wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C Polls
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: What does the site need to improve?
More tutorials 87 39.01%
More hosted projects 86 38.57%
Site Exclusive Resources 48 21.52%
Changes to the Staff 37 16.59%
Better user ranking system 33 14.80%
More site skins 35 15.70%
Other 43 19.28%
It is perfect ! 16 7.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 08:17 PM   #31
yuripro84
User

yuripro84 has little to show at this moment (4)

Send a message via AIM to yuripro84 Send a message via MSN to yuripro84 Send a message via Yahoo to yuripro84

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesforzuljin
Other - make it more noob friendly. we shouldnt be screaming threats at every noob who doesnt post in the right section. if people were friendlier, we wouldnt scare off as many potential contributors.

thats what i have to say...

EDIT: i feel sorry for anyone who votes for the 'This site is perfect' choice, on accident or on purpose...

about the flaming, making it more noob friendly, y? it makes it so much funnier! lol, as for those who said this site id perfect, you must have only been here for 1 day XD Also, i agree on the sig idea, i think there is a text limit, but we need a file size too. And like said, i also agree that they need to be checked over, lol, and if found anything......innapropriate, you give them a warning.

The Battle Of Azeroth
An AOS styled map with up to 10 players (5v5).
The Undead have created a camp outside of Stormwind, hoping to cripple the Alliance's efforts of controlling chaos throughout the world. If this goes through, the Alliance will be crippled, and the battle may finally go to an end. The undead have called upon thier most heroic soldiers to aid in this battle. In an attempt to defend thier town, the alliance do the same.
Terrain Completed
Triggers
////////// (70%)
Units/Heros
////////// (10%)
Unit Upgrades
////////// (10%)
Hero Abilities
////////// (0%)
Items
////////// (0%)

Ghoul Wars v1.02 (On Hold)

Ghoul Wars
Almost like a hybrid of Starcraft's Zone Control and Footmen Wars. Pick a hero, and Ghouls will automatically spawn, which you can upgrade.
Terrain Completed
Triggers
////////// (80%)
Units/Heros
////////// (80%)
Unit Upgrades
////////// (70%)

Say No To Drugs.
Say No To AOL
Your Computer On AOL=
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-13-2005, 08:55 PM   #32
Metal_Sonic64
User

Submissions (4)

Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)

Send a message via MSN to Metal_Sonic64

550 character limit on sigs. Some more moderation would be good, and a better ranking system, hey, you know what would be cool, something based on your posts per day: say you have like 7 posts/day you would be a "Mad Spammer" or something. Then again it would be heavily biased on how new you are. But, I still like rep, it's unique and, er... original?
Terrain- llllllllll
Triggers-
llllllllll
Old 06-13-2005, 11:31 PM   #33
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

I want to know if any of these suggestions wil actually be taken seriously or if it's just something to get rid of that WoW poll.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:17 AM   #34
flamesforzuljin
back from the dead

flamesforzuljin will become famous soon enough (31)flamesforzuljin will become famous soon enough (31)

Send a message via ICQ to flamesforzuljin Send a message via AIM to flamesforzuljin Send a message via MSN to flamesforzuljin

both probably.

Old 06-14-2005, 01:35 AM   #35
Kelna2
User

Submissions (1)

Kelna2 has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorde
I want to know if any of these suggestions wil actually be taken seriously or if it's just something to get rid of that WoW poll.

Im hoping to help fix the tutorials thing. :pokes flames and points to sumbit tutorials section:
Old 06-14-2005, 01:46 AM   #36
flamesforzuljin
back from the dead

flamesforzuljin will become famous soon enough (31)flamesforzuljin will become famous soon enough (31)

Send a message via ICQ to flamesforzuljin Send a message via AIM to flamesforzuljin Send a message via MSN to flamesforzuljin

*leaves for 'submit tutorial section' at finger-poke*

Old 06-14-2005, 03:32 PM   #37
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

I guess I will have to make more tutorials.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Old 06-14-2005, 07:22 PM   #38
flamesforzuljin
back from the dead

that means more sorting for me :P

Old 06-14-2005, 07:44 PM   #39
Kelna2
User

Submissions (1)

Kelna2 has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesforzuljin
that means more sorting for me :P

Muhaahah.... work sucks, but hey think of all the people you'll be teaching. Well, your not really teaching them but in a way you are because you sort the good and hte bad tutorials.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:34 PM   #40
WindPower

Yay I'm the #100 to vote :)
I voted for mroe tutorials & hosted projects, because that's what I prefer here

Old 06-15-2005, 02:26 AM   #41
Doomsberg
User

Doomsberg has little to show at this moment (0)

Heres what would make the site better....destroying WOW. That game is too good and addictive and its stopped people like me being active on projects we were working on. Kill WOW and we will flock back and get some work done.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:03 AM   #42
divine_peon
User

Respected User

divine_peon is on a distinguished road (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vexorian
I forgot to say my vote:
Other: Less world of warcraft polls
and less dota questions. hehehe...

oh btw, fix the forum home. i still get the

Quote:
There seems to have been a slight problem with the Warcraft III Campaigns Forums database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

thing..
Old 06-15-2005, 05:22 PM   #43
vykyng
User

vykyng has little to show at this moment (0)

the old download system!!! but maybe add a twist to it this time, make a point system. where each download depending on uality is worth so many points. you get so many points when posting, recieving good rep, and voting in polls, so this would kind of be like the stockmarket except for downloads, and if you have a download you made, for each person that dl's it the person who made it gets a certain amount of points. There's a few sides to this though... Although this would make people actually cintribute to the site tp get things, but it would also somewhat increase the amount of spam, so you would need to make more moderators. That would be kind of interesting to see on this site
Old 06-16-2005, 12:26 AM   #44
VGsatomi
User

Submissions (1)

VGsatomi is on a distinguished road (20)

Approved Map: Return of Alisia Dragoon

More or more mature mods might help. Just from looking around, I see a lot more rampent flaming and immature posting going on here then at 'search. Maybe be more on-the-spot with banning toublemakers/trollers/spammers. For that, I voted "other."

At 'search, if a project goes dead for an unreasonable ammount of time, we remove it. You might want to consider that for here....it might give a little incentive for people who have not finished their projects to get working again.
-VGsatomi
Old 06-16-2005, 12:37 AM   #45
Joey.
User

Joey. has little to show at this moment (4)

Send a message via AIM to Joey. Send a message via MSN to Joey.

I agree, there should be more punishment, I can look at one post of RF or Wormy and see a dozen profanity remarks.