|11-25-2006, 07:37 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2006
MDL/MDX editing in model editor
This is a tutorial how to editing models in Mago's Warcraft 3 Model Editor.
1. 'course you will need Mago's model editor
1. Open a model from wc3.
2. How to change skin.
3. How to change shape.
1. Open a model from wc3
1. First of all, start the war3 model editor.
Then open the MPQ Browser, Windows>MPQ Browser:
2. Then open the war3.mpq
3. Then choose Units>Human>HeroMountainKing>HeroMountainKing.mdx
4. Then it will look like this:
2. How to change skin
1. Now you're going to change skin on the model. So we need an another skin. I take camel's_hump's mountain king skin.
2. Now we will put it in the model. So we open the Texture Manager:
3. Now it will look like this:
4. Remove The two mountain king textures, evan the stone(avatar) texture,
so the model will look like this:
5. Now we will import the skin we downloaded:
6. The skin:
7. Now we will open the material manager:
8. When we have opened it, it will look like this:
9. Then you have to look in every material and there it's (None), you change to ''heromountainking.blp'':
10. Then the model will look like this:
3. How to change shape
1. Now we shall edit the shape. Go in to Windows>Model editor:
2. It will look like this:
3. (1. Select the same dots as the picture shows)
(2. Click Transformations>Scaling, set the values to z=0 y=0 x=0)
And look at the before and after pictures:
If it is some thoughts about this, just pm me!
Hope this was useful! Good luck!
Last edited by slipknot_92 : 11-26-2006 at 08:01 AM.
|Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!|
|12-15-2006, 04:24 PM||#6|
Tools & Tutorials Moderator
You could place a link to the texture, otherwise quite good.__________________
Also mountainking is a poor model choice for such a tutorial since it doesn't show up so well in the model viewers.
|09-24-2007, 08:30 AM||#9|
I want my rep back! asap
Join Date: Jan 2006
and hoe is one able to delete faces?__________________
i mean, what shall i do if i want to isolate the helmet of one unit to put it on another one?
Most of the times the needed parts are just a part of a geoset, but i dont want to import anything more than the helmet as it is...
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|