wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Texture Resources > Icons / Interface
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-11-2007, 01:04 AM   #1
Mezzer
:emote_grin:

Submissions (1)

Mezzer has a spectacular aura about (77)Mezzer has a spectacular aura about (77)Mezzer has a spectacular aura about (77)

Send a message via MSN to Mezzer Send a message via Yahoo to Mezzer
Default WoW Icon Pack

Well, since there is a need to have this lying around here, I thought I might as well put it up, since I already went to all the trouble.

These are the icons Blizzard released from WoW, as palleted blps (256 colors). Only the regular and disabled version are included, and they take up about 4kb each.

If you're gonna use these, you might wanna point out that they are in fact Blizzard's WoW icons, so someone doesn't end up crediting someone else for them. Anyway, I hope these are of some use to some one.

Note: The pack is split into three zips due to upload limits. Each part contains an mpq with all the icons for easier viewing.

Edit: Due to it being asked a few times (and a sudden bout of unlaziness), I've uploaded the icons into zips without bundling them into an MPQ, for those who find this useful. I had to split up one of the zips for stupid reasons, but still, the last 4 files are the "unMPQed" zips, for whomever this may be useful to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Preview.jpg (83.9 KB, 8084 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Armor.zip (4.53 MB, 3433 views)
File Type: zip Spells.zip (1.69 MB, 2844 views)
File Type: zip Weapons.zip (1.37 MB, 4191 views)
File Type: zip Spells[Non-MPQ].zip (1.17 MB, 1936 views)
File Type: zip Weapons[Non-MPQ].zip (1.36 MB, 1720 views)
File Type: zip Armor[1].zip (1.68 MB, 1578 views)
File Type: zip Armor[2].zip (1.28 MB, 1406 views)

Last edited by Mezzer : 09-06-2007 at 02:17 PM.
Mezzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-11-2007, 01:27 AM   #2
The Curse
User

The Curse has little to show at this moment (1)

it prob wont get approved since blizz made it but can you post pics of some of the icons?

War Change is coming.
The Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:45 AM   #3
PurplePoot
User

Official Map Reviewer

PurplePoot will become famous soon enough (60)PurplePoot will become famous soon enough (60)PurplePoot will become famous soon enough (60)

They distributed a ton of Icons on www.battle.net, so I'd say it really depends on what the mods' policy to "freely distributed" WoW material is
PurplePoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:48 AM   #4
Mezzer

Submissions (1)

Mezzer has a spectacular aura about (77)Mezzer has a spectacular aura about (77)Mezzer has a spectacular aura about (77)

Well, I'd love to put it somewhere where it'd be a useful resource to those who need it, and this just felt like that place.^^

There's no reason it shouldn't be approved, since blizzard released these things for use in WC3.

And fine, I'll add a pic some of the icons. (Done)

@PurplePoot: Those are these, except with the right border and a disabled version.

Last edited by Mezzer : 05-11-2007 at 01:57 AM.
Mezzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:35 AM   #5
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Somewhere in the rules I have added an exception about things released by blizzard (or another company if that has actually happened) specifically to be used for wc3, including these icons, so there's no problem here, since the quality cannot be put in question I'll approve it.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful

Last edited by Vexorian : 05-11-2007 at 03:36 AM.
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:57 AM   #6
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Pro submission, and I'm super glad Vex approved it.
Good stuff in there, go Blizz.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:36 AM   #8
The Curse
User

The Curse has little to show at this moment (1)

Well I was assuming you had to make them yourself.

Good job nonetheless, most people would find this useful.

War Change is coming.
The Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:43 PM   #9
Tranquil
User

Tranquil has little to show at this moment (0)

Are these the same icons found at http://www.battle.net/mod/resources.shtml
?
Tranquil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #10
Toink
User

Submissions (3)

Toink is on a distinguished road (17)

Send a message via Yahoo to Toink

Alright! I luv ya Vex for approving xD and you too Mezz

It's time for me to spam your rep!
Toink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:42 PM   #11
Mezzer

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil
Are these the same icons found at http://www.battle.net/mod/resources.shtml
?
Yes, only with the regular WC3 borders and a disabled version, in blp format (which reduces the filesize). Hope this is the last time I have to say that.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys find this useful!
Old 05-12-2007, 12:25 AM   #12
PurplePoot
User

Official Map Reviewer

PurplePoot will become famous soon enough (60)PurplePoot will become famous soon enough (60)PurplePoot will become famous soon enough (60)

Quote:
@PurplePoot: Those are these, except with the right border and a disabled version.
That's what I was saying, in response to

Quote:
it prob wont get approved since blizz made it but can you post pics of some of the icons?

EDIT: Odd that wc3c doesn't allow MPQ attachments >< - Adding them to a .ZIP makes them larger than if they weren't in it

Last edited by PurplePoot : 05-12-2007 at 12:29 AM.
PurplePoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:34 AM   #13
Mezzer

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePoot
EDIT: Odd that wc3c doesn't allow MPQ attachments >< - Adding them to a .ZIP makes them larger than if they weren't in it
The fact that mpq aren't allowed is a bit weird, but it's not a problem since it's only 1kb of difference in this case. It might be a good idea to add it at some future sight update.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:07 AM   #14
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

My MPQ veiwer-extractor won't let me view more than 150 lines or something, so I'm missing out on more than half the resources, I don't mean to sound rude, lazy or annoying, but is it possible to make a ZIP with just the icons in an archive that's not an MPQ?
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #15
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

Approved Map: Dodge The Wisp Wheels

Send a message via MSN to ragingspeedhorn

Great to have these uploaded, now if I need any of them I won't have to edit the icons myself, thanks a bunch Mezzer.
ragingspeedhorn is offline   Reply With Quote