wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > Site Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 04:18 AM   #1
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via MSN to Gorman
Default Tuskars are cool

Hey, hi to all the admin and moderators, and to anyone else who reads this thread, u guys are doing a great job by the way, i just had a little tiny suggestion; i was just wondering if the Tuskarr race might be added to the list of "favourite races" in your profile section, because i consider them to be quite important, and a very dynamic race. It would be much appreciated if you consider my request, and im sure BBDino would agree with me on this next point, could you please try not to sigh very often? and hang out in a warm environment, and avoid physical and mental exertion, so you dont generate as much body heat. And also, this suggestion is directly from BBDino to Tim, could u please reduce the size of the Wc3C servers hard drive, as BBDino feels it is causing globabl warming.
Thank you very much!

~Gorman.

EDIT: to be made more polite (from BBDinos suggestions.)

Last edited by Gorman : 01-21-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-21-2008, 07:00 AM   #2
BBDino
Wc3c's resident llama.

BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)

Your premise is inherently flawed and your post pointless. By posting this thread you will achieve nothing. But what are the costs? Heat in the form of the metabolic activities of you and all those who read or reply to this thread. The raw materials needed to store and process your data contribution. The CO2 evolved by those sighing in resignation at the time you've wasted. The list goes on...

And what does that mean? It means you've contributed to global warming, and thus directly acted to cause untold death and misery for future generations.

And what have you gained? Nothing, murderer.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:57 AM   #3
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDino
Your premise is inherently flawed and your post pointless. By posting this thread you will achieve nothing. But what are the costs? Heat in the form of the metabolic activities of you and all those who read or reply to this thread. The raw materials needed to store and process your data contribution. The CO2 evolved by those sighing in resignation at the time you've wasted. The list goes on...

And what does that mean? It means you've contributed to global warming, and thus directly acted to cause untold death and misery for future generations.

And what have you gained? Nothing, murderer.
i loled

Goths are nerds that dress like vampires. -Dominant-Male
Oh, and wc3c wasn't dying back in 2007 and it isn't now. Our secret is simple: you can't kill the undead ... - Vexorian

We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft. - Chris Metzen on the Warcraft Movie
Man, we're considered elitist all over the internet. This makes me feel nice and warm inside. - ghenjis
Please help! I'll provide no information, you must guess! - Whitehorn
Old 01-21-2008, 01:18 PM   #4
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)

Exclamation

thanks for that BBDino, that is in my sig, its basicly the same thing but to do with people sigs...

but yes i will edit it to make it more polite. i was half asleep wen i posted...

In respones to BBDino:
Hidden information:
(also people always emit heat, so that ones not my fault, and also the materials needed to store my post+thread were already there, and are going to be (and have been) reused, and also u dont 'evolve' CO2 when u sigh, (evolve refers to structural or chemical changes, and neither of those happen when u sigh) because the CO2 is merely expelled, and if people 'sigh in resignation at the time ive wasted', then that, by definition, means that they add Tuskarrs (seeing as resignation means to accept defeat, and therefore i win!), so it also achieves what it sets out to do, so it was definatley a success!)
Old 01-21-2008, 03:54 PM   #5
SeasonsOfLove
A Nitpicky Map Reviewer

Official Map Reviewer

SeasonsOfLove will become famous soon enough (44)SeasonsOfLove will become famous soon enough (44)

[Quicksilver #2] - 2nd Place

Send a message via AIM to SeasonsOfLove

Uhh, no. Evolve can mean to give off/emit. So when you breath out, you evolve Carbon Dioxide.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:45 PM   #6
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I evolved all over your mom last night.

On a brighter note, why not add them to the list? Granted, I'd have PM'd Vex to do it rather than make a topic for it, since well.. It's not big enough to merit discussion on any level, as the replies in this topic suggest. I doubt anyone would have any qualms with it happening, though.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:22 AM   #7
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonsOfLove
Uhh, no. Evolve can mean to give off/emit. So when you breath out, you evolve Carbon Dioxide.
yeah, but it means in the sense that it was created

"the hydrochloric acid mixed with the marble chips evolves a colourless odourless gas."
not
"my tap evolves water!!!oneonetilde!!! lolzor!!"
Old 01-22-2008, 03:15 AM   #8
BBDino
Wc3c's resident llama.

BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)

Oxygen in, C02 out. Sounds like a change to me.

Or did you forget you have to inhale to sigh?

Also for the sake of sanity, please use proper punctuation. I find your posts practically impossible to read.

Last edited by BBDino : 01-22-2008 at 03:19 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:14 AM   #9
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

O yes BBDino, without the capital letter and full stop it becomes an unbearable intrusion upon the noble Wc3C.
Of course if you were refering to both the inhaling + respiration + sigh then i understand how u meant 'evolve' but most people, including myself and dictionary.com, assume that when u say 'sigh' u mean "to let out one's breath audibly, as from sorrow, weariness, or relief." not, as you think, "the act of inhaling, respiring, and subsequently releasing ones breath audibly to display displeasure or to kill everyone on earth."

I see the confusion that was caused.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:22 AM   #10
BBDino
Wc3c's resident llama.

Ok genius. Sigh without inhaling.

Do it again, right away. Remember, no inhaling.

Repeat for 5 minutes.

See how well it goes.

Oh and if you're going to be such a douche simply because I asked that you respect your other forumers and make an effort to type properly...

Well i guess that's what my ignore list is for.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:40 AM   #11
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Global warming is a lie.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:46 AM   #12
BBDino
Wc3c's resident llama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
Global warming is a lie.

It is not!

Sure the science is uncertain, the economic analyses greatly lacking, the moral validity of taking action against it (rather than against hunger and disease) sketchy...

But Al Gore said it's important!
Old 01-22-2008, 01:05 PM   #13
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

You're all douches, leave the kid alone. None of you are funny.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #14
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Hey man, i retyped my orignal post, and i am using proper punctuation, what more do u want?

And please stop trying to tell me that a "sigh" is not a sigh. Google "define:sigh" then you can come back to the forum, and admit ur defeat, and make a sigh if u want. Or check any dictionary, and dont tell me its slang or neologism or anything else...

Also, dont beleive about global warming just because someone tells u too, look at the facts, look at what you can see. For me in Australia a few of things i see is, this year we had the hottest summer, and the warmest winter on record, also the least rainfall, as has been the trend for 10 years before, also the seasons are melding together, and moving further later in the year. This means sum serious mumbo-jumbo is happening. But just think for ur self, see if u can find some evidence around u.

So i guess Tuskarrs will get added soon, yes?
Old 01-22-2008, 03:40 PM   #15
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Meh, debunking global warming just because of Al gore is lame as heck. Anyways. Locked and whatever.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Closed Thread