wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Art Gallery > 3D graphics > Unique models
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #76
Bryndon
User

Bryndon has little to show at this moment (1)

You mean we get a chance to play with these bad boys? That's awesome! :D
(I didn't send a PM, but I think these look brilliant and I can't wait to play with them ).
Bryndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #77
evaevileva7
User

evaevileva7 has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterX
Hello there people of Wc3Campaigns,

It's been a long time since I've posted here, mostly because I haven't been modding. Over the years I received a ton of PMs asking me about my old Blood Elf building models. The truth is I was really not modding anymore and I really didn't like those models.

I've always believed that Wc3 has its own style (toyish and simplistic) and that 'WoWafiying' models isn't my thing. So instead of doing my buildings based on WoW, I decided to mix them with what we saw in Wc3 and do a new style that is still similar.

Of course I did these for my personal pleasure and using my latest philosophy of 'Soul food models' I came up with these:

They are all done from scratch have extremely small file size and use no custom skins. On a technical level, I'm also quite pleased with them. Instead of having 1 separate model for each stage, they are bundled together with their update animations like the original Wc3 models. So that's 1 file for the tower and 1 file for the castles, and since they are done from scratch they are considerably smaller file size than their human counterparts. Even the Altar, that looks quite a lot like the Human altar was made from scratch and is quite small in file size.

Now, as to how they look. I never really finished them. All castle stages still need small windows. Stage 1 and 2, still need additional details to make them pop. The towers are pretty much done and is the only finalized model. The altar needs a considerable amount of tweaks. It's missing to braziers (from a version I lost) and I haven't decided on the actual statue or ring.

Anyways I wanted to share these images with you and depending on my time I might release these individually instead of waiting to finish off the entire pack. There will also be BE doodad pack with these.
šaSAs
asdsadas
asdsadsa
evaevileva7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:45 AM   #78
JediJoe84
User

JediJoe84 has little to show at this moment (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryndon
You mean we get a chance to play with these bad boys?

One can only hope! I've been wanting to edit the Undead and Blood Elf campaigns with these buildings for quite some time now.

PS: I don't know if this is allowed since it's using the art of someone else's models, but I'm making a set of icons for these lovely buildings. One problem I've come upon though is I have to keep them as tga files. If I convert them to blp's then they show up as those ugly green boxes in game. Any suggestions?

PS2: I uploaded a zip of the icons I just made for y'all to enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BloodElfBuildingIcons.zip (167.0 KB, 308 views)

Last edited by JediJoe84 : 11-29-2011 at 09:00 PM.
JediJoe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #79
Garurumon
User

Garurumon has little to show at this moment (0)

SinisterX these models of the blood elves are the best I have seen. I could really use them in this map I'm making. They look really original. How is the modelling going? Sometime when I have time I want to start working on my own models, right now I'm relying on everyone else's. I think you should Finnish this project before you quite modelling. :D
Garurumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #80
JediJoe84
User

Does anyone else still check this thread daily in the hopes that there's an update? lol
Old 01-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #81
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

I have it in my subscriptions, so I don't have to check it daily. ^^

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #82
JediJoe84
User

Lol I kinda meant that. This is really the only thread I'm subscribed to. I really only joined this sight because I was so excited about these models.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #83
stifler102
User

stifler102 has little to show at this moment (0)

i still do it lol
stifler102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:24 AM   #84
Nuclear Arbitor
Reputation Leech

Submissions (1)

Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)

i try and look at everything that's been bumped since i was last on. that's been fairly common with this thread over the last six months or so. the models are quite impressive.
Nuclear Arbitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:35 AM   #85
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

I check subscriptions now and again, wondering if someone will get fed up with my lack of progress on the Trolls and call me out on it. This shows up pretty frequently, though, and I'm excited to see the progress on the models.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #86
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

From my side, no progress. I'm not really feeling up to the task, at all... I have a lot of models that I have to make either way, and I don't feel like working on any of them. ><

If you still are depending on me for something, I think you better pass it on to some other modeler. Sorry. Maybe at some point I'll have the will(and time, actually, though that's less important), I'll do some of your stuff. IIRC, it was something about crawling animations? I suggest you to direct animation-related requests towards DonDustin and Jigrael, those guys are pro. Jigrael is known as Tarrasque on the Hive, and he's active there, btw.

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #87
Ujimasa Hojo
User

Ujimasa Hojo has little to show at this moment (1)

Damn. Everything recent got deleted again. Would you consider migrating elsewhere Sinister?
Ujimasa Hojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #88
JediJoe84
User

Looks like this thread got cut in half by another database failure. :(

Last edited by JediJoe84 : 10-08-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #89
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Fucking site!!!!
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #90
JediJoe84
User

I had a feeling this was happening when I couldn't get onto the site for a couple days. :( At least the full building pack was out there for a bit before it went down. I'm sure someone has it uploaded someplace else for backup. If not, I do have a zip (not the original but one I just made out of the original unedited files) that I could upload here if you guys want/need.

Last edited by JediJoe84 : 10-08-2013 at 06:28 PM.