wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C News
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 12:34 PM   #1
DraX
User

Respected User

DraX is on a distinguished road (10)

As many of you may know, our own CitizenSnips has been hard at work on 'Dex (Short for mDx EXporter), the further development of republicola's initial foray into the development of a fully functional Model Exporter for 3D Studio MAX.
At this point in time, many of republicola's initial bugs have been fixed, and CitizenSnips has reached a point where he has begun adding new support and functionality that didn't previously exist.

One of such additions includes a material editor (Click Read More to view a screenshot), support for Bezier and Hermite rotations, despite a massive conflict which exists between 3D Studio MAX's Bezier tangents and those of WarCraft III ( Click here for details ).

The script is also being commented and reformatted for easier Open Source development which will begin in the coming weeks both on our forums and at SourceForge.

Hosted Project Moderators and "Respected Members," as well as WC3Campaigns staff currently have access to a beta version of 'Dex, version 0.1, in the Elite Members Lounge. We urge you to test this throughly for bugs.

Material Editor
[imgalt=Dex Material Editor Window]/dex/images/MATedit_preview_01.jpg[/imgalt]
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-01-2003, 01:25 PM   #2
Nuladion
User

Nuladion is on a distinguished road (10)

Great work guys, as usual :D
Old 06-01-2003, 01:44 PM   #3
COOLer
User

COOLer is on a distinguished road (14)

5 words You guys are the best! I cant wait till its done I have so many models that I made with bone chains that i loved to be able to have in wc3. Any idea when you will have this finshed i also would be happy to test it any time. ps can you try too add particle emter suport that would really make it really great!
  2. Project Revolution: Most anticipated mod for WC3
Old 06-01-2003, 01:48 PM   #4
DraX
User

Respected User

I've actually been toying with reading MAXscript properties for particle emitters for a while now.... once I have them fully analyzed I'm going to work on the particle emitter module for the script.
Old 06-01-2003, 01:57 PM   #5
ChrydGod
User

ChrydGod has little to show at this moment (0)

As CitizenSnips explained in the Map development thread i started, we will soon be able to create our own cinematic camera models.

I don't need to tell you how much this will enhance the camera controls for us mapmakers.

Keep up the good work guys, that really all sounds great

Regards
Old 06-01-2003, 02:57 PM   #6
Shooter02
User

Shooter02 has little to show at this moment (0)

I read that thread about the camera models and I am so happy. The possibilites would be limitless. I would help but I don't know mdl... at all... I spose you guys had to learn all by trial and error. Great work :D
Old 06-01-2003, 03:00 PM   #7
Starcraftfreak
PR & UMSWE Developer

Respected User

Starcraftfreak will become famous soon enough (66)Starcraftfreak will become famous soon enough (66)Starcraftfreak will become famous soon enough (66)

Send a message via ICQ to Starcraftfreak Send a message via AIM to Starcraftfreak Send a message via MSN to Starcraftfreak

Yes, I also read the thread ChrydGod mentioned. But why do you post news about something that is not available yet? I mean, CitizenSnips posted the same information in the Map Development Forum and those who are interested read that anyway. I hope that it will be done soon.
Old 06-01-2003, 03:20 PM   #8
DraX
User

Respected User

Unfortunately, while it may give you a better idea of the camera controls for cinematics, it's not possible to import a 3d mesh of a WarCraft III map, meaning there is still some guesswork and trial and error involved...
Old 06-01-2003, 03:26 PM   #9
Elzix
User

Elzix has little to show at this moment (0)

:D great job, cant wait me too :ggani:
Old 06-01-2003, 09:02 PM   #10
General Tekno
User

General Tekno has little to show at this moment (0)

release it ASAP plz! Great work!
Old 06-02-2003, 01:09 AM   #11
Panto
LASER DRAGONS IS RELEASED

Development Moderator
User Project: Panto

Submissions (2)

Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)

Approved Map: Call to Arms

Will there be an ongoing thread regarding CitizenSnips' Dex in one of the forums? I'd like to keep tabs on it even if I'm lacking in being a respected member.
"The perfect is the enemy of the good." Voltaire
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." C.S. Lewis
Old 06-02-2003, 02:57 AM   #12
DraX
User

Respected User

Upon public release, there will be an entire forum dedicated to it on the site, with a full setup for the source port distribution, code submissions, etc.
Old 06-02-2003, 04:17 AM   #13
Panto
LASER DRAGONS IS RELEASED

Development Moderator
User Project: Panto

Submissions (2)

Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)

Approved Map: Call to Arms

Quote:
Upon public release, there will be an entire forum dedicated to it on the site
I don't suppose I could convince you to run a thread until that time? I don't mean to seem naggy, but I am really interested in how this develops.
"The perfect is the enemy of the good." Voltaire
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." C.S. Lewis
Old 06-02-2003, 04:19 AM   #14
MidNightPaladin
User

MidNightPaladin has little to show at this moment (0)

Geat, there's nothing more to say.

The fact that I'm one of those lucky ppl who are actually already testing `Dex I can give you some info, for the meantime lets leave it at that. GREAT WORK !!!

By the way DraX is the Material Editor ready to be implemented into `Dex or is it not compleate yet?

Quote:
Hosted Project Moderators and "Respected Members," as well as WC3Campaigns staff currently have access to a beta version of 'Dex, version 0.1, in the Elite Members Lounge. We urge you to test this throughly for bugs.

Hey ? I'm also testing `Dex and I want to read the bug report and add to it too, where can I find it?
Old 06-02-2003, 10:29 AM   #15
DraX
User

Respected User

Quote:
Originally posted by Panto
I don't suppose I could convince you to run a thread until that time? I don't mean to seem naggy, but I am really interested in how this develops.

In the meantime, this thread should serve just fine for your purposes, and more updates will be posted periodically.

As for the Material Editor, I'm not sure what state that is in at the moment. I don't believe he has it fully implemented yet.
Closed Thread