wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Model & .Mdl Editing Corner
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-07-2006, 04:12 PM   #1
Xios
User

Submissions (4)

Xios will become famous soon enough (27)

Default need help with magos model editor

hi, i was editing my model in magos model editor (fiddleing around with geosets and materials.)

i wondered what these do?
material manager:

Click image for larger version

Name:	material editor.PNG
Views:	20
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	8923

Name:	zoom in.PNG
Views:	16
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	8926

filtermodes:

Name:	zoom in 2.PNG
Views:	12
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	8927

transparent, blend, additive, add alpha, modulate.

this is the no animation bit;

Name:	with body.PNG
Views:	40
Size:	388.8 KB
ID:	8924

this is what it is like for all the animations,(the shoulders and helmet are a different geoset.)

Name:	no body.PNG
Views:	22
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	8925

i need to know, because i acidently messed with it and imported it into my map and its corrupted my map. otherwise i will have to start again.

if you want i can upload the file on this post so you can fix it.

(On the left Saboo, on the right Tony Harrison.)

Read my Tutorial
Download my Models
Play my Map

WC3 Warsong Gulch Progress

Terrain: 100%
Units: 90%
Spells: 0%
Items: 80%

Xios is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-07-2006, 04:44 PM   #2
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

No, you will not upload that file. It is a WoW export which is agasint our rules. Moved.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:37 PM   #3
Metal_Sonic64
User

Submissions (4)

Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)

Send a message via MSN to Metal_Sonic64

No, that looks like that Orc Warlord made from the gluescreen orc that's on Search, with a WoW skin.

Anyway, the filtermodes:
None is the default one, if your mesh has no alpha bits of teamcolour, leave it.

Transparent will make all alphaed areas transparent, this is one method for adding teamcolour.

Blend is most commonly used for teamcolour, it makes the alphaed areas transparent, but unlike Transparent, which makes a solid block of teamcolour, Blend blends it.

Additive makes the dark areas of your skin transparent, black is completely transparent, and as you work your way it it becomes more solid. There's a more technical explination but that's pretty much it, I think.

I'm not completely sure how Modulate and Modulate2x (I think it's called that, Magos doesn't have an option for it) work, they're another method of transparency, not commonly used.

That should be all you need to know, if you have more questinos feel free to ask.
Terrain- llllllllll
Triggers-
llllllllll
Metal_Sonic64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:32 PM   #4
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

WoW skin == Export. :P

Old 07-07-2006, 09:05 PM   #5
Xios
User

Submissions (4)

Xios will become famous soon enough (27)

its a wow skin cos im making a wow map

(On the left Saboo, on the right Tony Harrison.)

Read my Tutorial
Download my Models
Play my Map

WC3 Warsong Gulch Progress

Terrain: 100%
Units: 90%
Spells: 0%
Items: 80%

Xios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 12:06 AM   #6
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules :: World of Warcraft Content
This has recently been a problem propagating throughout the Warcraft III communities; and as such it is important to make it absolutely clear within our rules. Discussion of the processes of exporting anything from World of Warcraft is prohibited. The uploading of WoW exports will result in a warning. Should one continue in attempting to acquire or produce WoW models at Wc3Campaigns, they will be banned. Offsite linking to WoW exports is likewise not permitted. No map content containing WoW exports will be acceptable in our Map Database (Except in cases as mentioned below). This is a serious issue, do not take it lightly. Heavily modified WoW models, wherein the purpose of the original model is altered drastically, can be acceptable in specific cases at the moderators discretion. This rule also applies to exports of any kind from any game.

Anyway, back on topic.

Old 07-08-2006, 08:58 AM   #7
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

Additive does exactly what it says on the tin - adds everything. Black becomes transparent because black is 0,0,0 - 0 plus X is X, so X is the colour behind the model.

Modulate is a multiplication; since colours here are on a 0 to 1 scale, it takes the model closer to black. It's not quite the opposite of additive, but it's a similar effect.

Don't listen to Metal_Sonic about team colour, he doesn't know what he's talking about . Team colour comes from combinations of layers with different filtermodes.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Xios
This message has been deleted by Xios.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:09 PM   #8
Metal_Sonic64
User

Submissions (4)

Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)

Send a message via MSN to Metal_Sonic64

I didn't say it MAKES teamcolour, it's to be used with the teamcolour texture texture to make the teamcolour.
Terrain- llllllllll
Triggers-
llllllllll
Metal_Sonic64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:17 PM   #9
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

It alse eats your Z-order if you try to fade out when the material is TwoSided