wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Personal User Projects > GrŁesome Entertainment
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 12:55 AM   #1
RodOfNOD
Da Rodinator

User Project: GrŁesome

Submissions (1)

RodOfNOD will become famous soon enough (51)RodOfNOD will become famous soon enough (51)

Approved Map: Wartego

Default Semi-Private Beta Release

This version has a couple bugs but its very playable. Requires a code and will stop playing after 30 minutes. This is temp till a gold release is made.

If you would like a code talk to your clan heads about getting one.

Last edited by RodOfNOD : 05-23-2008 at 02:37 AM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-21-2008, 07:41 PM   #2
Fallen-God[LcR]
User

Fallen-God[LcR] has little to show at this moment (4)

Default Feedback on semi-private beta

it tested it europe and people think that its great, but these are some suggestions:
  • More trees and walls to easily defend borders
  • Make the cities/barracks smaller - some people are really irritated by the huge ring
I agree with those (although the city thing doesnt really both me), and i think some other good things would be the same units, but maybe more reagonal skins, like the skings from shogun risk for chinese men, maybe peasant-with-gun skin for russian men etc.

Also i have some queries about some terrain issure but it is easier for me to show u in game than to type here
Old 05-21-2008, 09:30 PM   #3
Jack_Of_Spades
User

Jack_Of_Spades has little to show at this moment (0)

Default My reactions as i played a few games...

Yo...

Is the great wall of china supposed to be impassable? because atm units can walk pretty much right through it.

Also...Kuwait and Quartar (in the middle east) hav had their places switched.

There has to be a better way to show which places go to which, especially with indonesia and the countries around it. Maybe indonesia needs to be split, similar to china and russia?

There also needs to be more terrain (trees?), particularly withing china, mongolia, kazahkstan and russia, as well as the other countries in that general area.

The stone area around ports needs to be consistent in order to be more balanced. some ports have huge areas, some have a little tiny sliver.

It would also be nice to have a changelog if you decide to balance any of the units. Nothing needs to be too specific with numbers or anything, mostly just what is weaken, what is strengthened, that kind of stuff. Were they made a lot stronger, a little stronger, a little weaker, things like that.

Despite all of my critisisms, i DO approve of this map :)

that is all

-Jack_Of_Spades (Shaman, Clan Risk)
Old 05-21-2008, 10:12 PM   #4
Fallen-God[LcR]
User

Okay ive got some more suggestions:
In bahrain you can easily attack the port from the mainland by rifles - this could be better if changed.

The same by singapore

Also in indonesia i think that the island of Sumateria should be a separate land, because otherwise it can get confusing

Some of my testers think austrailia would be good, im not sure about this however.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:29 PM   #5
Fallen-God[LcR]
User

I think the risk should be knocked back a few hundred years.

Make the gameplay exactly the same, but change some unit names/skins, i touched apon this on an earlier post but ill go into more detail here:

Rifleman (change name to Gunman?)
Stats: The Same as before
Skin: Shogun infanty skin for chiese/japanese/indonesian
Peasant-with-gun skin for Russian and eastern europe
Hooded-peasant-with-gun skin for arabian countries.

Knight(Changed to cavalry for russia+east europe; raider for arabian countries and Horseman for China/Japan/Indonesia)
Stats: The same
Skins: (Shogun horseman for china etc.; Peasant-on-horse for russia etc.; and raider or ill look for another skin for arabia.

Tanks(Name to Cannons?)
Stats: Ranging from 2 morter damage to 5 time morter damage depending on which cannon you buy. Range goes from current morter range to this range +100, and they have lower hitpoints and armour, slighly more splash then morter, same attack speed or slower.
SkinsI havent looked into these skins but i shall so so tomorrow - perhaps there are howitzer skins.
Names: From cheapest to most costly: Ain Jalut Cannon, Egyptian Fire Lance, scopettieri cannon, 1681 Field Howitzer

I can do same for ships+healers+morters+general if u like some of these ideas, if not then i wont
Old 05-22-2008, 05:19 PM   #6
Fallen-God[LcR]
User

Okay im now starting my terrain inspecting - i have a few ideas which i will mention now, but i will go into greater detail with more info later:

Trees: Many people have mentioned this - will make an extensive list of suggestions in a later post.

Terrain changesIn northern russia: Add the "New siberian Islands" in the sea, and to their east is the "Taymyr peninsula". The sea in between these places if called the "Laptev Sea" not the "Leptev Sea" as it is in the beta. You have touched apon them in the currest beta but they are far too small, and i think should be made larger.

The "Marshall Islands" are situated to the north east of Indonesia, and i think should be added. They are tiny, just 4 one or two city islands; but they will act as a hub for ports, and i think there are too fear ports in this map.

The peninsula at kamchaka in east russia isfar too small. it should be at least 2 - 2.5 times as big, and it heads south south west.

Below Yemen in The Arab countries, you are missing Africa. I can show you this in more detail in an actual game or with an illustration, but to get a feel there should be: Somalia, most of Ethiopia, Djibouti, half of Kenya Eritia and a tiny sliver or Sudan.

I have never seen this done ever, but is it possible to get sea ice on Warcraft editor? Because if so some sea ice should be in the north of Russia. Ships should still be able to pass. but maybe half of the current passage for ships in the Laptev Sea should be ice.

Edit: I love the variety of modes in this game, but perhaps you could add 1/8 bounty and Nightfog. Personally i like 1/4 bounty the best but many people think that is too much, and think that it would be better if there was lower bounty, say 1/8

Fallen-God[LcR] - Chief of LcR in Northrend

Last edited by Fallen-God[LcR] : 05-22-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:52 PM   #7
Fallen-God[LcR]
User

Trees need to be added in:
  • Northern Inner Mongolia
  • Myanmar
  • Pakistan
  • Yemen
  • Yunnan
  • Southern Thailand

Also i think the land Brahmaputra should be added, instead of the eastern stretch of India. The map should start the same but the land fragmented

The island of Sumateria should be separated from Indonesia, because it can get confusing if you dont know the map.

Bahrain and by Singapore the islands can be attacked by riflemen from the mainland, this should be changed.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:27 PM   #8
RodOfNOD
Da Rodinator

Submissions (1)

RodOfNOD will become famous soon enough (51)RodOfNOD will become famous soon enough (51)

Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen-God[LcR]
it tested it europe and people think that its great, but these are some suggestions:
  • More trees and walls to easily defend borders
  • Make the cities/barracks smaller - some people are really irritated by the huge ring
I agree with those (although the city thing doesnt really both me), and i think some other good things would be the same units, but maybe more reagonal skins, like the skings from shogun risk for chinese men, maybe peasant-with-gun skin for russian men etc.

Also i have some queries about some terrain issure but it is easier for me to show u in game than to type here

I added lots of trees to .12

as for the selection circle... that is intentional as it shows the range of the barracks so far people like this....
Old 05-22-2008, 06:31 PM   #9
RodOfNOD
Da Rodinator

Submissions (1)

Default Okdokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Of_Spades
Yo...

Is the great wall of china supposed to be impassable? because atm units can walk pretty much right through it.

Also...Kuwait and Quartar (in the middle east) hav had their places switched.

There has to be a better way to show which places go to which, especially with indonesia and the countries around it. Maybe indonesia needs to be split, similar to china and russia?

There also needs to be more terrain (trees?), particularly withing china, mongolia, kazahkstan and russia, as well as the other countries in that general area.

The stone area around ports needs to be consistent in order to be more balanced. some ports have huge areas, some have a little tiny sliver.

It would also be nice to have a changelog if you decide to balance any of the units. Nothing needs to be too specific with numbers or anything, mostly just what is weaken, what is strengthened, that kind of stuff. Were they made a lot stronger, a little stronger, a little weaker, things like that.

Despite all of my critisisms, i DO approve of this map :)

that is all

-Jack_Of_Spades (Shaman, Clan Risk)

Wall of china is impassible in .12

Great catch on kuwait and qatar

in .12 if you type say -ci it will give you a list of choices then type - cindo and it will ping and move ur camera to indonesia.

stone area is intentioanly not consistant. I am open to specific changes but not making then uniform.

change log is in the quests area btw and trees have been added to .12

and congrats you are now in the credits for finding a bug!
Old 05-22-2008, 06:51 PM   #10
RodOfNOD
Da Rodinator

Submissions (1)

Default hmmm

Quote:
Okay ive got some more suggestions:
In bahrain you can easily attack the port from the mainland by rifles - this could be better if changed.

The same by singapore

Also in indonesia i think that the island of Sumateria should be a separate land, because otherwise it can get confusing

Some of my testers think austrailia would be good, im not sure about this however.

well i see we will have to have some polls once the map is fully tested.

bahrain and singapore are intentionally left that way like it is in regular devo you just dont see it as severely there. I could make it so u cant take the land but i certainly cant stop you attacking it.

the seperate land is intentional because that is the way indo is. you get a good reward for taking indonesia but it is hard and time consuming to take on purpose.

australia was removed as it is not part of asia.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:17 PM   #11
RodOfNOD
Da Rodinator

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Okay im now starting my terrain inspecting - i have a few ideas which i will mention now, but i will go into greater detail with more info later:

Trees: Many people have mentioned this - will make an extensive list of suggestions in a later post.

Terrain changesIn northern russia: Add the "New siberian Islands" in the sea, and to their east is the "Taymyr peninsula". The sea in between these places if called the "Laptev Sea" not the "Leptev Sea" as it is in the beta. You have touched apon them in the currest beta but they are far too small, and i think should be made larger.

The "Marshall Islands" are situated to the north east of Indonesia, and i think should be added. They are tiny, just 4 one or two city islands; but they will act as a hub for ports, and i think there are too fear ports in this map.

The peninsula at kamchaka in east russia isfar too small. it should be at least 2 - 2.5 times as big, and it heads south south west.

Below Yemen in The Arab countries, you are missing Africa. I can show you this in more detail in an actual game or with an illustration, but to get a feel there should be: Somalia, most of Ethiopia, Djibouti, half of Kenya Eritia and a tiny sliver or Sudan.

I have never seen this done ever, but is it possible to get sea ice on Warcraft editor? Because if so some sea ice should be in the north of Russia. Ships should still be able to pass. but maybe half of the current passage for ships in the Laptev Sea should be ice.

Edit: I love the variety of modes in this game, but perhaps you could add 1/8 bounty and Nightfog. Personally i like 1/4 bounty the best but many people think that is too much, and think that it would be better if there was lower bounty, say 1/8

Fallen-God[LcR] - Chief of LcR in Northrend

Trees lots of them done

siberian islands are correct

the marshall and micronesia may be added if i can get them to look right but we will have same issues we have potentially we have with indonesia....

kamchatka appears to be the right size

africa was removed because u couldnt land on it since its not part of asia. i did the same thing with the land on the east of new guinea that is not part of asia....

icebergs are planned just not done yet...

i could add 1/8 bounty pretty easy

nightfog i personally hate maybe if i get lots of requests...
Old 05-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #12
Fallen-God[LcR]
User

yes i see now, the map i used is a different projection to yours, hence the suggestions i made.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:42 PM   #13
Fallen-God[LcR]
User

Delete me :P

Last edited by Fallen-God[LcR] : 05-23-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Closed Thread