles between 2 other players)
~Make sure the camera properly restores to an overhead position when 2 kings are fighting (it usually settles on a horizontal view making it very difficult to see)
Vaxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-21-2007, 11:24 AM   #47
Barade
User

Barade is on a distinguished road (14)

Very funny map, i like it, really. I played it with a friend and i killed his Vampire with my Knight because his Vampire had just 50 % of his life, but then he was revived and killed my Knight, that was really funny, but in the end i killed his Vampire with my Bloodelf Lord. This is a new type of Minigame. Nice Idea!
Barade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 07:31 AM   #48
Death_Phoenix
User

Death_Phoenix has little to show at this moment (2)

Just one or two few bugs with Vacuum Grenade, if you place the spell inbetween the enemy and a group of trees or water, it still moves the unit into the group of trees/water, thus stalemating the game. Kinda a biggy.. maybe. Just letting you know.

Looking forward to test the new version ^^
Death_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:31 AM   #50
Laosh'Ra
Worldshaper

Submissions (1)

Laosh'Ra will become famous soon enough (41)Laosh'Ra will become famous soon enough (41)

Approved Map: Soulchess

Send a message via ICQ to Laosh'Ra

that bug should be fixed in 1.19 (remember all those changelogs apply for 1.19)
-buffed Skull Bomb (Archbone Assassin Level 3)
-fixed meditate board ability (once again)
(i wont list all the other changes again, browse through the topic to read all of them)

with this, 1.19 IS RELEASED!
i also made up my mind about most of the new units which will appear in 1.20. creating them will take quite a while though.

@vaxan sorry that i didnt remove the auto-zoom-reset in this version, it'd require another proper testgame to check for interfereance with other triggers. i'll most likely rework this stuff a bit for 1.20 though. till then i suggest you put the zoom command into ram (press enter, write the message, then hold down tab and press enter to mark all of it, press ctrl-c to copy. now you can always insert it into an empty chatline with ctrl-v...)
anyway, thanks for feedback. id like to know the name & the realm of your clan :)
Laosh'Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:36 AM   #51
Aphotic
User

Aphotic has little to show at this moment (2)

Send a message via Yahoo to Aphotic

oh wow new Version thanks man!
Fame:Aphotic, Race:U-N-D-E-A-D, Locus:Planet Earth, Tint:Gray, PIN:7, Figure:Near Ugly, Skill:Brain Saping, Ascribe:Death Knight, Hated Enemy:Elves, Favorit Ally:None, Favorit Weapon:Scythe, Pleased:None, Diety:Monotheism (Submission to God (ALONE)).
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:29 AM   #52
Aphotic
User

Aphotic has little to show at this moment (2)

Send a message via Yahoo to Aphotic

your map is simply awesome your a wonderful one but PLZ can you improve your map with more units more spells much easier race selection like (DotA Tavren) so we can get info for race picking more battle grounds and every thing that you can improve like items PLZ me & my friends are playing your map every day like 17 times at least PLZ do some thing!!! we love you! and your map!!!
Fame:Aphotic, Race:U-N-D-E-A-D, Locus:Planet Earth, Tint:Gray, PIN:7, Figure:Near Ugly, Skill:Brain Saping, Ascribe:Death Knight, Hated Enemy:Elves, Favorit Ally:None, Favorit Weapon:Scythe, Pleased:None, Diety:Monotheism (Submission to God (ALONE)).
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:33 AM   #53
Laosh'Ra
Worldshaper

Submissions (1)

Laosh'Ra will become famous soon enough (41)Laosh'Ra will become famous soon enough (41)

well first of all, thanks for this positive feedback.

Quote:
more units
as mentioned, 8 new units will be added. but this will take a while.

Quote:
more spells
i dont really get this one... after 1.19 u want even more spells? there are 165 custom abilities in soulchess, i guess about 80%-90% of them are directly used as level 1 / 2 / 3 ability for the units. going beyond level 3 would be wasted effort. again i'd like to mention that every unit-type of every race has unique level 1 2 and 3 (some exceptions let them appear on 2 unit types).
in any case you can be happy as the 8 new units will come with brand new abilities. ive got some really eye-candy ones planned already.

Quote:
much easier race selection like (DotA Tavren) so we can get info for race picking
theres already basic info displayed if you come near a selection circle. the whole info for the races would never fit into a single tooltip which is the reason i put up large sections for every race in the questmenu. using a tavern is an interesting idea though.... i might even do that. but i cant promise it as it requires more work than you can imagine. and race selection works flawlessly at the moment. the new units simply have priority.

Quote:
more battle grounds
yes, i guess new arenas would be adequate. i hope to get some additional ones done for 1.20.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:46 AM   #54
TheCrystalBlade
User

TheCrystalBlade has little to show at this moment (2)

Yeah, I skipped pages 2 & 3, but I LOVE this map, totally awesome, but I can't stand the beggining, if a player types -skip before I can enter modes, It removes the mode then I have to pause the game >_<. .
This game would be awesome if It was 8 players, like, theres two each types of arenas and two boards per board type, then more people will begin playing it, just an idea.
TheCrystalBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:24 PM   #55
Laosh'Ra
Worldshaper

Submissions (1)

the "-skip" doesn't shorten the given amount of time for entering modes. it doesn't disable any modes either. if 2 players have entered it, the tutorial will be skipped as soon as the starting time (the time you have to enter the modes) is over. thats all it does.

i dont know if 8 players is technically possible without rewriting the whole engine. in any case a lot of work and many upcoming bugs are to be expected. now im asking myself if this is worth it. assuming 8 players want to play the map, why cant they just host 2 different games?
what i MIGHT do is a version where 2 players control 1 color using shared units. this way the show goes on even if one of them leaves / goes afk. they could also discuss their tactics together and only fight with the units they are experienced with. however, this requires some work as well (but not as much as the version u suggested) so i'll rather finish 1.20 first. else i'd have to do it all again once 1.20 is finished.
thanks for the feedback.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:30 PM   #56
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

yeah I doubt that 8 players would even be worth it Ra.
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:49 PM   #57
TheCrystalBlade
User

I see about the 8p thing. .
But the skip thing, what I mean is, the first time I played this, I barly had time to read the modes before someone typed "-skip" which clears the message, so I have to pause it, read the quests and put in the modes.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:29 PM   #58
Laosh'Ra
Worldshaper

Submissions (1)

now i get your point and ill try to find a solution for that.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:29 AM   #59
TheCrystalBlade
User

Thanks, cause it was kind of an ass trying to do it all.
Anyway, Tell me when the next update is!

Edit: On Epic 1.19, something strange happened.
Me and this guy were playing it, it was a 1v1, the other guys left and the game became nonresponsive. We clicked move, attack, nothing worked, I couldn't even use the escape key to get to the menu (I always change it at beggining) finaly after eight turns, I used my soulpower and it fixed itself. I do not have a replay, if it happens again, I'll save the replay.

Last edited by TheCrystalBlade : 03-25-2007 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:45 PM   #60
Laosh'Ra
Worldshaper

Submissions (1)

i started working on 1.20. however, this will take a while there's a long todo list and i'm working on another project at the same time.

http://www.clancbs.com