wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Cinematics
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2008, 04:02 PM   #1
loktar
User

loktar has little to show at this moment (2)

Send a message via MSN to loktar
Default Music and Ambient Volume

I'm trying to make a cinematic, and I want the music volume to be 100% and all other sounds 0%.

I have used the Set [sound] to x% for every type of sound available, but I still get ambient sounds (e.g. wind) that are louder than the music.
I've tinkered around quite a bit but I can't get it to work... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

loktar
Old 01-22-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
BBDino
Wc3c's resident llama.

BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)

First check you're actually muting all the possible channels, it sounds redundant, but more often than not these sort of problems are simply the product of careless errors.

Next try and isolate exactly which channel is refusing to be muted. Some of them may have specific work arounds using imported corrupted sounds. If, for example, it turns out to be something like the ambient sound sets you can use Sound - Set Daylight Ambient Theme to a corrupted sound file for the duration you require silence.

If you can't isolate it and seem to be doing everything correctly... well i'm afraid I can't offer much help.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:46 PM   #3
2-P
la la la

Terrain Moderator

Submissions (14)

2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)

http://wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=82062

Take a look at (copy) the Initialization Trigger. The two custom scripts at the end are what you're looking for.

Last edited by 2-P : 01-22-2008 at 02:46 PM.
2-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:50 PM   #4
loktar
User

Thanks 2-P, that worked.
I'm having two other problems though:
There's a boat that's on fire, but I don't want the fire sound to be heard.
I've set the Fire sound channel to 0% with no success, and then I set all the sound channels to 0% with still no success.

Second problem is the music volume; it's way too quiet for some reason, even though I've got "Set music volume to 100%" and "Set Music to 100%" on.

I don't see any solution to these problems unless with custom scripts, of which I know next to nothing.

These are my triggers, just for clarity:
Sound - Disable dawn and dusk sounds
Sound - Set Ambient Sounds to 0%
Sound - Set Animation and Spell Sounds to 0%
Sound - Set Unit Movement Sounds to 0%
Sound - Set Fire Sounds to 0%
Sound - Set Combat Sounds to 0%
Sound - Set User Interface Sounds to 0%
Sound - Set Unit Response Sounds to 0%
Sound - Set music volume to 100%
Sound - Music to 100%
Sound - Clear the music list
Custom script: call StopSound(bj_nightAmbientSound,true,true)
Custom script: call StopSound(bj_dayAmbientSound,true,true)
Sound - Play [music]

Last edited by loktar : 01-22-2008 at 10:55 PM.
loktar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:50 AM   #5
BBDino
Wc3c's resident llama.

BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)

I had a suspicion is was the Ambient Audio tracks.

As for your second problem, if you don't need the fire noise at all in the map, i'd just use the sound editor to wipe it out entirely.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:49 PM   #6
loktar
User

Well I didn't find how to wipe it out from the sound editor (except maybe by replacing it with an empty sound), so I just set the units' health back to 100%, not really necessary to see them burning anyway.

I still haven't managed to turn up the volume for the music though :( Pretty annoying.

Thanks again ^^

EDIT: Now it starts playing the music in the loading screen when it's finished loading, and begins from the start when the map starts... strange :s
EDIT2: I fixed that by adding it to the music list rather than just playing it with a trigger.

Last edited by loktar : 01-23-2008 at 10:14 PM.
loktar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:56 PM   #7
BBDino
Wc3c's resident llama.

You could always use a basic sound editing program to modify the volume of the music and then add it back into the map.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:14 PM   #8
2-P
la la la

Terrain Moderator

Submissions (14)

2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)

Set the Looping Sound of the fire doodad to None in the object editor, that should do the job.

The music volume is always lower in cinematic mode, just play all your songs as sounds.

Quote:
Now it starts playing the music in the loading screen when it's finished loading, and begins from the start when the map starts... strange :s
That's because you're playing the music at map initialization. Use elapsed game time as event.
2-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:51 PM   #9
loktar
User

Ah, elapsed game time did the trick. It also made playing the music as a sound work, which didn't before.

The fire thing didn't work. I'm not using the fire doodad though, it's fire emitting from a damaged boat. I tried setting the Unit Sound Set to none but that didn't work.
Doesn't really matter now though, with the music at full volume it doesn't interfere as much.

Thanks for all the help!