wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-29-2007, 03:06 PM   #61
blu_da_noob
Nonchalant

Respected User

Submissions (2)

blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)

[Quicksilver #2] - 2nd Place[Quicksilver#1] 1st place

Send a message via MSN to blu_da_noob

This is, as Vex said, somewhere where you would just put the initialization of the global in the initializer of the library.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:21 PM   #62
Ammorth
I blink, therefore I am.

Submissions (10)

Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)

Bug Report: I cannot seem to find the problem, but every time I try to save a newly created map (as of today) WE crashes. I can open, modify and save older maps but any new maps just result in an error when the Grimoire components do their part in the save process. I wish I could give more info, but I could not figure out what is causing the problem.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:27 AM   #63
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

hmmm this makes sense , I think this is the way to relate all the crashes I had with grimoire, I guess I'll confirm and tell it to pipe.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:39 AM   #64
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

quick fix, for those who are worried about these crashes, I guess this also explains crashes reported by some people, perhaps they always tested in a new map in fear of testing in their new maps?

It would prevent the crash by poping out an error message the first time you save a map, then you can just save it again and it will work.

If you want to stop these crashes simply replace the wehack.lua in the newgen folder with this one:
Attached Files
File Type: lua wehack.lua (12.0 KB, 83 views)
Old 04-30-2007, 04:21 AM   #65
Ammorth
I blink, therefore I am.

Submissions (10)

Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)

Beautiful, totally fixes the problem (now to wait for the official update).

I guess I used the original WE to save my map before today (yes thats right, cause I remember it gave huge errors when I tried to declare a struct).
Old 05-03-2007, 10:09 AM   #66
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (299)Toadcop is just really nice (299)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

=/ ... in my case i had troubles then trying saving a map in a folder which name is in Rus (i got message "map path not found" but in older NG pack it cause a crash...) ! so i guess only ANSI chars ?

// hmmm but the first pack don't have such problems why ? it would be great if you would "return" this option...
Toadcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:17 PM   #67
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Toadcop, it has issues saving a map for the first time, if you save it again it should work.

And no way in hell that option would be returned. This map path stuff was added by pipe and pitzermike so testmap works correctly...
Faster != more useful
Old 05-03-2007, 02:57 PM   #68
Mezzer
:emote_grin:

Submissions (1)

Mezzer has a spectacular aura about (77)Mezzer has a spectacular aura about (77)Mezzer has a spectacular aura about (77)

Send a message via MSN to Mezzer Send a message via Yahoo to Mezzer

Somehow I think this is very obvious, but why don't you integrate your optimizer into this? It'd be a simple matter to add a "Save optimized map as" option, and it'd complement the rest of the tools nicely.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:21 PM   #69
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Not that obvious.
Faster != more useful
Old 05-03-2007, 03:28 PM   #70
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Quote:
it has issues saving a map for the first time, if you save it again it should work.
nop! if i was trying saving my map in folder like this Русс.форевер so it couldnt find the "map path" anyway (not only the first time) ! after renaming this folder all is OK !

Quote:
And no way in hell that option would be returned. This map path stuff was added by pipe and pitzermike so testmap works correctly...
you don't understand ! i wont back international charmap back ! =) so i for example can use Rus,Ger etc. signs ! thats what i mean !

Quote:
Somehow I think this is very obvious, but why don't you integrate your optimizer into this? It'd be a simple matter to add a "Save optimized map as" option, and it'd complement the rest of the tools nicely
yes but i think
1) Vexorian must rewrite all his code in C++ (how i remember the source is Delphi !? )
2) or launch it from WE and pass current map to it... (but config will be from Optimizer but i think it can done so it can be configed out from WE...)
Old 05-03-2007, 03:31 PM   #71
Mezzer
:emote_grin:

Submissions (1)

Mezzer has a spectacular aura about (77)Mezzer has a spectacular aura about (77)Mezzer has a spectacular aura about (77)

Send a message via MSN to Mezzer Send a message via Yahoo to Mezzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
Not that obvious.
Ok, but does that mean it's not something easily doable or does it mean you just don't feel it's necessary?
Old 05-03-2007, 03:54 PM   #72
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Quote:
you don't understand ! i wont back international charmap back ! =) so i for example can use Rus,Ger etc. signs ! thats what i mean !

Ok I see, you should tell pipedream about this, seems like issues when decoding the path after getting it from registry, I didn't know windows allowed international chars in folder names...

I'll tell pipedream when he comes on line.
Faster != more useful
Old 05-03-2007, 07:29 PM   #73
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Quote:
I'll tell pipedream when he comes on line.
OK thx ;)
Old 05-05-2007, 07:19 PM   #74
Sooda
User

Sooda has little to show at this moment (4)

I have latest jassnewgenpack3b, I also found out bug what dosn' t allow map to load. It dosn' t save map correctly when using File > Save Map or File > Save Map As because I can save like that map many times (Dosn' t matter with which command.) but it asks still when I try to close New Gen World Editor do I want to save changes. Only then when I save like that and reopen map it loads map.
That is obvious bug, still it' s very good what you have done Vexorian.

EDIT: With loads map I mean it loads map in game.

EDIT2: Sry Vexorian seems that problem is solved (Or will be) it was TECH03 (By SFilip) what updated triggers every second and required to save changes again. No problems with that this time. I really apologize for false alert.

Last edited by Sooda : 05-05-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Sooda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:25 AM   #75
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Yes, I think Earth_Fury also had that problem.
Faster != more useful