wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Do you like the "The Wars of Warcraft" project?
Yes 40 97.56%
No 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2008, 12:17 AM   #1
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)

Send a message via AIM to TheSecretArts Send a message via MSN to TheSecretArts Send a message via Yahoo to TheSecretArts
Default (6) The Wars of Warcraft: The First War

(If the images aren't full sized, A. Log on, or B. Click on them for full sized image)
All images comply with the rules (no wider than 600 and no taller than 400)
Zoom (requires log in)
What is it?

Its a conquest map where you play one of the races from the first War in a battle for domination. It's 'Dark Ages of Warcraft' and/or 'Azeroth Strategy' (both Battle.net maps) meets the first war. First person to kill the other person or the strongest person after an hour wins.

Team

Me! (I'm all by myself)

Progress

Total: |||||||||| (v.1 Alpha Released.)

Triggering: ||||||||||
Units: |||||||||| DONE!
Buildings: |||||||||| DONE!
Terraining: |||||||||| (All terrain got lost in computer wipe)
Abilities: |||||||||| (Gah, this might take a bit)
Written Elements: |||||||||| DONE!
Heroes: ||||||||| DONE!
Items: ||||||||| DONE! (Told you it would be quick and easy)
Blurb

In the Golden Age of Stormwind, a dark shadow hangs overhead. In the east, Medivh in all his treachery, opened a dark portal that ushered in the orcish hordes. Now, with the lands around Stormwind facing the brink of total war, it's time to chose a race and lead them to ultimate victory. Will you be the prosperous Humans or the divine Northshire Clerics? Perhaps such noblilty does not concern you, maybe you we be more tempted by the power-hungry Orcish Clans or the dark and corrupted Shadow Council. Maybe you are one who ignores rules and would be much better suited by the renegade followers of the ogre Turok or the devilish Medivh? You chose, and lead your armies across the face of Azeroth until all who oppose you are slain. Wage a war with sword and shield, sorcery and trickery, for alliances can be short lived, and only one can survive.

What races are there?

Zoom (requires log in)
To clarify, there are 4 Blackhands; Warchief Blackhand the Destroyer, Rend Blackhand, Maim Blackhand, Griselda Blackhand, but it was too big to fit it.
Also, there are 3 Wyrnns; Adamant Wyrnn, Llane Wyrnn, Varian Wyrnn
Edits: Nielas Aran removed, Griselda is now a normal hero (A named unit with normal stats and abilities).
Gar'thok, Mog'Tharg, Jerl, and Azgalor added.
What are the techtrees

Zoom (requires log in)
Zoom (requires log in)
Zoom (requires log in)
Zoom (requires log in)
Zoom (requires log in)
Zoom (requires log in)
The Spellbook

Table:
<No Image Available>Abbot
Spell Icon:Spell Name:Spell Effects:Spell Description:
BlinkstrikeTeleports the caster to the target point and deals X AoE damageMedivh summon's his energy and warps the physical world forcing him forward and discharges an incredible amount of energy to those unlucky enough to be standing when he is blinking to.
Aura of StrifeIncreased damage done by nearby allies by X and decreases damage done by nearby enemies by XIn this time of war, Medivh uses his adept control of Ley energies to infuse his allies with power, and his enemies with a shroud of frailty
Ley Disruption (Ultimate)Does X damage in X radius of the target point after X seconds, and does X damage over X seconds in people standing in the spot of impactMedivh clots a nearby Ley Line, forcing its energies to build up and discharge an amazing amount of energy, annihilating anyone above, and leaves a residue of magic that deals immense damage to those who stand in it.
What does this map have (or will have)?
  • Tech-tree and units mirroring the original WarCraft. (and stats too)
  • 'Real-Terrain'
  • 'Heroes' (Named units from WarCraft 1) and other special units
  • A different approach to conquest maps (no income, go mine some gold, but there are ALOT of gold mines)
  • In-game messenges on when certain events happen
  • Special events! (heh, its a secret)
  • End-game messenges that display the projected outcome of the 2nd war, Draenor Expedition, and 3rd war!
  • Hopefully I'll work out the Intuitive Selection System, wether it goes by the technical name PUGMSS or something else IDK.
What is real terrain?

Real-terrain is terrain modeled outside the World Editor that looks more realistic and/or functional and will act just like normal terrain.

What does the real terrain look like so far?

Southwest Part of Map
Zoom (requires log in)

Where does it take place?

It takes place in the lands just east and west of Elwynn Forest. For those who play World of Warcraft, it takes place in the combined zones of Elwynn Forest and Red Ridge Mountaints. For those who don't play World of Warcraft, that is in the middle of southern Eastern Kingdoms.
Zoom
note Stonewind is actually Stormwind (Not to be confused with Stromgarde, which is farther north), Blizzard make a mistake in the original map.
How Did You balance heroes?

Lieutenants in a 1/5 ratio, they can kill five units without risking death, and without any help (Not including spells).
Commanders are in a 1/10 ratio.
Racial Leaders are in a 1/15 ratio.
Ledgendaries are on a 1/30 ratio.
Heroes will be easy to kill, yet still pivotal for winning.
Want to help?

Right now, all I need for help is models of buildings and units from Warcraft 1.

Demo?

I'm almost finished a demo of the WarCraft 1 techtree and its implementation in WarCraft 3
A Demo of the finished product will take some time!

Want to know more?

Ask in the thread, I'll be happy to add.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WC1Banner.jpg (61.1 KB, 1359 views)
File Type: jpg WC1Races.jpg (143.9 KB, 694 views)
File Type: jpg ShadowCounciltechtree.jpg (77.8 KB, 799 views)
File Type: jpg NorthshireClericsTechtree.jpg (68.5 KB, 745 views)
File Type: jpg OrcTech.jpg (67.4 KB, 754 views)
File Type: jpg HumanTech.jpg (68.8 KB, 780 views)
File Type: jpg TuroksTechtree.jpg (80.7 KB, 762 views)
File Type: jpg MedihvTech.jpg (69.9 KB, 794 views)
File Type: jpg SWRTOH2.JPG (27.5 KB, 719 views)
File Type: jpg Blackrock Spire.JPG (125.4 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg Karazhan.JPG (97.0 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg Overhead Map.JPG (240.3 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg Stormwind Humans.JPG (141.2 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg Temple of the Damned Area.JPG (166.2 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg The Dark Portal.JPG (144.2 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg The Deadmines.JPG (152.6 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg The Northshire Clerics.JPG (111.1 KB, 66 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x WC1OrcDemo.w3x (87.9 KB, 117 views)
File Type: w3x WC1HumanDemo.w3x (95.5 KB, 122 views)
File Type: w3x WC1WowzahTerrain.w3x (932.6 KB, 89 views)

Last edited by TheSecretArts : 01-22-2009 at 04:02 PM.
TheSecretArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-26-2008, 01:19 AM   #2
Fluff
or your money back!

Submissions (1)

Fluff will become famous soon enough (64)Fluff will become famous soon enough (64)Fluff will become famous soon enough (64)

What will the map be? The continent of Azeroth or just a small part of it? And I'm also just wondering how you chose those factions that you did. And why not choose elves and dwarves and whoever.
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:34 AM   #3
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)

Send a message via AIM to TheSecretArts Send a message via MSN to TheSecretArts Send a message via Yahoo to TheSecretArts

Only at the Kingdom of Azeroth, aka, areas east and west of Elwynn Forest. There is no continent of Azeroth, its known collectively as Eastern Kingdoms. There are no elves or dwarves because they never knew of the orcish invasion until Lothar arrived bearing news of the Fall of Stormwind.

Last edited by TheSecretArts : 02-26-2008 at 01:36 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:08 PM   #4
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

NEWS UPDATE:

Orc Play Demo Ready for Release! This is a demo that will display how the orcish race will play (pretty much). Demo has you start with a town hall and build an army and crush the human opposition. (Humans aren't done yet). I'll post a link ASAP. Also has a basic model I made for the Orcish Blacksmith (All values are equivalent to it's WC1 counterparts, believe it or not).

Edit:
Haha, got the link!
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=99226

Last edited by TheSecretArts : 02-28-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:18 PM   #5
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

I downloaded the orc demo and plan on trying it out. This looks pretty interesting, and since I've never played Wc1 I'll have no idea what's going on! :D

But it looks like you've got everything planned out well, and I think this might go off in the right direction.
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:36 AM
TheSecretArts
This message has been deleted by TheSecretArts. Reason: obsolete
Old 03-03-2008, 01:34 AM   #6
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

NEWS UPDATE:
Human Demo Done
Includes human techtree and ones sick Town Hall model! I'm happy with it (except a few details).
Report any bugs or problems to me!
Old 03-05-2008, 05:52 PM
TheSecretArts
This message has been deleted by TheSecretArts.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:37 PM
TheSecretArts
This message has been deleted by TheSecretArts.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:53 PM   #7
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

NEWS UPDATE (Sortof):
All techtrees are finish. The only changes will probably be some names.
Medihv is a little complex. Probably the most complex out of all of them. Medihv doesn't need resources, all his units are summoned. But his units can only be summoned by his channelers for mana, and the buildings don't regenerate mana so they have limited use.
I won't be getting much progress until this weekend because I'm working on the Spell Making Contest #10.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:17 PM   #8
Furion
User

Furion is on a distinguished road (16)

Hey secretarts,

I thought somebody else would chime in and I didn't want to be the one annoying people about spelling mistakes, but no one has so far, so I think you might like to know that Medivh is actually how you spell his name, with the h at the end and the v before it. I hope this helps, and good luck with your project. :)
Old 03-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #9
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

dang... I've been spelling it wrong for a while. Thanks for the correcting me!
Old 03-16-2008, 03:08 PM   #10
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

News Update:
For those of you who care, I've got the shadow council here with your name on it. It's not completely balanced but when I add the Northshire Clerics, it should balance out.
Attached Files
File Type: w3x WC1ShadowCouncilDemo.w3x (838.2 KB, 39 views)
Old 03-18-2008, 09:02 AM   #11
Furion
User

Furion is on a distinguished road (16)

I care. I've been reading your updates. I'm waiting for you to get a little further along before I try it out. I know the feeling, I was pretty excited when I saw someone comment (and positively, at that!) on my map's thread :) Keep at it, good luck!
Old 03-18-2008, 04:44 PM   #12
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

This is a pretty sweet project, dude, keep it going.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:42 AM   #13
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

Thanks, good to know I've got some people interested!
Well, Also got the Northshire Clerics, I've just gotta finish the spells for the units and heroes. And give the units the right sounds. Sounds are my last priority.

Edit: Forgot to attach!
Attached Files
File Type: w3x WC1NorthshireClericsDemo.w3x (843.7 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by TheSecretArts : 03-21-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:42 AM   #14
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

Default Heroes, Turok, Main Buildings, Units!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEWS UPDATE:
I've been working extra hard for this update!
In this installment I have,

Humans (and heroes)
Orcs (and heroes)
Clerics (and heroes)
Council (and heroes)
Turok (and heroes)
The main bases
And some more abilities, just a few.

Whats next:

Medivh (and all of his evil goodness)
Abilities (I need to do pretty much all of them)
Correct Icons and Sounds (im lazy zzzZZZZzzz)
Specialty Buildings (Pretty much things like buildable cities (Goldshire, Stonard, Moonbrook, etc.)
There will be over 100 units, buildings, heroes, etc.

Note:
Crusader Lord Jerl, Overseer Mogtharg, and Outlaw Leader Gar'thok are NOT lorically correct names. I made them up for balance and such, just pretend I'm giving names to previously nameless warriors

Edit:
File hotfix! Fixes Khadgar's name.
Attached Files
File Type: w3x WC1HeroesTurokAndMoreOhMy.w3x (851.9 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by TheSecretArts : 03-23-2008 at 12:52 AM.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:17 AM   #15
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

Default Terrain Time

NEWS FLASH:
TheSecretArts, with all of his mapmaking powers, called upon the powers and began dredging out a continent. He called it, the kingdom of Azeroth. And on this continent he placed the Northshire Clerics, Stormwind Humans, Blackrock Orcs, Shadow Council Croneys, and Turok's ogres in their own lands. To give these races income, he also rose many a great gold mines, but in irony, forgot to give the races peons to build buildings and harvest this gold . The dredging is not complete though. Temple of the damned has it's own real terrain!!!

Left to Dredge:

Karazhan and Deadwind Pass
Red Ridge Mtns.
Other mountains
hey, more mountains
make those rivers look sexy

Left to Create:

Still need to finish Medivh
I need to finish the spells.

Edit: grrr... forgot to attach.
Attached Files
File Type: w3x WC1WowzahTerrain.w3x (932.6 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by TheSecretArts : 03-26-2008 at 01:18 AM.