wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-25-2006, 01:10 AM   #46
Mr Anderson
User

Mr Anderson has little to show at this moment (0)

Great models... haven't seen nothing like this!
Mr Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-16-2006, 02:08 AM   #47
The_Brewmaster8
User

The_Brewmaster8 has little to show at this moment (4)

i agree with Mr. Anderson. this is amazing. a very original map. and you are simply amzing at modeling and skinning. they look fantastic :D
The_Brewmaster8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:51 AM   #48
Feanor
User

Feanor has little to show at this moment (4)

Any idea when the next version is coming out? Awesome map. Though kinda annoying with the camera.
Feanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:04 AM   #49
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)

Approved Map: Jurassic ExplorationSmiley contest 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.Skinning Competetion #4 - FallenSkinning Competetion #4 - Atoned

Originally I planned to release the next version much sooner, but I wanted to make more changes, and now RDZ is helping me with some cool triggers, but he's been busy lately.

Edit: Holy Sh*t! this map has been downloaded 1214 times!

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite
My Wc3c Resources

I'm not doing requests, don't pm me about it

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
Olof always speaks true.
olofmoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:19 AM   #50
PipeDream

Code Moderator

Submissions (6)

PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)

Your stegosaurus egg is missing a disbtn. Neat map though.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:48 PM   #51
TFC
User

TFC has little to show at this moment (0)

Default :(

damn i dont know how to download this map i hella wanna play to.... well yeah plz help?
TFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:50 PM   #52
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Tried clicking on the link of the first post?
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:29 PM   #53
operator
User

Submissions (7)

operator will become famous soon enough (37)operator will become famous soon enough (37)

Send a message via MSN to operator

Great map. Maybe make it in a larger scale. Multiplayer
operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:37 PM   #54
illidan92
Banned

illidan92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-10)

You need 2 things:
Add Turn off <This Trigger> to whatever causes you to win. It says "all dinosaurs have been found" like 5 times, because you use "every _ seconds of game time" for the event. Just add Turn Off This Trigger to the top of actions and that will be fixed.

Add a cinematic when you win plz!

Last edited by illidan92 : 07-29-2006 at 10:38 PM.
illidan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:40 AM   #55
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)

Approved Map: Jurassic ExplorationSmiley contest 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.Skinning Competetion #4 - FallenSkinning Competetion #4 - Atoned

good idea, I'll implement that

My Wc3c Resources

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Olof always speaks true.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:58 PM   #56
operator
User

Submissions (7)

operator will become famous soon enough (37)operator will become famous soon enough (37)

Send a message via MSN to operator

I think people like this map because the goal is easy. You don't really have to think too much
operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:41 PM   #57
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

Version 1.4 now released!
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=79586

My Wc3c Resources

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Olof always speaks true.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:11 PM   #58
altceva
User

altceva has little to show at this moment (0)

Well,i played this map and here's my opinion.
-Great models! 10/10
-Beautiful environment! 9/10.
-Lack of gameplay (walk around,victory...mmmh!) 4/10
-Chaotic camera movement & horible keyboard control (god,it was so annoying that it was disturbing the whole exploration pleasure; you say that this is the fixed version about camera,jeez,i don't even want to know how it was before!) 1/10

I haven't found 2 species : ptero-bla-bla (sorry,i never remember dinosaurs names) and some other ptero-bla-bla. I found some egg of the first ptero, but nothing else. The note on the egg was that it wouldn't hatch without a parent,so...when i reached the Cerato-bla-bla (sorry!) nest i tied up the Cerato-mother on the ground with ensnare and switch eggs. Then i stood in some bushes waiting for the ptero-egg to hatch near the warmth of his new mother,but nothing happened for several minutes (untill my patience was over and i killed the denaturated mother).
I think I was thinking too much....

Anyway...this is a good map (except camera and controls) considering that you wanted just to reveal a small fragment of the jurassic life.

I am also having an idea of a better way to expose your little world. Try making a cinematic with a camera behind a dragon-fly which offers you a view on close detail near the dinosaures. There's no need for time travel,armoured soldier with useless automatic gun in the middle of the wilderness...just that universe, unalterred, wild and free.
altceva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:33 AM   #59
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

Quote:
Originally Posted by altceva
I haven't found 2 species : ptero-bla-bla (sorry,i never remember dinosaurs names) and some other ptero-bla-bla. I found some egg of the first ptero, but nothing else. The note on the egg was that it wouldn't hatch without a parent,so...when i reached the Cerato-bla-bla (sorry!) nest i tied up the Cerato-mother on the ground with ensnare and switch eggs. Then i stood in some bushes waiting for the ptero-egg to hatch near the warmth of his new mother,but nothing happened for several minutes (untill my patience was over and i killed the denaturated mother).
I think I was thinking too much....
That discription for the eggs was just as simple discription, it doesn't really mean anything, and the eggs don't hatch at all, though, that of course gives me an idea I could implement in a next version

My Wc3c Resources

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Olof always speaks true.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:24 AM   #60
Stanakin Skywalker
User

Stanakin Skywalker has little to show at this moment (0)

It's great! I love the dinosaurs, the kind of map and the terrain, the forest is my favourite place in the map.
I suggest a few things though:

1.(if you don't already have it): unit groups.
This would make the map more re-playable. For example, on the place where now the diplodocus herd is standing around their baby. You could make it so there is 33% chance on the diplodocus herd, 33% chance on a stegosaurus herd and 33% chance on a dryosaurus herd.

2. Give the dinosaur eggs a function, for example let them hatch when you bring them to their parents, or give at least a lot of expierence to the character; dinosaur eggs are hard to obtain.

3. The camera is fine when exploring, but it's just very, very bad while in combat, during combat you have no good control on the movements of the character, and one time I found an ornitholestes, but I killed it before i could click it.

4. Decrease the flying-hight of the pterosaurs a bit, most of the time, they're fying above the camera view, making it almost impossible to click them.

Overall, a great map, really.

Last edited by Stanakin Skywalker : 08-28-2006 at 11:27 AM.
Stanakin Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote