wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Warcraft Editing Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-18-2008, 08:55 PM   #16
Demvarien
User

Demvarien has little to show at this moment (0)

I'm having a bit of a problem...

Every time I try to open it, I receive the message "could not open SplatData.txt". I located that file and I can open it just fine... so what's wrong?

I swear to almighty Elune, if this program requires XP, I may kill myself.

Last edited by Demvarien : 01-18-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Demvarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #17
Magos
User

Magos will become famous soon enough (39)Magos will become famous soon enough (39)

Believe it or not but after all these years a new version is available (1.07). Don't get your hopes up too high, it is just bug fixes for some annoying things in previous versions.

Texture file is no longer required to open a model (missing textures will be black)
War3 MPQ files are no longer required to start War3ModelEditor
Fixed interpolation X/Y/Z/W mixup
Fixed particle emitter 2 width/length mixup (I think, hasn't been properly tested)
MDX files now skips unknown tags instead of throwing an error

See signature for link:
Old 08-12-2008, 08:02 PM   #18
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

DDDDDDDDownloading!!!!

EDIT: it seems I have some problem, because this program requires d3dx9_35.dll. Do I have to download from anywhere in particular?

EDIT2: Solved: download this dll here: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl...shtml?d3dx9_35

Last edited by moyack : 08-12-2008 at 08:12 PM.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:03 PM   #19
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

^Holy cow, those are almost all the errors I've been running into lately. Thanks so much for fixing this up (even if just one last time)! :P
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:42 PM   #20
MasterofSickness
User

MasterofSickness is on a distinguished road (23)

although the thread is old, the useful tool stays the same, so here is my reply:

must report a bug which took me some hours!
i have a working example where this editor in its latest version (1.07) shows wrong texture UVW mapping. i have a plane geoset sizing 32 units width & 48 units height, located in the X-Y-axis (you look at it from the top). i use gmax. added a TGA (doesnt matter whether 24bit or 32bit). the TGA has the same dimensions: 32 pixel width, 48 pixel height. i unwrapped it in gmax to show up completely. exported the editable mesh via dex script. copied the mdl data from gmax to my mdl file. adjusted some parts like textures & material. now when viewing the mdl in magos mdl editor 1.07, the texture covers the whole width of the geoset, but the height is only covered like 80% from the top. 20% of the geoset bottom is black. i thought this would be caused from a mistake on my side & i rechecked every possibility, also checked TVertices section in mdl, but everything seems fine (values of 0 & 1). after some hours i was really clueless & i decided to just test the mdl in warcraft 3 in game. so i converted the mdl to mdx, imported the mdx & the tga (the same tga used for viewing in magos editor) & viewed the model in warcraft 3 editor & in game. both showed teh geoset covered with the complete texture, unlike magos editor.
this leads to the assumption, that magos mdl editor sometimes has problems with UVW wrapping!!

just wanted to add this note here if someone else faces this problem & is clueless.
other than that the tool is just awesome!

tip:
if you need to check bone translations, etc. you can make a copy of respectively TGAs & adjusting them by clinching them to square dimensions. from the example from above, you would clinch the TGA from 32 x 48 pixel to 32 x 32 pixel. in game the texture is wrong, but in magos this shows up like the correct texture in the game. this way you can still check everything quickly in magos editor.

Last edited by MasterofSickness : 05-24-2015 at 10:51 AM.
MasterofSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:09 PM   #21
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Does it have to be a square? Have you also tried a 32x64 pixel texture? It is possible that the editor simply requires both dimensions of the texture to be a power of 2.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:00 PM   #22
MasterofSickness
User

MasterofSickness is on a distinguished road (23)

yeah, you are right as far as i have tested. it also worked for TGAs with 32 x 64 pixel, like you said. i just didn't come across the idea "power of 2". for keeping things simple & understandable, i didn't mention the successful approach with 32x64px. good addition!
MasterofSickness is offline   Reply With Quote