wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-29-2007, 08:50 PM   #106
iNfraNe
PhD

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

if there's a 1.4 its crappy and not an official release.
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-29-2007, 10:31 PM   #107
Trojan_Soldier
User

Trojan_Soldier has little to show at this moment (1)

Or if you are too lazy, just add different classes of armor. Obviously, heavier armor means slower move speed but more hp.

"We will not fail. We are the Ultramarines."

Semper Paratus - Always Prepared
Trojan_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:13 AM   #108
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

thought so iNfraNe but do you know who made it?

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:12 PM   #109
iNfraNe
PhD

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

nop, dont particulary care either
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:36 AM   #110
Aphotic
User

Aphotic has little to show at this moment (2)

Send a message via Yahoo to Aphotic

THANKS a lot man your mapS are wonderful your a KiNg oF map makers thanks! improve your map and it will be Popular as DotA!
Fame:Aphotic, Race:U-N-D-E-A-D, Locus:Planet Earth, Tint:Gray, PIN:7, Figure:Near Ugly, Skill:Brain Saping, Ascribe:Death Knight, Hated Enemy:Elves, Favorit Ally:None, Favorit Weapon:Scythe, Pleased:None, Diety:Monotheism (Submission to God (ALONE)).
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:16 AM   #111
deadlysheep_1
User

deadlysheep_1 has little to show at this moment (5)

Umm, I don't think any map can become as popular as DotA, but I reckon that ET could come pretty close with some work. I think that you should add a flashbang though, that would be pretty cool. Make it just like the one in normal Elimination, but make it last a bit longer, and have a unit facing factor.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:41 PM   #112
Gallarda
User

Gallarda has little to show at this moment (0)

Default Et

Hmm i have i nice idea for a map in Et it is a snow world where you start from like a frozen waterfall and slide down then there are place some iceblocks and 2 littel place which are higher and from there you can go up or slide down
Gallarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 05:42 PM   #113
appz_hunter
User

appz_hunter has little to show at this moment (0)

infrane, could you release an unprotected elimination tournament for learning purposes only? I've studied the particle system for some time now and even made a primitive sniper rifle and grenade, but have been unable to make any of the other cool weapons in your map. Also, consider creating a tutorial for this, as many people would like to use a submachine gun in their own map.
appz_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:25 PM   #114
Dark.Revenant
User

Submissions (1)

Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)

Quote:
Originally Posted by appz_hunter
infrane, could you release an unprotected elimination tournament for learning purposes only? I've studied the particle system for some time now and even made a primitive sniper rifle and grenade, but have been unable to make any of the other cool weapons in your map. Also, consider creating a tutorial for this, as many people would like to use a submachine gun in their own map.
I doubt he would simply give away an unprotected elimination tournament, but you might want to try asking for a code snippet that will show you what you need to know.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #115
MaD[Lion]
MaD Da ViNci

Respected User

Submissions (10)

MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)

all the weapons in elim has the almost same concept as the sniper and grenade. Only that they run different functions when hit or bounce. And also they have different way of spawning. For machine gun u need to use timer or else u can use periodic event to continuesly spawn bullets.

For gas grenade and C4 its a more complicated situation which u cant use the basic of particle system, but u need some more code for this.
Timing SystemTiming system that simulates the usage of PolledWait just with 0.01 accuracy
MaD[Lion] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:40 AM   #116
BOESERTEDDY
User

BOESERTEDDY has little to show at this moment (0)

This is the best map ever! (yes, I'm addicted to it )

Only critic: Flamethrower is useless... Otherwise everything is ok. But really, I see no use for the flamethrower. It harldy makes any damage, has no range...
It would be different if the flames would stay a little time, or something like that...

And I think it's good for the noobs that there aren't too many items/weapons, because otherwise they would be overstrained....
But of course I'd like to see more stuff. And new maps/ missions... :-D
Maybe you could make that the host can chose to activate advanced stuff. Means only then you would have additional weapons and items...

PS: Isn't there a forum or anything? Didn't see a link.

PPS: I've made a map quite similar to this one a looooong time ago... But I used units as missiles and they got order to move and the the phoenix ability to damage enemies. But sometimes the missiles didn't fly straight....

PPPS: I wonder why this game isn't lagging like hell...

PPPPS: Shotgun rules ;-) and C-4 suicider suck, lol
BOESERTEDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:50 PM   #117
Exilus
User

Exilus has little to show at this moment (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by appz_hunter

if it interests you, i suggest you get a version 1.1 of elim tourny. it has a different protection. open it in Power-Mpq, extract the war3map.j, and convert it to a .txt file. then open it and you'll have all the map code (in jass)in bulk in a notepad file. this way you'll cant edit the map at all, but you'll have all the jass code you need to know.

Last edited by Exilus : 08-12-2007 at 01:50 PM.
Exilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:01 AM   #118
Storm_Surge
User

Storm_Surge has little to show at this moment (0)

Default Glitches

I'm pretty crazy at Elimination Tournament, and I film games with FRAPS because something awesome always happens. I've caught numerous glitches on film, but most of those have been fixed.

Here are some fixes:

1. The tooltip for the Sniper says "adapt" instead of "adept." That's minor, obviously.
2. The rocks in Fort allow players to glitch up walls with ease. It's still easy to glitch in the other maps, but that's unimportant because most people aren't ever going to figure it out.
3. A new glitch caught on film. If you get shotgunned mid-jump... well, just watch. This one's serious; I had to remake the entire game.
Storm_Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:32 PM   #119
FlameWarrior
User

FlameWarrior has little to show at this moment (0)

@Storm:

Actually you can glitch in any map where a shop is next to a wall that only rises one level. And over half of ET players know this.

Also, Gadden or Infrane, whichever reads this first:

My bro just saw a 1.5 being hosted, obviously it is fake. Just to let you know.

Last edited by FlameWarrior : 08-22-2007 at 02:32 PM.
FlameWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:18 PM   #120
FlameWarrior
User

FlameWarrior has little to show at this moment (0)

Ok, I've got a technical question.

Suddenly, whenever I play 1.4c, the map just kills itself for me... I disconnect, whether I'm the host or not.

Why the hell? Is there a way to fix this?
FlameWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote