wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map Testing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-16-2006, 10:55 AM   #196
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

After seeing pheo do the graphics for juggernaut and soko's ultimate, i'm quite confident hes the man for our spell graphics. Somehow they just fit into BnB perfectly.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:05 PM   #197
Turkey_Slayer
User

Turkey_Slayer is on a distinguished road (10)

Send a message via AIM to Turkey_Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
If you claim that the glow ruins the texture and makes the game look like shit, then you hardly see B&B for what it is really worth.
Some fan.

It does make the textures look like shit, unless you're weird and you like Sol'ta with a light blue hero glow. But I guess if the team is willing to make the skins look like shit for some guy with a shitty map to say that gives it personality than they can go ahead.

Pheo's effects are fucking awesome, especially Juggernaut's. I can't wait to see Timber.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:21 PM   #198
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

We're not doing it for dusk. We're doing it for us.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:33 PM   #199
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
But I guess if the team is willing to make the skins look like shit for some guy with a shitty map to say that gives it personality than they can go ahead.

You can rot in hell for that comment.
If this were my site I would ban you right now for that lude and entirely unnecessarily offensive remark.

How can you consider yourself a B&B fan at all?
They aren't doing anything for me, I'm simply speaking my mind and it happens to coincide with how they think.
The fact you're too dense to understand that is your problem.

And personally, I love the new Soko effect.
I haven't played him so I have no idea what it's for, but it's hilarious and a great addition to the map.
If everything you do, Pheo, is along the lines of that quality, then keep it going! :D

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 11-16-2006 at 05:39 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:55 PM   #200
blu_da_noob
Nonchalant

Respected User

Submissions (2)

blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)

[Quicksilver #2] - 2nd Place[Quicksilver#1] 1st place

Send a message via MSN to blu_da_noob

Cartoon mushrooms = <3

Just a pity about the problem with the new SoS effect :(
Old 11-16-2006, 02:47 PM   #201
Vig0r
Crabpork

Vig0r has a spectacular aura about (80)Vig0r has a spectacular aura about (80)Vig0r has a spectacular aura about (80)

Send a message via MSN to Vig0r

Turkey, for god's sake, if you want to lynch anyone for the team colours as they are atm, lynch me. I'm the one that convinced erwt that they should be in. I'm the one that's been protecting them from day one.
Vig0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:14 PM   #202
Tiki
Transform and roll out!

Respected User

Submissions (11)

Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)

AI tournament - 3rd place

Wait so whats the dilemma on the team color now?

Each hero gets a set color to match the skin? or
Each hero uses the team color of the player?

www.sc2armory.com - Join our forums and community.
Latest and most up to date information about starcraft II.
Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:28 PM   #203
Turkey_Slayer
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki
Wait so whats the dilemma on the team color now?

The dilemma is that each hero at the moment uses the player's color instead of a color that matches its skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vig0r
Turkey, for god's sake, if you want to lynch anyone for the team colors as they are atm, lynch me. I'm the one that convinced erwt that they should be in. I'm the one that's been protecting them from day one.

I like you so I wouldn't do that, so I'd rather take it out on fat Dusk.

Quote:

I don't know, maybe it's the fact that I love playing it and was probably the few to host B&B in its first versions (on dial-up mind you). But if not liking how team colors are handled makes me not a fan, then I guess I'm not.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:31 PM   #204
Tiki
Transform and roll out!

Respected User

Submissions (11)

Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)

AI tournament - 3rd place

Id say leave it at the players color as team color, not the heros set color :/

I hate heros set color, it may "match" the skin more but who cares. Look at KOTG, he would look good with a green team color, but can easily pull off red.

www.sc2armory.com - Join our forums and community.
Latest and most up to date information about starcraft II.
Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:33 PM   #205
WaNkafyd
User

WaNkafyd has little to show at this moment (3)

Quote:
werd, he said he doesn't like the way the map handles teamcolour and he went with the consensual opinion over your map, so he's not a fan of B&B? you're so great with irrelevancy. pls guys, stop fiteing, can't you see it's tearing us apart?!?1

On a point that means anything, I'm fucking psyched about Pheonix making spell effex. I don't think I've expressed enough how orgasmic Juggernaut's effect is. :x keep up the good work mate
WaNkafyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:30 PM   #206
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

Stop flaming eachother you three. That means Rz, Dusk and Turkey. I'll delete your shit if it goes on. Discussing the map is ok, but now you two are just bashing eachother.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:01 PM   #207
WaNkafyd
User

WaNkafyd has little to show at this moment (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwtenpeller
Stop flaming eachother you three. That means Rz, Dusk and Turkey. I'll delete your shit if it goes on. Discussing the map is ok, but now you two are just bashing eachother.

sry babe, i tried to diffuse the situation with comedic diplomacy tactix
i don't have modpowers to wave around :(
(yet)
WaNkafyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:00 PM   #208
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)

Hey blu, i may have solved the SoS problem in a way, get on MSN later and i'll try it out.

Last edited by Pheonix-IV : 11-16-2006 at 11:00 PM.
Pheonix-IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:27 AM   #209
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
I'll delete your shit if it goes on.
Then delete the shit.
I'd be willing to delete all of my own stuff if it kept me from having to deal with them.

I love B&B and I love giving my opinions and thoughts to try to make it better --
But nothing makes me want to permanantly disable the internet more than those people.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 11-17-2006 at 12:58 AM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:30 AM   #210
Turkey_Slayer
User

Quote:
But nothing makes me want to permanently* disable the internet more than those people.

Wow, that makes me want to insult you more than ever before.