wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-28-2006, 01:02 PM   #61
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)

Approved Map: Jurassic ExplorationSmiley contest 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.Skinning Competetion #4 - FallenSkinning Competetion #4 - Atoned

I've been wanting to add XP point rewards to the egg collecting from the beginning, but I just cant seem to find out how to get the triggers right, I also had the idea of making animals discovered not only by clicking, but also by attacking and such, but I forgot to implement that later on.
And I'll lower the fying height a bit, but not too much, the flying reptiles are supposed to be the hardest to find.
What I also want to add in the next version is the moving of the Diplodocus herd.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite
My Wc3c Resources

I'm not doing requests, don't pm me about it

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
Olof always speaks true.
olofmoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-28-2006, 03:09 PM   #62
Stanakin Skywalker
User

Stanakin Skywalker has little to show at this moment (0)

I just made a trigger for the egg-experience for you that would work, and I wanted to copy the image, and put it up here, but at the moment I wanted to push the print scrn button the world editor crashed ...

Anyway, I have one more suggestion: Make it so that the dinosaurs don't show up on the mini-map. You should find the dinosaurs yourself, the minimap shouldn't do it it for you right?

(The trigger worked this way:
- Events
John Morris aquires an item
- Conditions
Item carried by hero in slot 1 equal to Pterodactylus egg or Item carried by hero in slot 2 equal to Pterodactylus egg or Item carried by hero in slot 3 equal to Pterodactylus egg or Item carried by hero in slot 4 equal to Pterodactylus egg or Item carried by hero in slot 5 equal to Pterodactylus egg or Item carried by hero in slot 6 equal to Pterodactylus egg
- Actions
Add 500 experience to John Morris)

Last edited by Stanakin Skywalker : 08-28-2006 at 03:14 PM.
Stanakin Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:30 PM   #63
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)

Approved Map: Jurassic ExplorationSmiley contest 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.Skinning Competetion #4 - FallenSkinning Competetion #4 - Atoned

Thanks for the ideas and help with the trigger. :)

EDIT:
Yep, the trigger worked, I can now get XP for finding eggs, though now I still have the problem that I can't get the creatures disapear from the minimap.

My Wc3c Resources

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Olof always speaks true.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:12 AM   #65
Stanakin Skywalker
User

Stanakin Skywalker has little to show at this moment (0)

That is something you have to do in the object editor:
Find the 'Stats- Hide Minimap Display' part. It is probably set to 'false' now. Just set it to 'true'.

(I'm not 100% sure if it works, because my editor acts weird, but i think I've done it before...)

Last edited by Stanakin Skywalker : 08-29-2006 at 08:13 AM.
Stanakin Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:15 PM   #66
minc
User

minc has little to show at this moment (0)

Default Great map

Loved the whole thing.

Especially loved the forest with ornitholestes(well, I had to kill a few of them to be safe...).

Just one thing that disturbs me is..
-correct me if I'm wrong- I thought snakes first appeared in the cretaceous period. So there can't be snakes around by then...

Last edited by minc : 09-18-2006 at 12:19 PM.
minc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:12 AM   #67
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

You may be right about those snakes, but in the map they basicly only served as eye-candy.

but something else that's more out of place is the Sea Scorpion, it didn't even live among the dinosaurs, it was long extinct by then. I've been wanting to replace that with another creature for some time now, but I couldn't find a good replacement, but the next version will have the replacement, the Pleurosaurus.

My Wc3c Resources

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Olof always speaks true.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:57 PM   #68
demonster8
User

demonster8 has little to show at this moment (0)

hi if you see this tell me how to download it please
demonster8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:11 PM   #69
HernanG
Alastor_36@pwnz

Submissions (15)

HernanG is just really nice (254)HernanG is just really nice (254)HernanG is just really nice (254)HernanG is just really nice (254)HernanG is just really nice (254)

Send a message via MSN to HernanG

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonster8
hi if you see this tell me how to download it please

Download here

http://z4.invisionfree.com/war3wow/index.php?

========================================

*The lions sleeps tonight plays...*
*HernanG is swimming or climbing a snowy mountain...*
*How much u envy HernanG for...*

...BEING ON VACATIONS?
HernanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:33 AM   #70
Toink
User

Submissions (3)

Toink is on a distinguished road (17)

Send a message via Yahoo to Toink

I know this is pretty late but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerub29
Or you could make that once you have seen all the dinosaurs, you discover that thay are stoling the DNa of the dinosaurs for create a unstoppable raptor assasinans (or something like that), and then you have to fight your way to certain point in the map where is your base, get reinforments (off 3d person camera, hello more free camera but still in the ground, or normal camera) and finish those guys...

Does anyone even care about using past,present and future tenses correctly when typing? That's some crappy english you have there... "You discover that they are stoling the DNA of the dinosaurs for a create a unstoppable raptor assasinans"
WTF? What the hell is an assasinan? What the hell is stoling? "Hey, I'm gonna stole your bag." is that what you mean by stoling? Did you go to school? "for a create a unstoppable.." Put an 'n' after it, retarded monkey..

Anyways back to the topic, I agree with everyone else, you should make the camera adjustable..

Quote:
but something else that's more out of place is the Sea Scorpion, it didn't even live among the dinosaurs, it was long extinct by then.

You should add the super croc, that could eat a brachiosaur in 5 mins.

And, you should make some dino events, like a T-rex hunting for food and the raptors run away. Or those small egg-stealers steal an egg from a T-rex. Or when you walk near the sea a megalodon starts lunging at you. It lacks special events and that in-adjustable camera.
Toink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:49 PM   #71
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toink
You should add the super croc, that could eat a brachiosaur in 5 mins.

And, you should make some dino events, like a T-rex hunting for food and the raptors run away. Or those small egg-stealers steal an egg from a T-rex. Or when you walk near the sea a megalodon starts lunging at you. It lacks special events and that in-adjustable camera.
I appreciate people who give usefull comments and crits, but please read before you post, I have said it way too many times already, this is supposed to be historically correct, there are no Super-crocs(Sarchosuchus), T-rex, raptors and Megalodon in the Jurassic Period.
But anyway, special events are harder to make, and I'm bad at triggers, though I am gonna release a new verison some day, so I'll keep it in mind

My Wc3c Resources

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Olof always speaks true.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:07 AM   #72
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd PlaceSkinning Competetion #3 - Elementals

Now that you have the Diplo finished, I was just curious if your new version was coming out soon? : )
Old 01-27-2007, 11:37 AM   #73
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

Well, I think I'm also going to add a new Ornitholestes, and there shouldn't just be new models in the new version, I should improve the rest of the map aswell.
Btw, I think the next version of the map will be the final one.

My Wc3c Resources

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Olof always speaks true.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:39 AM   #74
Aphotic
User

Aphotic has little to show at this moment (2)

Send a message via Yahoo to Aphotic

thank you, very nice map but you may improve it more i like it to much!!!
Fame:Aphotic, Race:U-N-D-E-A-D, Locus:Planet Earth, Tint:Gray, PIN:7, Figure:Near Ugly, Skill:Brain Saping, Ascribe:Death Knight, Hated Enemy:Elves, Favorit Ally:None, Favorit Weapon:Scythe, Pleased:None, Diety:Monotheism (Submission to God (ALONE)).
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:59 AM   #75
AfroCubeMan!
User

AfroCubeMan! has little to show at this moment (0)

Idea

cool map but the camera should be adjustable and it would be awsome if there were cavemen and enterable caves (sorry if cavemen aren't in the jurassic times I dont study dino's alot) and you can build a little camp that u can store items in and hunt dino's,animals for food (if u can make a mod that makes your gold turn into hunger points so if you're hunger points drop to 0 you die) (sorry again but you dont have to do this if you dont want too