wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Warcraft Editing Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-09-2006, 10:33 PM   #1
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Tools & Tutorials Moderator

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Approved Map: Pitzer's Minesweeper

Default War3 GameCache Converter

I'm proud to announce the release of another Warcraft III tool, the War3 GameCache Converter, or short, CacheConv. http://www.wc3campaigns.net/tools/we...eConverter.rar

This tool lets you extract game caches from Campaigns.w3v and from savegames and export it to SLK sheets. Those can be edited in Excel, Open Office or SYLK Pad.
Then CacheConv lets you convert the SLK table back to a Campaigns.w3v file to put it back in game.

Several possible use cases come to my mind:
  • Custom Ladder Systems: I don't know if the Save Game trigger actually works, but if it does, you could create bnet maps that automatically save a savegame that contains game cache data when a game is over. A tool running in the background could monitor the file system and wait for the creation of this savegame, then use CacheConv to extract desired information and finally automatically report the results to a webserver.
  • Gamecache Maintainance: If you ever hit the 256 game cache limit you will be thankful to be able to simply remove some of the game caches manually with this tool. Also whenever you're not sure if there are the correct values in the game cache you can now easily check it out.
  • Debugging: You can write all sorts of debug information to gamecache and later analyze it in Excel. I've added 2 special tags for that purpose: Integers with labels that start with # will be displayed as ids (eg AHbz, hpea ...) instead of numbers. Values in a category that starts with < or > will be sorted ascending/descending by their labels. This can be useful for logging actions to the gamecache and to get the output in the correct order.
    Especially for AI file development a log can be really useful.
    Excel macros can then be used to evaluate the gatherd information.
  • Injecting Data into the Game: Might be useful for singleplayer campaigns, to precompile certain tables (for example with an Excel macro) and put it in-game with a custom Campaigns.w3v file.

Usage:

This requires the .NET framework 2.0. It's a command line tool.
Type CacheConv register to register the .w3v and .w3z file extensions to the tool and CacheConv unregister to unregister them. When registered it will auto-convert those files to SLK when double clicking them.
Type CacheConv inputfile to convert a file.

Have Fun!
PitzerMike
Old 03-10-2006, 11:20 AM   #2
Blade.dk

Respected User

Submissions (15)

Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)

Approved Map: Azeroth's Arcane ArenaSpell session 01 winner

Send a message via MSN to Blade.dk

Wonderful program.

Good job :).
Old 03-10-2006, 05:02 PM   #3
Zoxc
( ~)>

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Zoxc is just really nice (312)Zoxc is just really nice (312)Zoxc is just really nice (312)

Great program... eats memory as hell on large files... 300 MB for a 37kB output file?

I miss GUI :'(

Therefore I made a little program to use console for me ^^
I'd improve it more if I knew more about .SLK files ^^
Attached Files
File Type: zip CacheViewer.zip (170.3 KB, 60 views)
Old 03-12-2006, 05:52 PM   #4
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Hmm, interesting, it uses 20MB memory for a file of that size on my comp. Maybe there's something special about the file. I can look into it if you send me the file to PitzerMike@gmx.at .

And nice GUI wrapper. About the SLK format, it's really easy and documented here: http://www.wc3campaigns.net/umswe/sp...idethew3m.html
Old 03-12-2006, 06:41 PM   #5
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

I blame .NET , but well did it have to save on SLK wouldn't XML be better for that?
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:42 PM   #6
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Submissions (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
I blame .NET , but well did it have to save on SLK wouldn't XML be better for that?

I wanted the result to be editable in Excel, mainly because you can easily use VBA macros to process the data. And I don't like how excel displays XML.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:42 AM   #7
BertTheJasser
xyzi - our universe

Submissions (2)

BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)

Great Work!
+Rep when I can give you some again. ;)
Special thanks to Vexorian who helped me learn jass, the real jass and always helped me when problems occured, I would call him somehow my mentor. Pipedream, who made amazing Grimoire and helped me acclerating my map (currently at 99% finished, no developement atm).

Vote for Linux Ports in general of Blizzard products: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ibpfl/
BertTheJasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:13 AM   #8
shadow1500
STARCRAFT II OMFG

Submissions (9)

shadow1500 is just really nice (306)shadow1500 is just really nice (306)shadow1500 is just really nice (306)

Send a message via ICQ to shadow1500 Send a message via AIM to shadow1500 Send a message via MSN to shadow1500

When I use it i get an error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	6091

Last edited by shadow1500 : 05-16-2006 at 12:13 AM.
shadow1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:28 AM   #9
Linera
Banned

Linera seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-62)Linera seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-62)Linera seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-62)

Send a message via MSN to Linera

Looks like you don't have don't have .Net Framework 2.0

try this page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframewo...s/default.aspx
Linera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:57 AM   #10
shadow1500
STARCRAFT II OMFG

Submissions (9)

shadow1500 is just really nice (306)shadow1500 is just really nice (306)shadow1500 is just really nice (306)

Send a message via ICQ to shadow1500 Send a message via AIM to shadow1500 Send a message via MSN to shadow1500

It worked for me before, was it updated?

Quote:
Looks like you don't have don't have .Net Framework 2.0

try this page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframewo...s/default.aspx
That fixes it, thanks.

Last edited by shadow1500 : 05-16-2006 at 12:57 AM.
shadow1500 is offline   Reply With Quote