wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > MDL Editing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2007, 10:47 PM   #1
Callahan
Bullseye

Submissions (72)

Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)

Default Making a dissipate anim with Magos War3ModelEditor

How to make a dissipate animation with magos' war3modeleditor from a decay flesh animation

It is very simple, in fact you don't need animating program to make a dissipate animation.
You only need Magos War3ModelEditor.

Little Glossary:
Parent :A parent got child which depends on the parent. A parent got a +/- icon wich you can click to show/hide their child.
Child :A child depends on the parent.

Step-1: Changing Decay to Dissipate

-open War3ModelEditor
-open your model
-Click to sequence manager>Right click to Decay flesh click to Edit rename it to Dissipate and then
set the interval to 2000 that mean
To : x+2000

Example
To : 35333

Step-2: Animation Properties

-click to windows>node manager
-create a new bone call it "Mother" for example
-right click to your new bone called Mother and click Move left till it's at the maximum left.
-Now make your new bone Mother the parent of every others bones and helpers.That mean right click to hightest parent bone (or helper) and Move right usualy you just have to make the helper called Bone_Root the child of the bone you've created.
Or if there is no Bone_Root you have to spot parents bones or helper (hightest parent is usualy a helper) by hiding every child by clicking the +/- icon to hide every child so click on every " - " to hide every child.
Then you got the hightest parent bone.So then move it right so that it become the child the the bone Mother.
-Then right click on Mother > click to Edit Node click to Translation
I assume you have previously checked your new dissipate sequence interval so here we got 33333 to 35333.Then we have to put something like this:
x: { 0, 0, 0 }
x+2000: { 0, 0, 500 }
So here we got
33333: { 0, 0, 0 }
35333: { 0, 0, 500 }
Very important: Set the interpolation type to linear

Step-3: Adding the Sound

Go to Node manager right click Creat Object event
Create a new event track to your Object event set the number to the interval of your dissipate sequence x (33333 in that case)
set
Type: Sound (SND) and then
Data: DDSH - HumanDissipate

Step-4: Removing the Corpse

You have to delete the corpse geoset and geoset anim that references to it or it will be shown at your dissipate anim.

At Final result i got this with my turtle:
Zoom (requires log in)

This tutorial seems to be long and boring but it's very fast to perform if you understand the stuff.
I hope i was clear in my english.
Attached Images
File Type: gif DissipateAnim.GIF (37.7 KB, 530 views)

_________
I support every RPG map maker.
_______
OMG!My signature doesn't countains subliminal messages anymore!

Last edited by PitzerMike : 04-28-2007 at 08:51 AM.
Callahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-05-2007, 11:23 PM   #2
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Just a question: Is it possible to add a new animation with Magos Editor?? In theory it's possible, but when I tried it's not shown.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:18 AM   #3
Callahan
Bullseye

Submissions (72)

Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)

a new sequence?
It is possible if you set a proper interval but the model will be unanimated
If you talk about animating it's not possible except bone translation,rotation,scaling

_________
I support every RPG map maker.
_______
OMG!My signature doesn't countains subliminal messages anymore!
Callahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:12 AM   #4
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Hmmm, I see.

Yes, I was needing a new sequence for some naga buildings (temple of tides and tidal guardians), I wanted to modify the original models so they have upgrades with its respective animations.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:53 AM   #5
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Tools & Tutorials Moderator

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Approved Map: Pitzer's Minesweeper

I reformatted it a bit (removed the color tags, which are against the rules etc)
I find it very useful, I often want to change Decay to Dissipate.
Approved.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:28 PM   #6
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via MSN to Pyritie

So there isn't really a way to make a new anim using Magos' editor? Darn it.

Oh, and does this also make the unit go "limp"? I mean that their legs kinda dangle behind them as they move up (see any hero model for it).

And is it the game that adds the transparency or is it something in the model?
Pyritie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:33 AM   #7
Hydrolisk
User

Submissions (1)

Hydrolisk is on a distinguished road (11)

The picture shows it isn't. Perhaps there is a way, but I don't think it's in Mago's.
Hydrolisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:42 AM   #8
SinisterX
User

Submissions (16)

SinisterX is a jewel in the rough (188)SinisterX is a jewel in the rough (188)SinisterX is a jewel in the rough (188)

There is a way to add animations.. but you need magos editor and Warshape, and it requires text editing the (corrupt) mdl file and copying the animation sequence into the clean one. It's a trick a learnt about just recently.

It is also possible to make new "animations" with the help of the War3editor, but it requires text editing the MDL, and shortening.. a particular animation in order to get a new sequence.. and then checking that the Geoanimations run to the extent of the modified animation sequences.

Heres an example:

You want to make an "Work" Animation for a model that doesnt have it. The you look at the "Stand" animation..

You'll see Stand runs from "44000 to 48000"

So you copy that aniamtion sequence guide (normally at the top of the MDL after the textures paths) and change the name of the new animation to work.

Now edit "Stand" to go from 44000 to 45000, and set "Work" to go from 45001 to 48000"

Now you'll need to check each geoset animation and make sure none goes into the 45001 - 48000 zone (or it will play your new animation)

At this point you animation does nothing,.. but you can add new particle emmiters on the model and have them run onlt between 45001 to 48000.

And voila.. you have a simple "Work animation". Other than that.. there is little animation you can do with the editor.
SinisterX is offline   Reply With Quote