wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-27-2006, 12:16 PM   #46
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

Welcome on board, CaptainPicard. Moved to the Map Database.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-27-2006, 01:53 PM   #47
Aray
Concepter & Writer

Aray will become famous soon enough (44)Aray will become famous soon enough (44)

I really want to download this, but all I get when I try that download-link is a page full of this: M3W��tG�̝�qSd�h�v�r��f@R�h�g���F����E��z�{�+���R"����*�avZ���}D0�V]��}�9*q��6�ں<�biD"5
��|Pm,Fb��Rx5#P#M%���fţd�:Si�t$"d9'`L��66�Ƌ�8Y�LKkN���{�... :'(
Aray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 02:47 PM   #48
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Me too, please upload this map to this server
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 03:21 PM   #49
CaptainPicard
User

Submissions (4)

CaptainPicard will become famous soon enough (55)CaptainPicard will become famous soon enough (55)

Approved Map: The Story of the Norj'Hal Elves

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu_da_noob
I haven't had time to finish this, but I have noticed a bug where neutral creeps revived by Staff of Reanimation seem to be issued their patrol orders and move away from your group at random times. Should be fixed :)

But I think I've seen enough. Approved.

First of all, thanks! Second of all, wow! I didn't use the Staff of Reanimation much, so I naturally assumed that it was fine. That's amazing that the Staff of Reanimation doesn't create a new unit. I'll fix it, though.

To Aray and moyack: I've posted a new link on the front of this thread. The Dwarf Wiki is a wonderful too.

Last edited by CaptainPicard : 05-27-2006 at 03:46 PM.
CaptainPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 04:17 PM   #50
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

It will be on the server in a few hours, I'm a little busy at the moment.

Old 05-27-2006, 05:32 PM   #51
mikeb912
User

mikeb912 has little to show at this moment (0)

Default Great Map

This is a really great map. I still haven't finished it but from what i've seen so far it's very good.
mikeb912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 06:21 PM   #52
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

I have updated CaptainPicard's first post in this thread with the new offical download location.

Old 05-30-2006, 01:39 AM   #53
Moogleface
User

Moogleface has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via MSN to Moogleface

Do we save this as a campaign?
Old 05-30-2006, 07:31 AM   #54
CaptainPicard
User

Submissions (4)

CaptainPicard will become famous soon enough (55)CaptainPicard will become famous soon enough (55)

Moogleface--yes, it gets saved as a campaign in your Campaigns folder. Then access it via Single Player -> Custom Campaign.

mikeb912--glad you are enjoying it. Pray tell, how far along are you? Have you finished Drakehorn Summit? Whar'Ten? Ehl'Brun Caldera? Do you make use of hireable units, or just tome up your heroes? Have you tried the item creation system yet?
Old 05-30-2006, 11:23 AM   #55
Zairus
User

Zairus has little to show at this moment (0)

Thumbs up

Hey Picard,

I just finished your campaign, and I must say I really enjoyed it. I must have spent a good 10 hours or so trying to do everything there was to do. I was very impressed.

I did all the sidequests, and got all the nifty items. The one thing I didnt try was the item combining. As far as a stratagy, I ended up using 3 wolf riders for pretty much the whole game, and relied heavily on the heal and mana items (the staff and gem, not the potion). I had each of the heros with a set of each, and could pretty much chain 200 hp heal if I started getting into trouble. Other than that, used quest items, and tomes and didnt have too many problems.

Other random comments..

-- The level of the heroes capped out at 10 for me, even though their skills progressed beyond 10. Was this intentional or simply a bug?

-- City of the Dead summoning ritual seemed extremely hard for me. I had both the Princess and the Firemage at 10, with wolf riders, and I was oblitterated. The spirits that aided me, could last only seconds and were almost no help. I ended up having to cheat, because there was no way I could survive the 20 or 30 units that would be attacking my group. Do I just suck? hehe

-- Only thing that got on my nerves was the amount of traveling. I would fight all the way up to the summit, realize I need a vial for the spring water to cure the well; run all the way down to the next map, portal to town, buy the vial, run back up to the next map, fill the vial, fight to the summit, and use it. This happened with a couple other quests as well.. Perhaps could the good dragons give you a special flask?

Thats all I can think of for now, if ya have any specific questions I would love to help out. I really enjoyed this act, and am looking forward to the next!!
Zairus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:24 PM   #56
CaptainPicard
User

Submissions (4)

Zairus--right with ya here.

I was play-testing and I found some similar issues. One thing I'm going to do sometime this week is add a feature to the summoned Ward of Revival that allows it to recall units in a small area (there'll be a long cooldown, but it'll be enough to get your heroes back to the start of the map or back to your base.

Also, if you did all the side-quests, note that one of the rescued priestesses gives you FREE one-shot scrolls of town portal which you can use on the main map (where you have to do the most travelling anyway).

I can have the dragons give you a vial, perhaps.

I'm going to put some lumber in the forest behind Whar'Ten so that you don't have to run all the way back to Majh'Nam for more. As for the difficulty of the Brazier defense, I recommend using your heroes' ultimate spells. Whenever I play it, the denizens of Whar'Ten put up a decent fight to slow down the attacking units, particularly if you aid them. Wait a bit in between brazier summonings so that they revive to their full potential. To pass the time, cast Fraozen Mist and Fire Trap at key locations. First, at the city entrance; next, at the acropolis entrance; finally, in and around the Brazier just afte you've activated it. Mana regeneration from the amulet comes in handy.

Perhaps the reason I've been having such as easy time all along is that I used item combining. There are hints--but it still takes a little trial and error. If you read back in this thread, I think I listed the ways to get an item that gives +8/+4/+4 Str./Agi./Int., a +15% attack rate bonus, and the active ability to heal 400hp of a target unit. There's a similar item, +4/+4/+8, +15% attack rate, +240 mana with a comparable cooldown to the original amulet. You'll be told straight up that you can combine any of the Royal Jewels sold at the West Quartermaster with Gloves of Haste, at which point they're about as powerful as a Crown of Kings. Then the trick is to find the right item to add on top of that, in order to raise the stat bonus by 33% and gain the active ability. The final combination specializes in an agility bonus and the non-perishable ability to create illusions.

Three Wolf Riders is a good way to go, I find. It's probably the only combination that you want to take against any of the bosses (the Dreadlords, in this case). The Normal attack damage works well against the Dreadlords, and the Wolf Riders can can boost your band's attack damage significantly. Finally, with their high hp, they're not as vulnerable to area-of-effect spells as a band of archers and hunters. The drawback, of course, is their ground attack restriction, but with two ranged heroes they usually do OK.

Which item did you get from the priestess after rescuing her? I usually go for the Ruby of Ezune, but the Shield of Atahme and the sword Icaber are eqaully good, so far as I can tell--it's just a matter of play style. Did you find all the starlets? A Wolf Riders' Eye of the Owl spell is quite helpful for that. Another way is to open the thing in the editor...
Old 05-30-2006, 08:25 PM   #57
Zairus
User

Zairus has little to show at this moment (0)

Yeah, I made a lot of use out of the town scrolls; it was more the getting to the main map, using the scroll, then fighting back to where I was that bugged me. However, that change with the ward sounds excellent.

I went with the Shield of Atahme, and yes I did find all of the shards (you did a nice job hiding them ). It worked pretty well for me considering I used the 3 wolf riders but the other two sounded like great options as well.

Only other thing was the levels... is 10 the cap?

Thanks!
Zairus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:12 PM   #58
CaptainPicard
User

Submissions (4)

Yes, 10 is the cap for Act I. I checked pretty thoroughly to make sure that all of the heroes did get capped at level 10. But, you get 11 hero points (Nav'Handras, Aria, and Lan'Inthas have an extra to begin with, and Val'Maris gets one as you've noticed).

With the Wolf Riders and the shield, boy, so many ways to pump up your band... let's see, +12% from the shield, +20% from the Roar, and +8% from the bow... how very nice!

I'm trying to keep the gameplay taut, but yes, I've definitely noticed some places where it sags. Thanks for your feedback!
Old 06-02-2006, 07:00 AM   #60
PlasticAngel
AWWWWW YEEEEEEEE

Respected User

Submissions (3)

PlasticAngel has a spectacular aura about (144)

Thos of you who get it downloaded as a txt file, it's because of firefox. Just change the .txt to the correct file name of campagins, which I don't know off hand, it fixes it up properly.