wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Starcraft 2 Modding
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-23-2010, 04:48 AM   #1
dataangel
User

Respected User

Submissions (1)

dataangel will become famous soon enough (42)dataangel will become famous soon enough (42)

Approved Map: Battledome ]|[

Default Starcraft2 editor wiki?

I know this isn't strictly WC3C related, but I assume people here are probably also interested in SC2 and its map editor, which just became available for people in the beta today. The editor is a BEAST, there are a huge number of available fields and triggers that absolutely dwarfs war3.

I'm a programmer but I don't do web development at all. I have no idea what the easiest way to go about setting up a wiki would be. Anyone want to help with this effort? Or am I late to the party and there already is one?
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-23-2010, 06:42 AM   #2
DioD
obey

Submissions (4)

DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)

Send a message via ICQ to DioD

wiki engine is free to use and have nice documentation, just take some time to read manual.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

Approved Map: Dodge The Wisp Wheels

Send a message via MSN to ragingspeedhorn

There's opened a www.sc2c.org. If you want to, the wiki could be set up there dataangel (that'd actually be awesome), as long as you're the one responsible for managing/running it of course. It'd be a good way to gather and store knowledge.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:04 AM   #4
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)

Send a message via MSN to Fledermaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataangel
The editor is a BEAST, there are a huge number of available fields and triggers that absolutely dwarfs war3.
You're kidding right?
Old 04-24-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (299)Toadcop is just really nice (299)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

Quote:
You're kidding right?
+1
Old 04-25-2010, 01:04 PM   #6
Mc !
Master Creator !

Acting art director
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (101)

Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1118)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd PlaceModeling session 2 - Chimeras

Send a message via MSN to Mc !

Actually he's right, it may not be as user friendly as Wc3, but there are a lot more of interesting options on SC2's editor.

Awesomeness = #Rep / #Posts

Last edited by Mc ! : 04-25-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

dataangel? heck like four months ago I was looking for you all over the web and couldn't find you at all. Return bug got "fixed" and thus battledome no longer works. I was going to try converting it but I needed source and permission. I don't think I have time for that anymore...

Wiki? I don't know. I would prefer something better integrated with the forum like you know... threads in the new SC2 forum (which is really meant to be the beginning of a larger site) I am not sure if I can get a wiki integrated with vbulletin but maybe it should be possible. Main issue is that I'll really be busy this month with... contests.

Let's see what happens.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Old 04-27-2010, 01:07 AM   #8
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Since I saw this topic I liked the idea to have a concise, well developed place to find information about WC3, but the best thing (but not ideal) one were forums like this.

Now that I'm interested in this game and it's starting to show some of the new features, I've opened a wiki with a forum to build this community tutorial:

http://sc2modding.info > forum
http://sc2modding.info/wiki > wiki

You have to register in the forum in order to get edition access to the wiki.

I hope you like it and give a good use to it.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:16 AM   #9
ploks
User

ploks has little to show at this moment (6)

Hope fully we won't get too many new forums. There are quite a hefty amount around on the World wide web! Anyway, checking the site now.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:26 AM   #10
RED BARON
User

RED BARON has little to show at this moment (1)

Hehe, thats a nice idea :) I personally really look forward to learning how to use the new editor as easy as I did the old..
Old 04-30-2010, 01:52 AM   #11
dataangel
User

Respected User

Submissions (1)

dataangel will become famous soon enough (42)dataangel will become famous soon enough (42)

Approved Map: Battledome ]|[

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
dataangel? heck like four months ago I was looking for you all over the web and couldn't find you at all. Return bug got "fixed" and thus battledome no longer works. I was going to try converting it but I needed source and permission. I don't think I have time for that anymore...

lol, I don't visit the site very often anymore ;p

I would've been fine with you hacking it to pieces, except that I'm not sure I have an original unprotected copy anymore. There were always unprotected versions on the hosted site, if wc3c has a backup of that from anywhere. There's an old comp I don't have hooked up that would possibly have the unprotected version, but it's a shot in the dark.

I think SC2 might need a battledome though...
Old 05-01-2010, 09:31 PM   #12
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (299)Toadcop is just really nice (299)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

no one needs unprotected version to fix it...
Old 05-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #13
Darkt3mpl3r
User

Darkt3mpl3r has little to show at this moment (3)

try www.sc2mod.com we're currently working on it..