wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Project Recruitment
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 03:57 AM   #1
waaaks
User

waaaks is on a distinguished road (12)

Default Ages of War (Sunken Paradise) Recruiting

Ages of War
Sunken Paradise

In a time where no battles and all peace, there was an item called the Devil's Eraser that taints all beings on finding the Enchanted item, two province fight and stood there way up, just to find this item in the Sunken Paradise, these province cursed each other, where the Gods are awaken by their rage, theres one God named Gord the Defiled cast plague on the land to stop the madness, because of the plague, many were diseased and some were imbued and then realized that they were given might from the Defiled God Gord, and now they call themselves The Defiled, while the plague scatters around the world, there's a God that named Suna the Enlightened that bothers most from the cause of the plague, now this God tries to cure and destroy the plague, using from the heat essence of the Sun, now the plague was destroyed and all the diseased beings thinks of what the God has given to them, and now the being stood up and called themselves The Enlightened. Now it is up to you what force would you help, it is up to you what will you do, destroy their base, or find the item that grants mysterious spells.

-Mostly JASS spells
-Map Protected
-Some Custom Images
-Some Custom Models
-Custom and some Unique Abilities
-Enhanced Tooltips
-Custom Minimap
-Custom Loading Screen
-Cinematics at start( as Vulcansurge suggests )
-Custom Items, no unoriginal item( as Vulcansurge suggests )

In-Game

Weather System
-it doesn' mean that if there's weather system here, there would be weathers as if, but I made it unique and fun

Plague: Adds Bonus speed and mana and life regeneration to the Defiled units, while decreases speed and mana and life regeneration to the Enlightened units.

Grace: Adds Bonus speed and mana and life regeneration to the Enlightened units, while decreases speed and mana and life regeneration to the Defiled units.

It works like this:
-Each weather has it's own timer, so that players know if one weather is coming

-Plague timer expires then > Normal stage exists for 10 minutes > Normal stage timer expires then > Grace replaces that last for 5 minutes > Grace timer expires then > back to Normal stage > Normal stage timer expires then > Plague replaces that last for 5 minutes then > back to start

Mercenary System
as 13lade619 suggests

-Each mercenary has own two non-disable spells
-One mercenary per player

Mercenaries

No mercenaries for now

-I need mercenary suggestions

Events

Devil's Eraser
Broken artifact: A broken artifact that grants the holder various auras that affects friendly units only, it is said that this item can be enhanced by the Dragon Roost.

-Found in 5% from any Neutral Creep
-Only one Broken Artifact per game
-Upgraded to Devil's Eraser when given to the Dragon Roost

Dragon Roost: A roost found in each base

-Each force has Dragon Roost

Devil's Eraser: An item originally kept by Dread Root himself, but destroyed by the Dragons due to its enchanted powers that gives all friendly units in the map Bonus attack speed, Bonus Armor, Bonus Damage, Reflect Damage, Mana Regeneration, Life Regeneration, Bonus Movement Speed, Life steal for melee.

Dread Root Devil Boss

-Boss Monster in Ages of War, found from a small island from the right side of the map
-No access to the island
-When game ends, all winning heroes are moved to the island
-This event is only for fun, so don't sweat it

Heroes
I'll post heroes A.S.A.P. but needs more suggestions

Quote:
Team:
===thehelper Team===
Chups: Hero and item suggestions
13lade619: Game suggestions, and mercenaries
Vulcansurge: Beta Test and Suggestions
massinfantry: Game suggestions
===wc3campaigns Team===
None

Terrain: llllllllll 90% finished
Triggers: llllllllll 50% finished
Heroes: llllllllll 0% finished
Items: llllllllll 0% finished
Spells: llllllllll 0% finished

Overall : llllllllll 25% finished

Heres the Beta Map it is not yet finished, the heroes are still from Villan Wars, some are not yet finished. This Beta map is protected i think, maybe ill check it, if u found out that it is protected, just PM for joining the team and ill give u a un-protected map.

what i need now is a JASSer, Terrainer, and an Icon Maker

Screenshots:

Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-09-2007, 09:11 AM   #2
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

'Map Protected' is not a desirable feature to be boasting about, in my opinion.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:55 PM   #3
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)

Looks promising. Not sure how I could help, but I'm good with gameplay and art (not icons).

Be excellent to each other.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #4
Toink
User

Submissions (3)

Toink is on a distinguished road (17)

Send a message via Yahoo to Toink

WH helping someone else? omgwtf o rly

Terrain is horrid, use fog and a better sky. Also, do not imitate dota, World Tree and Frozen Throne? A large golem for a boss? Be more creative, it's absolutely impossible for the Frozen Throne to stay frozen in that tropical area.

But it does look very promising. Try to use Nasrudin's palm trees, would make it look better.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:45 PM   #5
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

1) Learn to use full stops. They are normally more prevalent than commas.
2) You have no decent gameplay, according to that features list.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Old 05-09-2007, 05:03 PM   #6
Toink
User

Submissions (3)

Quote:
-Plague timer expires then > Normal stage exists for 10 minutes > Normal stage timer expires then > Grace replaces that last for 5 minutes > Grace timer expires then > back to Normal stage > Normal stage timer expires then > Plague replaces that last for 5 minutes then > back to start

So the Defiled ones have an advantage? It seems to be it works like this :

Plague > Normal > Grace > Normal > Plague > Back to start, which is Plague
Old 05-09-2007, 07:06 PM   #7
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN
Robie williams ROFL

DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)

Send a message via AIM to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN Send a message via MSN to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN

I can help with fixing the terrain, just drop me a PM.

Retired (Well I'm still doing freelance works).
Old 05-09-2007, 09:58 PM   #8
Aray
Concepter & Writer

Aray will become famous soon enough (44)Aray will become famous soon enough (44)

I don't fancy looking at pictures that doesn't show what you'll actually be seeing in-game. I just presume that you're gonna be using the standard Wc3 view, and not the ones you are showcasing your game with (except the mapoverview of course, which is nice to have).
Old 05-10-2007, 02:33 PM   #9
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toink
So the Defiled ones have an advantage? It seems to be it works like this :

Plague > Normal > Grace > Normal > Plague > Back to start, which is Plague
You got it all wrong. The start is not plague, it's end of plague.

The story behind the map doesn't seem particularly interesting, but then again, I did understand only about a quarter of it. Work on your english please!

So, the broken artifact has a 5% chance to drop from neutral creeps, and only one may drop in the whole game. Seems like the game encourages creeping then, since once a team gets the artifact the other team is stuffed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
You have no decent gameplay, according to that features list.
Might I add that the feature list is pretty hazy, without much substance? "Custom Items, no unoriginal item" sounds pretty vague. What kind of design strategy do you have to make sure every item is not unoriginal?

Also, why are the computer building and unit models the same as in DotA?

Last edited by Anitarf : 05-10-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:55 PM   #10
Toink
User

Submissions (3)

Ah shit your right, I got the weather thing wrong xD

Terrain is far better than DotA though, but you really need to work on your creativity. Creeps and buildings are just like DotA's. How the hell could the frozen throne and world tree be at one island?

And the story is also cliche.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:54 AM   #11
waaaks
User

waaaks is on a distinguished road (12)

whoa! stop guys!

ive got an urgent news about my project!

i need to stop this because i formated my computer and i didnt left any parts of the map or even warcraft 3!

because of the shitty error that destroys my computer, now it is repaired but i lost my map project....so this project would be stoped!

+rep to all of u for wasting ur time here, even though i didnt meant to make you waste your time here

please close this thread!!
Closed Thread