wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-02-2006, 07:53 PM   #1
l]arkOne
User

Submissions (1)

l]arkOne will become famous soon enough (33)l]arkOne will become famous soon enough (33)

Approved Map: Hero RPG

Default (1) Hero RPG

Click image for larger version

Name:	herorpg.jpg
Views:	6749
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	5315

Overview:

Originally designed to be a demo of a group of Final Fantasy style systems, Hero RPG is a short RPG showcasing systems such as Turn-Based battles, advanced Item Systems, and a Gear Menu. Although the RPG really only covers 5% of a storyline that I would have liked to complete, it is still a valuable resource for this and all communities.

Please keep in mind this is very old, and is likely not up to today’s standards. Feel free to look at how I made it, it is a showcase after all. I will not be modifying or improving this in the future, and the project is officially completed. I apologize for any errors brought on by patches since its release.

Screenshots:

Name:	HERORPG2.JPG
Views:	7439
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	5317Click image for larger version

Name:	HERORPG3.JPG
Views:	7237
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	5318Click image for larger version

Name:	HERORPG4.JPG
Views:	5553
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	5319

Name:	HERORPG5.JPG
Views:	4806
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	5320Click image for larger version

Name:	HERORPG6.JPG
Views:	5958
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	5321Click image for larger version

Name:	HERORPG7.JPG
Views:	6815
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	5322

Download:

HeroRPG.rar (~45 mb)

Enjoy, and thanks for everything, Wc3Campaigns.

- l]arkOne
l]arkOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-04-2006, 09:02 PM   #2
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Based on the information I gathered from various posts in the project's forum while it was still up, I can conclude that the most recent file we have is still one of the developing versions, and not the final release. If anyone has the last version of this great custom campaign, please contact the staff of the site.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:40 AM   #3
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

I would like to say thanks to Metal_Sonic64 for supplying me with the most complete release of the HeroRPG. I have cleaned this thread of the now irrelevant posts and will post my review sometime tomorrow.

I have updated the first post with the new version. Enjoy!

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 02:41 AM   #4
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

This is a truly remarkable campaign. It seamlessly transforms Warcraft into a "Japanese style" RPG game, with a custom semi turn-based combat system, keyboard controls and lots of attention put to all sorts of details.

Listing how well everything is done would take too long, so I will just skip it and cut to those few things that could use more work.
- The combat can be rather slow, this style of games is notorious for it's random encounters that lengthen the playing time, and Hero RPG is no different, but the combat is even slower here.
- Despite this, the game doesn't last very long, because the project was discontiniued and only a small part of the story got finished. A shame, but even so, it's worth playing... it may only not be worth downloading for people without a broadband connection.

These considerations don't make this project any less great. It is a terrific example of how far you can push Warcraft with the World Editor.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:06 AM   #5
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

When I first read about HeroRPG I thought it was a cliché Final Fantasy rip-off for Warcraft III. You know, with a world map and all that jazz. What I found was that HeroRPG was no such thing. After playing for only a few minutes I already enjoyed the fluency of gameplay, and the simplicity. It took only a few minutes to understand the controls, and the entire game being in cinematic mode was a great way to keep portraits and icons from distracting away from the scene. Arrow key movement and transitions between areas was seamless. Truly an impressive piece of work, and it is disappointing that it never met completion.

The battle system is turn-based. You use only the arrow keys with the aid of a dynamic multiboard to choose your actions and targets. Beautifully made both astatically and script wise. Sound effects from your classic RPG games were a nice touch, however I felt that unique sounds would have done a better job. Another issue with the battle system was the camera angle, it is slightly tilted behind you (As can be seen in a screenshot in the first post). This causes a little confusion when choosing a target, I would rather the camera be more to the side, creating more or less two straight lines of units.

The plot was well made with your commercial RPG intricacies. My only wish was that you could interact with more characters, and that you could question general people more dynamically. There was a wide assortment of characters with unique clothing/models, so you did not just see generic villagers spammed everywhere. These, plus a wonderful terrain (Truly a work of art!) made a great atmosphere for such a game.

All in all the system is great the plot wonderful, and the gameplay just fine. I would most certainly play a sequel should it ever be made. I highly suggest this game to any fans of Golden Sun (Gameboy Advanced), Final Fantasy (Playstation), or Quest for Glory (DOS).

Old 05-25-2006, 12:49 AM   #6
xXm0rpH3usXx
I want my rep back! asap

Submissions (35)

xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)

um not able to load a savegame, thats really bad!!!

everything else is great, but i think that its an old map and could be improved much more!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 03:00 AM   #7
Moogleface
User

Moogleface has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via MSN to Moogleface

KK, heres the thing, I dowloaded it, Have to unzip it, Where Do I put it and how do I launch it? Please answer!!!!
-Thanks
Old 05-25-2006, 09:14 AM   #8
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXm0rpH3usXx

You use the 'Continue' option. Loading games tends to cause things to mess up with caches.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:20 AM   #9
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXm0rpH3usXx
If you saved via the normal Warcraft game menu, then it doesn't work. You have to use the save option in the game's multiboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogleface
KK, heres the thing, I dowloaded it, Have to unzip it, Where Do I put it and how do I launch it? Please answer!!!!
-Thanks
You have to unzip it in your warcraft campaigns folder, and play it with the Custom Campaign single player option.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:53 PM   #10
xXm0rpH3usXx
I want my rep back! asap

Submissions (35)

xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)

good to know that there is a save system in the multiboard, u could have used more colours...

btw which progs do i need to modd your map?
I mean something special like WEU, or some patch???
Old 05-25-2006, 02:18 PM   #11
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

To edit HeroRPG you need WEU.

Old 05-25-2006, 07:29 PM   #12
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN
Robie williams ROFL

DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)

Send a message via AIM to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN Send a message via MSN to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN

It's quite a nice game but needs improvement, sadly the makers aren't here.

If you die in forest it just closes the entire WC3, also it needs an option in the multiboard for current task , and have some helpful hints as I'm stuck in a mission that Lothar says you need to go to mount dabur (or whatever it is) but I can't really find anything, even if I enter the cave, well still I give it a 5/5 and if anyone have helpful tips on finishing Lothar's task please PM Me or post here.
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:02 AM   #13
Moogleface
User

Moogleface has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via MSN to Moogleface

Kk, Thanks Anit!!
Old 05-29-2006, 02:34 PM   #14
AtOmIc_PeAnUt
User

Submissions (1)

AtOmIc_PeAnUt will become famous soon enough (26)

I downloaded it but it is only an RAR file with no unzip thingy... Am I just being incredibly noobish or is something wrong? :(
AtOmIc_PeAnUt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:33 PM   #15
Callahan
Bullseye

Submissions (72)

Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)

The save system is original but if a play another maps my saved game is crashed and i have to restart from begining
Callahan is offline   Reply With Quote