wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-31-2007, 12:17 AM   #91
Laosh'Ra
Worldshaper

Submissions (1)

Laosh'Ra will become famous soon enough (41)Laosh'Ra will become famous soon enough (41)

Approved Map: Soulchess

Send a message via ICQ to Laosh'Ra

im gonna investigate that issue, thanks for reporting.

http://www.clancbs.com
Laosh'Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-03-2008, 08:21 AM   #92
TheCrystalBlade
User

TheCrystalBlade has little to show at this moment (2)

I played again recently (forgot to save it), and UGH!

The game did the not moving again. I believe it occures when a players turn is skipped when he is in the menu. It fixed after someone leveled up their player.

Also, it seems the Phoenix's area attack thing (outside of battle attack) may cause a player to leave. Green lagged and dissconnected when I activated it.

Also, when green was going to select a level-up person, his time ended and it was my turn, when I selected a unit, it gave me the level up and ended my turn. I lost that unit to yellow.. Poor soul..

Edit: I think there was something weird that happened the beggining of this replay. Eh.
But Red was pretty sad. He thought we all ganged on him. At the end, we had a discussion (I'm green). Tell me I'm not at fault there. He began crying because instead of ensuring his victory, I ensured yellow's. He got pissed off because of it.

Path=Maps, Newer Games, 1.20aEpic
Attached Files
File Type: w3g This person has a sad life..w3g (293.1 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by TheCrystalBlade : 01-04-2008 at 06:09 AM.
TheCrystalBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:48 PM   #93
Laosh'Ra
Worldshaper

Submissions (1)

Laosh'Ra will become famous soon enough (41)Laosh'Ra will become famous soon enough (41)

some weird issues indeed, im gonna watch that replay some time. thanks for your efforts.

i started working on 1.20b... i'll try to give you exact details about the changes as the PL makes winning more important than before.

balance changes:
-flashbang (zap's lvl1): slightly reduced slow and it only affects attackspeed now, manacost 5->7, dmg 30->35, cooldown 20->60
-emerald phoenix maxhp 150->120, armor 1->2, phoenix claw (lvl3 field attack) dmg per target 50->40
-cold armor beta maxhp 180->150, dmg 20-30->17-27, attack cooldown 2->1.9
-keto maxhp 140->165, dmg 14-32->15-35
-gelidus dmg 30-42->30-40
-zabaoth's tears (seraphie soulpower) formula: 2+(sp-mincost)*0.1 -> 2+(sp-mincost)*0.07
-lilith maxhp 175->155
-poison arrow (arch bone assassin's field attack) venomcounters 4-7 -> 3-5
-cocktail bomber attack cooldown: 2->1.5
-removed mana restore from soul release (soldier board ability)
-terra strike (terra fiend's lvl3) manacost 10->5
fixes:
-acid blood (lilith's lvl2)
-cocktail bomber attacktype artillery->missle (doh >.<)
-minimum chance for random events 1%->0%
-starting soulpoints
-zoom command now properly affects the 3rd person cam when watching a fight within the arena
misc:
-changed PL-point gain at the end of a game: it's now a lot higher and depends on the played time in seconds, starting as soon as all races are picked
-lowered influence of PL for the points given after battles: the factor "yourPL divided by enemyPL" is now square rooted before applied
-fixed a typo and a wrong tooltip, completed command list in F9
-fixed some minor camera issue during unseal (green death soulpower)
-rock chunks in desert area are now invulnerable

i might release this version as it is, depending on the test game.

Last edited by Laosh'Ra : 01-04-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #94
Laosh'Ra
Worldshaper

Submissions (1)

here it is, 1.20e (b to d never went public).

Old 01-05-2008, 11:32 PM   #95
TheCrystalBlade
User

TheCrystalBlade has little to show at this moment (2)

I remember now.

The movemant speed NEVER goes down after a fight.

Sit in a fight for five minutes and then kill the other player, your movemant speed is Very Fast in red.
TheCrystalBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #96
Laosh'Ra
Worldshaper

Submissions (1)

1.20g released.

Balance Changes
-manacost for Zap Flashbang's abilities are now: 11/12/14 (he has 30 maxmana)
-increased missle speed of V17 Steelstorm (Zap's Level 3) from 700 to 850
-increased Cocktail Bomber's base damage by 5
-nerfed various effects of Goblin Orb (Cocktail Bomber's Level 2)
-reduced Soul Drain's cooldown from 20 to 15
-reduced duration of Goblin Transmutation by 1 (Bio Tinker's Level 3) and increased casting range from 300 to 400
-random using "-random" grants players 2 bonus soulpoints at the beginning (doesn't apply for -ar mode) <fixed in 1.20g>
-buffed rotten bone dragon to compensate lvl1 bug
-vip units (kings,beasts,aznereth) now regen 3/7 hp per round (lvl2/lvl3) instead of 2/5 like common units
-increased Guard of Purgatories maxhp by 5
-additional effect of Cursed Flesh (Guard of Purgatories LVL3): reduces own armor by 75%
Fixes
-restored Deathclock Ability (Fusion Wrath's Level 2)
-added Attacker's Advantage Towers to Desert Arena (how could i forget this <_v")
-fixed Soul Drain and Riddlespike (Unholy Ladies Level 1 and 2) not to base on the same ability anymore
-fixed bug with abilities based on elune's grace: "Data - Magic Damage Reduction" is the factor it is SET to, not the factor it is reduced by... (applies to firebrand&rotten bone dragon)
-removed lilith's mana-per-sec-regen
-fixed ending-PL-score-message&pointgain
-fixed Surprise From Above (Tornado LVL3 Field Attack) issue
Misc
-cured some more memory leaks
-Attacker's Advantage Towers are now totally invisible
-added new beast for Blood Orcs
-added new beast for Elementals
-changed initial tinting for Tornados in order to make it easier to recognize their lvl3 tinting

I still couldnt fix the chatmessage cut-off. it's somehow caused by renaming the players. using the -iam command (requires PL3) seems to help for a while, you can always look up the whole chatmessages in the chat log (F12).

As for the new beasts...

Blood Orcs:

Kish'Krí
Model: Misha (Bear), red tinting

Level 1: Concussive Roar
A powerful roar will confuse the target by shaking it's screen. Additionally, the target loses all buffs and is significantly slowed. Lasts 5 seconds.

Suggested Usage:
•Use in short or melee range
•Use to make enemy missclick

Level 2: Gorelust
Kish'Krí's hunger for blood enrages her. Whenever attacked or attacking, this ability is charged and the cost of this ability is lowered. The ability can only be used once per fight, it increases attack speed and taken damage by 10%/5% per charge.
Current stacks: 0/5.
Lasts until the fight has ended.

Suggested Usage:
•Requires no targeting (like War Stomp)
•Use against weaker opponents
•If possible, wait until sum of attacks in the fight is 5
•Use on melee range
•Use between your attacks

Level 3:
Kish'Krí's Claws are amplified by 10 damage. Her powerful attacks attempt to stomp the opponent deeper and deeper into the ground, stunning him for 0.2 seconds per attack.

This one is brute force. Having 200 maxhp it's quite effective against nuking units.

Elementals:

Fading Nightmare
Model: Hydra, almost black tinting, gains transparency due to Level 1

Level 1: Flickering Fate
The Fading Nightmare's destination is to disappear step by step. The blur adds an evasion about equal to the transparency in percent. Passing 75%, the Fading Nightmare will instantly die after adding 10% of it's remaining hp as Venomcounters to the opponent.
Every order given to the Nightmare vanishes it by 1% (max 40%, max 2 times per sec).
Being attacked vanishes it by 3%.
Enemy spellcasting vanishes it by 7%.
Winning a fight vanishes it by 4%.
Current Fading (in steps of 5%): 0%

Level 2: Shadow Ring
Unleashes a ring of darkness to engulf the opponent. Every half second, the enemy takes 1/15 of the Fading Nightmare's Flickering Fate (always rounded down) as damage. Lasts 15 seconds.

Suggested Usage:
•Requires no targeting (like War Stomp)
•Being more vanished deals more damage
•Use at least 15 seconds before the fight ends

Level 3: Cursed Flesh
Contracting with a lesser demon, this unit has the ability to regenerate itself for 5 hitpoints per second and 100% per turn (between battles). Reduces own armor by 75%.

This one makes a great assassinate-through-counter-unit. Moving it around on the board too much is a bad idea though (2% vanish per move).

Last edited by Laosh'Ra : 01-20-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:52 PM   #97
Dark.Revenant
User

Submissions (1)

Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)

I think the point/XP system needs serious changing. Save codes are fine in ORPG maps or cooperative maps like S3 Marines, but not in a strategy turn-based game like this. I wouldn't be bitching about it if it was purely superficial, but the game actually gives gameplay advantages to those who play a lot! I was annoyed when I started playing a recent version and realized that I was branded as a "newbie" even though I had been playing for years. I became flat-out pissed when I realized that everyone else (level 2+) could use board abilities, but I couldn't! I looked in the quests and saw that people who played this game religiously could have starting bonuses that would give them a very distinct advantage over the more sane players.

My suggestion is that you remove the title for level 1 (ex. Dark.Revenant - L1 Newbie -> Dark.Revenant - L1) but keep the others as they are and replace gameplay advantages with more superficial bonuses, along the lines of tinting and name changing. Perhaps the ability to swear without an annoying game message.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:50 PM   #98
Laosh'Ra
Worldshaper

Submissions (1)

as for board abilities, you'll most likely have them after playing a single game.
most of the "advantages" are very low and easily outbalanced by the fact that in 4 player FFA games, they will most likely focus the guy with the higher Playerlevel because
1. he's the biggest threat
2. you get much more xp when fighting his units
as for the real good advantages (beast starts with level 2), you need to play at least a half year to reach that.

but removing the "Newbie" title is a good idea i guess.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:14 AM   #99
Balnnazar
User

Balnnazar is on a distinguished road (11)

Send a message via MSN to Balnnazar

i cant use it.

I only see "Other Warcraft Map"... i re-downloaded it and is the same.

Is because the new patch, right?
Balnnazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #100
Laosh'Ra
Worldshaper

Submissions (1)

as mentioned in the first post, wc3campaigns doesn't let me upload new versions. don't ask me why. thats why ur supposed to use the link ive put there.
i finished the 7th beast today (green death), but it requires quite some private multiplayer testing first...

1.20h is NOT RELEASED YET
note: part1 of the changelog is somehow lost, YES keto is nerfed and the flickering nightmare is buffed...
so heres 2nd part:

Rebalance/Game Rules:
Pyromancer: range increased dramatically; projectile speed a bit lowered;
Mirragecoat (Bloodfog Archer's LVL2): evasion increased from 20% to 25%
Bugfixes/Optimisation:
Optimised Kyroemission (Gelidus' LVL3)
Interface/Effects:
Pyromancer: projectile model changed
Veil of Miasma: icon changed
Added a warning message to the Green Death pre-pick info (the message showing up when getting close to a selection circle)
New Content/Remakes:
7th beast is finished but quite untested yet.

Green Death:

Bubanshee
Model: Wraith (bright banshee)

Level 1: Terror Shield (20 mana, 7 secs cooldown)
2 shields will circle around Bubanshee: one rotates clockwise, one anti-clockwise. Each shield is made of 3 parts (120° spaced apart). The circulation will increase it's speed over 4 seconds until it bursts apart (still rotating) for additional 2 seconds.
Anyone touching a part of the shield will averagely suffer 15 damage per second.

Suggested Usage:
•Use on melee range
•Use between your attacks
•More effective against big/multiple units

Level 2: Crown Of The Mistress
This ritual crown has the ability to benefit from the death of servants. Everytime a Green Death unit dies, Bubanshee restores 4 Hitpoints and 2 manapoints per level the dying unit had.
Additionally, the crown adds 1.5 armor.

Level 3: Field Attack: Deceitful Seduction
Seduces the target in order to totally control it during one battle. This battle will be the next one except it involves one of your own units or another seduced unit (if two seduced units fight each other, you only gain control of the attacker).
Soulpoints and PL points will be given to the original owner. If you manage it to win the battle, Alucard increases his maxhp by 10 and grant you 3 Soulpoints. If you lose, Bubanshee will lose half of her current mana. Upon a draw, you gain Soulpoints and PL points as if it was your own unit.
Costs 15 mana and cannot be casted on Kings, Beasts or Aznereth.

Suggested Usage:
•Use on a powerful unit
•Use on a unit which won't attack you

i know the name 'Bubanshee' is a bit weird... but like Alucard, it's a hellsing character (apparantly not appearing in the OVAs though).
she has quite some hitpoints for a caster-themed unit (170maxhp, 50 maxmana) but -3 base armor (meaning the opponents' attacks are amplified by 17%, 6% if she reaches level2). her attack is melee (!) and rather weak but fast.
the terrorshield was originally designed for bloodmirror semi-rp. many values have been changed to adapt it to soulchess.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:00 PM   #101
Knight7770
User

Knight7770 has little to show at this moment (0)

Default Can't load code!

When I try to load my exactly copied code that I got from typing -save, it gives me an error that the shape of the code is wrong. I am completely sure that I typed the code perfectly; this has happened even with codes that I have just loaded. I can't seem to figure out why this is.
Knight7770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:38 PM   #102
Laosh'Ra
Worldshaper

Submissions (1)

please, post that code here. without seeing the code it's really hard for me to help you out.
you said you entered it perfectly correct so i can only take wild guesses. however one thing is certain... this error message appears only in two situations:
1. there is no - at the 11th and 18th position of your typed message. make sure it looks like this: "-load XXXX-XXXXXX-?" whereas ? is an unknown length of digits.
2. the first four digits are ascii symbols. their ascii-values range from 33 to 126, the error message appears if they are not within that range.
for a list of possible ascii symbols, visit http://www.ascii-code.com/
i hope this knowledge might somehow help you. if not, please post the code here.

anyway, i resumed working on the map today.

Last edited by Laosh'Ra : 05-31-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:18 PM   #103
Laosh'Ra
Worldshaper

Submissions (1)

approaching a new release...
wont post the changelog yet, but i can already spoiler that every unit will have 6 info-items. those items don't do anything except having the same tooltip as the abilities/field attacks of the unit. it also displays manacost and cooldown (modified gold & lumber). the first release will only contain info items for all units with field attacks (sorry but its a lot of work).
this will not only help newbies to get immersed into the game, even experienced players like myself are usually unable to remember all of the exact values & manacosts throughout the various rebalances...

Old 09-19-2008, 04:36 PM   #104
Laosh'Ra
Worldshaper

Submissions (1)

added a new arena...

Old 10-28-2008, 11:04 PM   #105
Quack_Kills.
User

Quack_Kills. has little to show at this moment (0)

˙ǝɯɐƃ pɐq ɐ ʇou
Quack_Kills. is offline   Reply With Quote