wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-05-2015, 09:54 AM   #16
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)

Send a message via MSN to Fledermaus

But that would require a third party program which is also illegal.

Last edited by Fledermaus : 05-05-2015 at 09:55 AM.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-05-2015, 11:41 AM   #17
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via MSN to Gorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus
But that would require a third party program which is also illegal.
pls no, now you are the troll...
Old 05-05-2015, 05:48 PM   #18
andreasaspenberg
User

andreasaspenberg is on a distinguished road (12)

while you are arguing i am not getting any closer to a solution. i want to release a weekly update of my project on the hive workshop on saturday and my goal for that update is to get this transformation working perfectly.
andreasaspenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:46 PM   #19
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)

Then use the code I provided. It was saved with the standard editor and only uses standard jass.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:21 AM   #20
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Ok, since you don't know how to open a map - here you go:

Expand JASS:

Trigger:
Trigger For Registering Units
Collapse Events
Unit - A unit enters (Entire map)
Collapse Conditions
Collapse Or - Any (Conditions) are true
Collapse Conditions
(Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to OH GOD THEY'RE KILLING ME! (Moving)
(Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to NUUUUUUU NOW I'M BEING SUED AFTER I'M DEAD (Not Moving)
Collapse Actions
Custom script: call PleaseDontSueOrKillMyUnit(GetEnteringUnit())

Trigger:
Trigger For Unregistering Units
Collapse Events
Unit - A unit enters (Entire map)
Collapse Conditions
Collapse Or - Any (Conditions) are true
Collapse Conditions
(Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to OH GOD THEY'RE KILLING ME! (Moving)
(Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to NUUUUUUU NOW I'M BEING SUED AFTER I'M DEAD (Not Moving)
Collapse Actions
Custom script: call OkNowStopKillingAndSuingMyUnit(GetDyingUnit())
  • Open your map and paste into the custom code section (blue).
  • Create the following variables:
    • Boolean array - CanYouMoveWhenBlizzardSuesYou
    • Timer - SuingAssassinTimer
    • Integer - TheCountForThirdPartyApps (Initial value 0)
    • Real array - TheXPositionWhenBlizzardKillsU
    • Real array - TheYPositionWhenBlizzardSuesU
    • Unit array - WhichUnitShallBlizzardSueNext
  • Create the chaos morph abilities
  • Go through the custom code, look for the 3 comments all in caps and follow the instructions
  • Look at the "Trigger For Registering Units" and "Trigger For Unregistering Units" triggers and try to create something similar in your map.
  • Please don't sue or have me assassinated for using jass :c
  • Complain that it is unusable because it is in jass.
  • Complain that it is unusable because of some reason you are only giving now after I have created everything that you asked for.

In lieu of a "Thank you for your help and patience" reply (that I have never seen from you and you seem incapable of making) I will accept an answer to this question as it puzzles me how you can believe both these things when they clearly contradict each other:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasaspenberg
blizzard have said nothing about third party sites or third party code, only third party programs and that i do not use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasaspenberg
there several types of jass: one is typed in without the use of a third party program and therefore legal, others are typed in through the use of a third party program and therefore illegal.

These two statements contradict each other. How can you think that jass written with a third party application is illegal and yet it is legal to use third party code (possibly written in a third party application - therefor making it illegal)?
Again, please stop trolling me.

Last edited by Fledermaus : 05-06-2015 at 08:27 AM.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:10 PM   #21
andreasaspenberg
User

i actually did try to open the map but it would not open. please stop trolling me. i have written twice already that i want to use bear form so please provide a solution that contains bear form as the ability.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:57 PM
Fledermaus
This message has been deleted by Fledermaus.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:53 AM   #22
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Sorry but using Bear Form won't work for you.
When a player manually casts Bear Form everything is fine but when a unit is issued an order (i.e. cast Bear Form) from a trigger it interrupts their current order.
So when a unit is detected as having started moving by my trigger (i.e. the player ordered them to move somewhere), if we then issue the cast Bear Form from a trigger (to change the unit into the moving form) it will interrupt the move order issued by the player, so the unit will stop moving.The trigger will then detect the unit has stopped moving and will make it uncast Bear Form so it's back at the unmoving form.
You could work around that problem with this really handy system by re-issuing their previous order after casting Bear Form - but it is written in vjass, which you cannot use.
So it would seem that your only option is to use chaos morph.

Also - for your viewing pleasure - proof that it genuinely opens in the vanilla editor.

Last edited by Fledermaus : 05-09-2015 at 01:14 AM.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:12 PM   #23
andreasaspenberg
User

i believe that it should work as bear form is an order with no target while a move order is an order targeting a point. that means that move and bear form uses different events. what it needs to do is cast bear form when the unit either stops or starts moving and save the order in a variable and then give it to the unit after it have used bear form. think i used a variable to get the unit to move after using chaos so the same should work with bear form. my main problem is to make the unit cast bear form when it does not have any orders. vjass will not save in the official editor.

Last edited by andreasaspenberg : 05-09-2015 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 11:17 PM   #24
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

I already explained to you why basing the system off order events won't work.
Old 05-10-2015, 04:17 PM   #25
andreasaspenberg
User

i am already using a system based on order events and that is working so there you are wrong.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:50 PM   #26
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Try ordering your unit to stop, deselect it (or promise me you won't give it any orders) and then see what happens when an enemy walks past and your unit attack it.
It will move to attack it when it comes within acquisition range but no order issued event is fired for your trigger to morph it.

If you have managed to fix this wc3 bug, please tell us how - I'm sure it would help a lot of people.

Last edited by Fledermaus : 05-10-2015 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:37 PM   #27
andreasaspenberg
User

bear form should be possible but, events is unable to check if a unit stops due to blizzard removing the a unit stops event some time ago. as it currently is i have no way of intercepting a unit that lacks orders as order events related to stop only work when the order is given manually.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:51 AM   #28
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

I think you could catch that if you really wanted (periodically check when GetUnitCurrentOrder changes to 0) but there is still the problem that I have mentioned multiple times now.

Last edited by Fledermaus : 07-13-2015 at 03:19 AM.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:02 PM   #29
andreasaspenberg
User

lets take one thing at a time. first i need to intercept an automatic stop order. please provide a solution for that first. after that i will se what i can do on my own and report back if i need more help.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:56 PM   #30
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Ok, since you couldn't read my last post I'll try again.

When a unit finishes another order (e.g. move to a location) the result from GetUnitCurrentOrderId changes from the order id for move to 0.
You could periodically check all units you care about. Store their previous order id. Check this against their current GetUnitCurrentOrderId, if their current order id is 0, they have finished their previous order.

You will still not be able to tell when your "stationary" unit auto acquires a target (e.g. random enemy moving within their acquire range.
If your "stationary" unit can't attack that won't be a problem, however if it gets attacked and flees (like a peasant etc) you will also be unable to capture that order.

So really, this design won't work and you should just use the working solution I have already provided you.

Last edited by Fledermaus : 07-13-2015 at 10:53 PM.