wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > Trigger (GUI)/ AI editor Tutorials
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-04-2004, 06:55 AM   #61
mynastydrag

Wow thats a lot of info to choke on but nice one.... Perhaps summerising will (yea yea i know its not easy and can't be done overnight) be great.

Tks alot BTW
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-19-2004, 12:54 AM   #62
f3styler

thats an incredible concentration span.

any chance of a .hlp?
Old 12-06-2004, 01:10 AM   #63
koolmunkie
User

koolmunkie has little to show at this moment (0)

great tutorial

but how do u make it that both events (meaning both the pressing of up arrow and right arrow) must be used to do the action?
koolmunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 02:08 AM   #64
theJ89
User

Submissions (1)

theJ89 has little to show at this moment (7)

This is simple to do with variables, you need to make several triggers though.

Two (boolean) variables:
UpKey=False
RightKey=False

First trigger - Detect Up Button (pressed down) - Set UpKey to True
Second trigger - Detect Up Button (let up) - Set UpKey to false
Third trigger - Detect Right Button (pressed down) - Set RightKey to True
Fourth trigger - Detect Right Button (let up) - Set RightKey to false
Fifth trigger - Detect BOTH Button Right and Button Up (this should be at the BOTTOM of your triggers) and check to see if UpKey and RightKey both equal to true

if you understand that you're on your way =)

theJ89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 10:45 PM   #65
koolmunkie
User

i tried the system and it mostly worked but sometimes it doesnt move wer i want it to, can you check the triggers and see wats wrong? :( i hav da attachment rite here ...thx

by da way i have only the WIII TFT + WE 1.17
Old 12-08-2004, 10:53 PM   #66
koolmunkie
User

AWESOME... this is so kool, thanks to ur help i took my first walking system and used ur help to make it into a real working one, thx so much ...

Last edited by koolmunkie : 12-10-2004 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:18 AM   #67
GAMEKING

Hello all,
I have some questions about setting up quest for each map i am doing in a campaign mod i am making.

1. I know how to get the Quest to start. Basically i have to have a char walk into a region that has a trigger for the quest on it. I have tried to get the quest to start from a selection event of an NPC but had some trouble with it. Any help here with getting the NPC to be able to start the quest would be great. this is an example of the script i have for the region trigger and the NPC select trigger to start a quest.

Region Trigger
Event
Unit enters region "Main Quest"

Condition
[[Triggering unit] is a hero] equal to true

Action
Quest - Create a Required quest titled Main Quest with the description blah blah using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp

NPC Selection Trigger
Event
Unit Emissary 1 <gen> is selected

Condition

Action
Quest - Create a Required quest titled Main Quest with the description blah blah using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp

2. Ok i have a quest going that started from a region entering trigger but how do i make the quest completed. I have tried setting it up and it looks like this.

End Main Quest trigger

Event
Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 [Red] Is issued an order targeting an object

Conditions
[[Way Gate 1 <gen> is A structure] Equal to [Way Gate 1 <gen> is enabled]] and "this is where i put the other condition such as a player controlled hero unit owns 3 specific items"

Actions
Quest - Mark MainQuest as completed

3. The next question i have is where can i find some good tutorials or even some maps with these conditions and quest already in them so i can look at and study to code so i can extrapilate how the code should look for my custom campaign

Thank you for your time
Old 03-11-2005, 02:09 AM   #68
Spybloom
User

Spybloom has little to show at this moment (0)

Before i say this, i'd just like to point out that i didn't go through all the stuff yet, so don't say anything if it's been said somewhere already. I'm making a map and i have a hero who has an ability that's like metamorphosis, but it changes it to a hero with completely different abilities. I've got how to use this ability so that each unit has their own abilities. I have
Event: A unit finishes casting a spell
Condition: Name of spell equal to [spell name]
Action: Remove triggering unit from the game
Action: Create one [unit it changes into] at [position of triggering unit] at [default building degrees]

The problem is that whenever the abilty is used, a new hero square is created in the corner. how do you make it so that there's only one?

btw, i have another trigger thing for the other unit to change back to the first unit.
Spybloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:01 PM   #69
theJ89
User

Submissions (1)

theJ89 has little to show at this moment (7)

Just checking in to see how things are going.

WC3Campaigns shifted staff apparantly.

I'm glad that the old vBulletin forums are back, I liked them quite a lot.

As for me, I will no longer be updating this thread. I'm very involved in the Garry's Mod community http://www.facepunchstudios.com. I no longer play Warcraft 3 and I won't have time to work on this from now on. Thanks to all of the people that liked this guide and I'm sorry I could never finish it.

If you want to get in touch with me, i'm theJ89 on Facepunch and can usually be found posting in the scripting section.
theJ89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:04 PM   #70
Immoralis
Working on AoBM

Submissions (2)

Immoralis will become famous soon enough (47)Immoralis will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via AIM to Immoralis Send a message via MSN to Immoralis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper9999
o one quick thing, i know what MATH - min, max, and abs are but i dont know how they could be used. Min - minimum, could be point in relation to a graph or the minimum of an equation. IE in a parabola the minpoint would be the point of origin aka vertex. I guess this coulod be used for comparisons
Thats only if the paraobola was facing up, not upside down or sideways. Can be used to find the closest unit to something in the group useing a loop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper9999
ABS - absolute value, poisibly for more comparisons like sustains so much damage (base damage+any modifiers like orbs-armor) if does X damage blah blah blah
Wrong, abs makes a number positive, it it is already positive it does nothing, it not then it turns it positive, simple. its an easier way of doing squared then square root.
Immoralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 03:00 AM   #71
JnM
Cinies ftw <3!

Submissions (1)

JnM will become famous soon enough (66)JnM will become famous soon enough (66)JnM will become famous soon enough (66)

Send a message via AIM to JnM Send a message via MSN to JnM

For most maps, you can simply have "Action" triggers. But here is some ideas to help you out:

Events - Is usefull when something HAPPENDS (Unit walks into a region (area)

Condition - Is usefull for more detail about the event (Unit entering region=Mountain King)

Action - Is usefull for doing the action of what happens (for exemple here) when "A unit (mountain king) enters a region", with the action you can do "Turn cinematic mod on", "kill Unit", "Upgrade Hero", just look around the files.

I feel like helping someone for some crazy reason, if anyone needs help either
a) Send an e-mail at hockey_jnm@hotmail.com
b)Just post question here ^_^
Old 09-03-2006, 09:28 AM   #72
Tobbz
User

Tobbz has little to show at this moment (0)

Thumbs up

Cool tut

Which FF Character Are You?

FF is the BEST!!
Tobbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:52 PM   #73
lome
User

lome has little to show at this moment (0)

This is the best tutorial i've seen in months, this will be really useful with the campaign i'm making.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:08 AM   #74
skytainted
User

skytainted has little to show at this moment (0)

Oh..Man..Too much. Can't they fit together?

"For the Horde"
skytainted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #75
editman
User

editman has little to show at this moment (0)

Hey,just a quick question, is there a way to make the "Play - Sound" trigger to be stacking? because, when i used this function, multiple times, it only plays one sound.

Eg.
"Play - Sound <%%%%>"
"Wait 0.10 Seconds"
"Play - Sound <%%%%>"
"Wait 0.10 Seconds"
"Play - Sound <%%%%>"
"Wait 0.10 Seconds"
"Play - Sound <%%%%>"

only the first play sound is heard.... is there a way? maybe in the sound editor?
editman is offline   Reply With Quote