wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2007, 11:46 AM   #46
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Could you also make it so in Grimoire the "Test Map" button in the AI editor works and loads up in windowed?
I keep wanting to test my AI in Grimoire but the AI test map button does nothing.

Just a thought.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:05 PM   #47
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

That's up to pipedream, I ain't no hacker.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:25 PM   #48
chovynz
User

chovynz has little to show at this moment (0)

I have a noob Question. Where and how do I install theNewGenPack? I've looked in the documentation and it doesn't specify where to put it. Looking in the Zip file there are paths jassnewgenpack3a\blahblah\ ...

Do I extract this into the main WC3 folder or in a subfolder?
chovynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:30 PM   #49
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Just extract the zip to any folder, it is not specified because there are no requirements on that issue.
Faster != more useful
Old 04-26-2007, 09:40 PM   #50
chovynz
User

chovynz has little to show at this moment (0)

Thanks for that.

Found an error. Just a little one.

When you click About Jasshelper a message comes up: This application failed to start because bin\SFmpq.dll was not found. Re-ins...blah blah.
chovynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:47 AM   #51
DioD
obey

Submissions (4)

DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)

Send a message via ICQ to DioD

any way to move GUI trigger in trigger ladder?

i use multiple triggers with library inside eg trigger with RB functions trigger with Cache control

This problem cause me to recreate triggers to move them at top of ladder its kinda boring to recreate 10 triggers or copypaste its content.
DioD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:50 AM   #52
Devouring-One
User

Devouring-One has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via AIM to Devouring-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunTer
i have trouble
test map only works when maps is saved, but doesn't work if map isn't saved,i press test map when map isn't saved and when WE loads war it doesn't load map, it shows Main Menu

sorry for bad english
I'm not sure as I am not one who has been working on this, but might that be because the WE (or the NewGen in this case) hasn't checked the syntax, or saved it into some internal file or something? It happens with me too, but I just save it then. I suppose it is a failsafe of sorts, meaning, if there is some code that isn't incorrect, but is an infinate loop or something that would cause a crash but not a specific thing that could be detected, you have it saved. I think it should be left alone, or if it is fixed, have an option as to where you could enable it to remind you to save.

P.S. I don't really have a clue about the "Internal File" I mentioned just now, I just thought I remembered hearing something about that at some point, so don't ask me what I was talking about there.

~Devouring-One

I'm Gonna' Get 'Cha!
Devouring-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:09 AM   #53
PipeDream

Code Moderator

Submissions (6)

PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)

Your explanation of what goes wrong is probably correct, however, I supposedly added the case for compile map on test map with out save a version or two ago.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #54
blu_da_noob
Nonchalant

Respected User

Submissions (2)

blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)blu_da_noob is just really nice (398)

[Quicksilver #2] - 2nd Place[Quicksilver#1] 1st place

Send a message via MSN to blu_da_noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DioD
any way to move GUI trigger in trigger ladder?

i use multiple triggers with library inside eg trigger with RB functions trigger with Cache control

This problem cause me to recreate triggers to move them at top of ladder its kinda boring to recreate 10 triggers or copypaste its content.

library X requires Y,Z,HI
Old 04-29-2007, 12:17 PM   #55
DioD
obey

Submissions (4)

DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)

Actualy it is not fixed my problem

Quote:
//! library Core requires Constants

globals

string Ex_Table = ""
gamecache Ex_Core = InitGameCache(Ex_Core_Name)

endglobals

in globals init ladder this global declaration is still UPPER then Constants block
Old 04-29-2007, 01:07 PM   #56
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

globals order is ignored by libraries, for what application do you need to change the globals order? And calling InitGameCache like that is actually pretty bad.

Libraries just move code, and also modiffy the order of initializers, it seems that what you want here is to use an initializer.
Faster != more useful
Old 04-29-2007, 01:54 PM   #57
DioD
obey

Submissions (4)

Here is map with my problem.

Dunno, what iam doing wrong.

if any new trigger adder globals order brokes.
Attached Files
File Type: w3m 111.w3m (16.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 04-29-2007, 01:55 PM   #58
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

I don't think you understand how libraries work.
Faster != more useful
Old 04-29-2007, 02:11 PM   #59
DioD
obey

Submissions (4)

Plz just tell me how can i manualy set order of the globals declarations.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:32 PM   #60
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

You can't.

If you could convince me of a scenario in which you need them to be in a certain order, then I would make globals be considered by libraries.
Faster != more useful