wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-07-2007, 05:02 PM   #76
FlameWarrior
User

FlameWarrior has little to show at this moment (0)

This is an excellent map. I've played a couple games on b.net but it still befuddles me. It's incredibly wonderful and complex. Sure, it's still in need of balance, but there are approved maps that are MUCH more imbalanced than this. (See Battledome ]|[, for instance.)

If you like melee this map will blow your mind, and even if you don't I guarantee it'll entertain you. The techtree is immense and navigating it takes about an hour. The map is huge and very visually pleasing. The action of making and breaking alliances keeps the game exciting. If I had any say in it, I'd have Blizzard replace their ladder games with Abyssium.

Last edited by FlameWarrior : 08-07-2007 at 05:04 PM.
FlameWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #77
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
. . .

Submissions (21)

WILL THE ALMIGHTY is just really nice (284)WILL THE ALMIGHTY is just really nice (284)

This map has been here for almost a year...
[21-10-16] Ash: WILLTHEALMIGHTY, IT IS NOT SAFE OUT THERE, TAKE THIS!
[21-10-16] Ash gives WILL a kitten.

Last edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY : 10-03-2007 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Less asshole-ness
WILL THE ALMIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:54 PM   #78
Dark.Revenant
User

Submissions (1)

Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)

I'll be lucky if my map is reviewed in that time...
Old 10-03-2007, 12:01 AM   #79
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILL THE ALMIGHTY
This map has been here for a year.

Congratulations. A WHOLE YEAR. You guys have outdone yourselves this time.
It's not a year yet, so why don't you go learn to count and give us a break?
Old 10-03-2007, 04:03 PM   #80
SeasonsOfLove
A Nitpicky Map Reviewer

Official Map Reviewer

SeasonsOfLove will become famous soon enough (44)SeasonsOfLove will become famous soon enough (44)

[Quicksilver #2] - 2nd Place

Send a message via AIM to SeasonsOfLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILL THE ALMIGHTY
This map has been here for a year.

Congratulations. A WHOLE YEAR. You guys have outdone yourselves this time.

Why insult us when you can instead play the map and give some feedback? I personally am not going to review this map because of reasons I'd prefer not to go into here, but there's nothing stopping you beyond the fact that you wouldn't be able to be a sarcastic little fuck if you did so.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:09 PM   #81
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
. . .

Submissions (21)

WILL THE ALMIGHTY is just really nice (284)WILL THE ALMIGHTY is just really nice (284)

11 months is still huge.

Sorry if you felt personnally insulted, I was only pointing it out for the heck of it. Besides, I don't particularly care for map approvals anymore.

And I DID play the map, and I gave a little feedback. But even if I did review it, it wouldn't mean anything.

And yes I will edit my post so it sounds less like an asshole comment.
[21-10-16] Ash: WILLTHEALMIGHTY, IT IS NOT SAFE OUT THERE, TAKE THIS!
[21-10-16] Ash gives WILL a kitten.
WILL THE ALMIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:27 PM   #82
rulerofiron99
User

rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)

But it wasn't an asshole comment, it's just that map reviewers have lives and I'm guessing they sometimes wish they didn't choose this job so that they won't have to play maps and approve them.

About the map:
Interesting concept of melee, terrain above average (perfect for games for those with various computer speeds and qualities... you'll need to find a really bad PC to lag on this), feels a lot like all those 'Village Builder', etc maps that often appear on epicwar.com (kinda ironic about the name) but just a higher quality one, my feeling is that buildings were too big - I built up in the forest to the west of the center and struggled finding a place to build my main building, and all my other buildings.

Nevertheless a good map, much better than many of the maps in the database.
rulerofiron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #83
Ghost.X
User

Ghost.X has little to show at this moment (5)

Send a message via MSN to Ghost.X

Maybe we should just get more map reviewers? I'm not saying we should have an army, which will just degrade the performance. I'm saying just enough to get maps tested. Because testing maps is time consuming if you want a thorough analysis of the map. Maybe 1-3 hours depending on the map. And there are a lot of map submissions here.

OR!

Maybe a public voting system. If a map gets this many ratings at this many votes then its a pass.

Just my two cents.

My Catch Phrases: ALIBIBIDAK! FISH'N'CHIPS! IT'SDAHBOOTIE! BOO! HIO CHANG!
Ghost.X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:22 PM   #84
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

This map has been tested. Several times.

And we'll never have a voting system.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:56 PM   #85
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Without being strained to read 6 pages of text, what exactly is holding this one back? Were there specific issues with it, or did it just not get enough approvals, or what? I'd be more than happy to give it a try over the weekend and see if I can't give some good, solid feedback and approval/disapproval for it.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:17 AM   #86
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

It's time action be taken on this map. It's been in queue for well over a year now, and from the looks of it it's ready.

Dusk, I'll play this with you if we can arrange a time. I don't know when I'll be free, but I'll try.
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:21 PM   #87
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Actually, this map is pretty awesome.
The only con I have is that there's this valley in mid-right with 8 gold mines. Someone started there early on and undoubtedly won in the end due to a huge excess of gold. Being at low ground isn't a problem when you have so much excess gold to meander around with.

It's a really good map, though, and I think that it's good enough to be in the database. What do you all think?
Old 04-20-2008, 06:54 PM   #88
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Abyssium is a very good map. It has a good feel, and that is very hard to get, and can really make or break a map. It's almost certainly the best altered melee I have seen. It's taken a while (we are always cautious about letting maps in), but here it is.

Approved
Quote:
Old 04-20-2008, 06:58 PM   #89
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Yeah, let's move this onward. All of my previous comments apply, it definitely is good enough to be in the database.

Approved
Old 04-22-2008, 04:29 PM   #90
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Welcome to the database (even if it did take over a year for us to decide)!
Quote: