wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Artist's Discussion and Queries
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 12:49 PM   #16
DarkZeal
User

DarkZeal has little to show at this moment (0)

You should add Painter version 6-8 on to the list. It is the single most important program to use when doing concept art.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-01-2004, 06:19 PM   #17
DarkbladE-SK-
User

DarkbladE-SK- has little to show at this moment (0)

I use Serif PhotoPlus 6.0, got it free with a magzine, but you can download 5.5 and that's probably got alpha channels. This program is REALLY easy to use... To use alpha channels on it you have to save it as a .png file and open Dogwaffle and save a a .tga and yer done...
Old 01-02-2004, 08:45 PM   #18
unknownMOD(er)
User

unknownMOD(er) has little to show at this moment (0)

psp 8 public beta had an alpha problem
Old 01-09-2004, 02:07 AM   #19
madman6880
User

madman6880 has little to show at this moment (0)

just use 3ds max and photoshop or psp7. thats all you really need. screw all the little freeware tools. you dont need em
Old 02-02-2004, 05:21 PM   #20
Carl86
User

Carl86 has little to show at this moment (0)

Very nice idea, but its not complete. And whats wrong with freeware Smokenham?? They make a program and make it free for u to download... why complain. My experiens of freeware is very good. Also, not everyone can spend 1000's of $$$ before they have learnt to use the software
Old 02-06-2004, 10:33 PM   #21
Sopho
User

Sopho has little to show at this moment (0)

I prefer PAINT SHOP PRO!
Photoshop is terrible I tried, I really don't like it and PAINT SHOP PRO is better than photoshop because even my high school and library use it.. isn't that popular.

Its also much cheaper easier to use and consmes less so much space. Paint Shop Pro helped me in skinning, iconing and creating art stuff, typically paint shop pro is better than photoplus... :ggani:
Old 02-13-2004, 10:16 PM   #22
J3lademaster
User

J3lademaster has little to show at this moment (7)

Send a message via Yahoo to J3lademaster

Quote:
gmax
This free program is a light version of discreet's 3ds max. It was created specifically for the game moding community. It features nearly all of the animation tools of 3ds max, material editor, modeling tools and even subdivision surfaces. Unfortunately blizzard has not written a gmax module for this so you can not officially export it. Currently a tool is being worked on that will permit exporting from within gmax. More information will be released on this in the near future.

When and where can we get information concerning the tool that will convert gmax files?

I have seen several conversion tools out there and it seems to me that no one has fully "cracked the code". None of them are finished and the posts are outdated. Maybe it's just me but none of these even seemed to work for gmax. Also, upon checking the modeling tutorial I read that gmax is a dead end. This horrified me. I refuse to believe it.

I wish someone would release a completed 3ds/MDX converter.
If you have any info at all please post. There is an importer/exporter thread in this forum.

Last edited by J3lademaster : 02-14-2004 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-28-2004, 02:58 AM   #23
DarkBasilisk
User

DarkBasilisk has little to show at this moment (0)

Ok 2 questions, it seems i'll always have problems with that transparency layer, I got this great program made by a company that no longer exists, Picture Publisher 7 (i might have 8 somewhere), but it doesn't seem to have anyway to manage that transparent layer that governs the team colors. If anyone has the program some help would be nice.

As a fallback i got dogware, but i'm having trouble yet again with that transparent layer. It seems to have the alpha layer stored in a feature that i can relate to Picture Publisher's "mask", that protects the masked area from being changed, its essential to my work, but whenever i make a swap buffer of alpha layer i destroy the alpha layer storing the transparencies. Any way around that?
Old 03-28-2004, 03:59 AM   #24
Aznwhore
User

Submissions (1)

Aznwhore will become famous soon enough (40)Aznwhore will become famous soon enough (40)

this is old, plz dont bump old threads
Old 07-07-2004, 10:07 AM   #25
EdwardSwolenToe
User

EdwardSwolenToe is on a distinguished road (11)

well i might as well add in, has anyone else had a problem with paint shop pro 8 and 3Ds max? It usually screws up when you put the skin in, and when doing alphas, in 3ds max the skin is total screwed usually looking blue!
Old 08-13-2004, 10:41 PM   #26
ClanXSIIxDark
User

ClanXSIIxDark has little to show at this moment (0)

You post all that, specifically 3ds Max, but you didnt post Maya? http://www.aliaswavefront.com/eng/pr...ya/index.shtml
Old 08-19-2004, 04:18 AM   #27
horusrogue
User

horusrogue has little to show at this moment (4)

Quote:
Photoshop is terrible
Such bashing. Tut tut.
Photoshop is the best all round graphics editing tool (2d, and arguable 3-d) tool.
Gimp is the Linux Peoplez (w00t linux) version of graphics editing riding piggyback on PS's popularity.
I have gone from ps 6 - 7, and ever needed to find anythign else...same with max(4.2)...i am one happy camper...
Old 03-31-2005, 07:02 PM   #28
Twar3Draconis
User

Twar3Draconis has little to show at this moment (0)

Is there a way to convert gmax files to mdx format?????
Closed Thread