wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-22-2006, 05:21 AM   #1
karukef
User

karukef has a spectacular aura about (97)karukef has a spectacular aura about (97)karukef has a spectacular aura about (97)karukef has a spectacular aura about (97)

Default Can you help compare the speed of two maps?

In the thread http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=86604 I presented a new method for attaching/retreiving variables from units.

I'd like to see people try it out for themselves to see just how much faster it really is.

Download the two maps and try summoning a lot of units. Each unit uses a 0.01 timer that moves a lightning around, so it will start to lag really fast.

The best way to test is to move your screen to a corner so that the visual aspects does not interfere. Have the Priestess of the Moon selected, and summon some owls. Each summon adds 24 owls. How many summons can you do in a row before it becomes very slow with each version?

I could do 4 with GC and 7 with SmartAttach before Fraps showed 1 FPS, how about others?
Attached Files
File Type: w3x SmartAttach GC.w3x (23.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: w3x SmartAttach Normal.w3x (55.6 KB, 11 views)
karukef is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-22-2006, 05:35 AM   #2
aquilla
User

Submissions (1)

aquilla will become famous soon enough (71)aquilla will become famous soon enough (71)aquilla will become famous soon enough (71)

Send a message via MSN to aquilla

5 and 11 here :)
aquilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:43 AM   #3
DioD
obey

Submissions (4)

DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)

Send a message via ICQ to DioD

BUG
Sry for large screen i will delete it soon.
Attached Images
File Type: gif WC3ScrnShot_082206_154134_01.gif (338.8 KB, 31 views)
DioD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:37 AM   #4
karukef
User

karukef has a spectacular aura about (97)karukef has a spectacular aura about (97)karukef has a spectacular aura about (97)karukef has a spectacular aura about (97)

Please send a replay instead of a screenshot, as that screenshot shows nothing. In fact, because I don't filter away dead units, sometimes the lightning points to units that just died :)

What I am interested however is how you managed to get "timer assigned" = 0, because no matter what I have done I haven't been able to do that.

EDIT: Bug resolved. It has nothing to do with the system.

The map uses the event TriggerRegisterEnterRectSimple( gg_trg_LightningLink, GetCurrentCameraBoundsMapRectBJ() )

This means that summoning units near the edges of the map does NOT work.

I do not want to update the maps; just make sure you stay near the center when you summon units!

Last edited by karukef : 08-22-2006 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:04 AM   #5
wonder_priest
User

wonder_priest has little to show at this moment (9)

Send a message via MSN to wonder_priest

I used the Fraps measure too.

SmartAttach GC = 7 Owl Scout casts
SmartAttach Normal = 13 Owl Scout casts
Attached Files
File Type: w3g SmartAttach GC.w3g (5.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: w3g SmartAttachReg.w3g (4.9 KB, 5 views)

/Jedi mind trick
wonder_priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:03 AM   #6
karukef
User

Thanks man.

Replays are not needed, I just asked from DioD since he claimed a bug (which turned out to be nothing)