wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Art Gallery > Textures > Model skins
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-17-2008, 12:05 PM   #31
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via MSN to Gorman

I neva saw this thread before 0.o so im gonna critique the skins, or is this thread exclusively for spam?

Victor's barding (well, its not barding, but u know wat i mean) is way too shiny, isnt it meant to be cloth not plastic? Apart from that, and the horses eye being creepy, its great.

Warden (Sozen im guessing?) is a bit too detailed for WC, i think ingame it will lose a lot of its appeal, and become just a complicated blob.

Demon hunter is mad, i love the weapons, hes by far my favourite. The only flaw is that the clothes are too strongly highlighted imo. and the wrist gaurds dont really look so good, they get warped and look wierd. maybe make them cloth rather then armor, then it will look better.

Nice skins, as always!
Old 07-17-2008, 12:16 PM
erwtenpeller
This message has been deleted by Rising_Dusk. Reason: Retardation
Old 07-17-2008, 12:36 PM   #32
sansui
I iz sexy.

Submissions (6)

sansui will become famous soon enough (50)sansui will become famous soon enough (50)

Heh, Sansui has a few comments on the style of the DH.
Weapons: He dislikes them very much as they seem completely non viable in combat situations. thin curvy metal seems more ornamental than useful.
Style: Is there a reason he is dressed like a prostitute... seriously a belly shirt?
Face: Sansui knows from first hand experience how tiny and odd you have to detail the eyes to make them right, but the eyebrows give him a super weird appearance. Kind of looks like a dragqueen.

Anyways again just some picky things about the style of the dh, besides that sexy skins.

Last edited by sansui : 07-17-2008 at 12:39 PM.
sansui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:12 AM   #33
Kino
User

Submissions (8)

Kino will become famous soon enough (69)Kino will become famous soon enough (69)Kino will become famous soon enough (69)

Now that I look closely, Sozens weapons look like iwisted vines.

Funny I never noticed that while playing DoE.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:42 AM   #34
Fyrestorm
User

Fyrestorm has little to show at this moment (4)

I agree with him looking like a drag queen, his top looks like a sports bra. And the thin eyebrows and big lips don't help. He just doesn't look very hetero, maybe he's not supposed to be, I don't know. Anyway, just so you know that erwt's comment wasn't just him being facetious and that other people have the same opinion.
Fyrestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:38 PM   #35
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

I really should update this thread, all the skins here have been changed before DoE 1.09 was released.

This is Sozen's face (uncompressed) as it is in the current version of the map:

Zoom (requires log in)

Not much different, but there's only so much you can do with that wrap :P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SozenFace109.jpg (71.3 KB, 125 views)
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #36
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

Its good quality, it just looks like a drag queen. Its the thing eyebrows and the dopey eyes, mainly.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:47 PM   #37
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd PlaceSkinning Competetion #3 - Elementals

I like how you incorporated the ears into the headband, it's creative.