wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-07-2014, 12:23 AM   #1
andreasaspenberg
User

andreasaspenberg is on a distinguished road (12)

Default how can i trigger a map based on ghost master

i started working on it but ran out of scripting ideas. can anybody help me. explanation of ghost master comes here. ghosts are placed in specific locations but can also be removed from there. the only resource is plasm and that decreases at all times. using ghost powers cause it decrease faster. ghost powers also have a plasm minimum that the user needs to use them and if plasm decreses beyond what the ghosts are using the player loses. ghost powers cause either belief, fear or insanity to increase in the target. fear decreses over time but the others dont.
andreasaspenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-15-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
Shade987
User

Submissions (1)

Shade987 is on a distinguished road (19)

You might get more help if you can explain more clearly what exactly what individual steps you need assistance with. I'm not personally familiar with ghost master, so that might help my understanding of what you need.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:14 PM   #3
andreasaspenberg
User

andreasaspenberg is on a distinguished road (12)

i think i need help with placing and removing the ghosts. they are bound to objects called fetters. an inflated ball for example is an air fetter. a corpse is a corpse fetter but can also be murder in addition to that. a table can be an emotional fetter. there is also one inside and one outside fetter. each player starts with a team of ghosts that are selected and those remain unless banished.
andreasaspenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:45 PM   #4
Yrth
User

Yrth has little to show at this moment (8)

well that sounds crazy but i can maybe still help you with creating units and registering stuff to happen

here's an example of how to create a unit
Trigger:
eerie midnight footman
Collapse Events
Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 0.00
Conditions
Collapse Actions
Unit - Create 1 Footman for Neutral Passive at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees

you can have multiple different events cause the same action, which might be useful if your thingies are always gonna apparate, or whatever the fuck ghosts do, in the same way but for different causes

if you want to make stuff happen when units get close to your fetters you need to reverse the logic:
the player will always have a certain unit (this is an assumption, modify to your needs)
when something gets close to that unit, see what that something is
if it's a something of type... uh... table i guess (wtf does a table have to do with emotions) do emotional-table actions
and so on for all your other personified furniture

Trigger:
collision
Collapse Events
Unit - A unit comes within 40.00 of Demon Hunter 0001 <gen>
Conditions
Collapse Actions
Collapse Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
Collapse If - Conditions
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (==) Footman
Collapse Then - Actions
Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
Unit - Change color of Demon Hunter 0001 <gen> to Black
Else - Actions
pretend the footman is an emotional table
if the demon hunter (which is just a standard demon hunter placed in the editor) comes within 40 units of a footman, the footman will be removed from the game and the demon hunter will be turned black to match his heart
Yrth is offline   Reply With Quote