wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Samples
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-05-2007, 09:44 AM   #16
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (299)Toadcop is just really nice (299)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

Quote:
equip slots on the left side and move them to the right and have a sort of body shape look with little arrows pointing to the icons. In other words basically a mapped out little person with the items being pointed on the person cause then i think you would see what part is what easier.
- i think not. current design is good enought (WoW like). and the other suggestions are not bad but will make me a lot troubles...

Quote:
Was it really necessary to import the abillity data slk? i mean what exactly does that do? preload all the abillity data maybe?
tes 100% it includes binary ability bonuses.

Quote:
As for a read me i would say all thats mostly if at all anything.. is pretty much a list of parameters needed for the functions you use to set up items.(which doesn't seem very hard i mean you have most of em listed in the triggers and you can basically test to see what number goes to what
- not really maybe for users which don't corerct know the sense of this all data. btw item can contein any user information so user can read it from item any time !

// New Version (attached in first post) ! fixed some bugs (must be multiplayer compatible but may cause DeSync ! (i don't know it))
+
Quote:
Hopefully the text clears out faster
Yes ! atlast i have gind a way use multiboards immediatly !
Toadcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #17
newb8136
User

newb8136 has little to show at this moment (0)

Whats with the hex-like variable names?

Code:
function TRSReqCheckUnitType takes nothing returns boolean
if eax12>0 and eax11>0 then
    set esx30=GetObjectName(eax11)+" Only"
endif
    return GetUnitTypeId(eux10)==eax11
endfunction

Kinda hard to read that.. :\
newb8136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:15 PM   #18
Switch33
User

Switch33 is on a distinguished road (13)

Theres a bug when u drop an already equiped item thats in an equip slot on the ground and pick it up to try to requip it.
Ex. Equip a short sword in the main-hand and select it while its in the main-hand then drop it, now pick it back up and try to re-equip it.
Switch33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:20 AM   #19
Hey its X
Dance puppet dance!

Submissions (1)

Hey its X will become famous soon enough (48)Hey its X will become famous soon enough (48)

I love you. that Inventory almost made me cry tears of joy...now does it work in multiplayer and does it accidentally pause the game if you use? if it doesnt, when I got my new comp ill never go back to wow

Hey its X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #20
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Quote:
Ex. Equip a short sword in the main-hand and select it while its in the main-hand then drop it, now pick it back up and try to re-equip it.
in new version it must be fixed ! you mean what (1 it will crash 2 you can't equip it ?!) maybe thanks ! i will test and fix it ! btw if you drop item from charged slots so the items in unit inventory will be not removed ! =) thats all becouse i have add this features after the main plaining of Inv.

Quote:
it work in multiplayer and does it accidentally pause the game if you use? if it doesnt, when I got my new comp ill never go back to wow
i must be multiplayer compatible if NOT i will fix needed things ! + yes I DON'T pause game ! only user (or optionaly it can't pause the user...)
throw WoW away ! =) no i have tryed to play wow and the most exiting in WoW is chat with other peoples =) ! the gameplay is odd...
soon i will update it with more bug fixes ! and features (maybe =))
Old 02-07-2007, 07:38 PM   #21
Hey its X
Dance puppet dance!

Submissions (1)

Hey its X will become famous soon enough (48)Hey its X will become famous soon enough (48)

WoW is managable and fun when you know what your're doing, and I can make my own Rpg with this system! one that could own diablo even.

Hey its X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 01:50 AM   #22
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Well, your system is quite interesting.

Advantages:
  • It doesn't use terrain space.
  • Very nice interface. About that I have one question: did you make the whole interface (background icons, slots borders, etc)??
  • Runs smoothly and looks very professional.

Disadvantages:
  • NO DOCUMENTATION, please, it is as important as the system itself.
  • Some options just can been seen. as an example: the option buttons like exit the item interface or buy or sell items looks like they were disabled always. I think they require a active and disabled appearance in order to help the user to use and understand the interface.
  • The selected item should use a glow more notorious when they are selected.
  • About the merchant, how he can select who is the buyer??
  • Some features are confusing.

As a conclusion: If you don't make a document or a tutorial about how to implement and use your system, you system will be useless. I know this interface requires a lot of code to be implemented, but it's not clear how to use and implement the system.

I think the document should have the following:

- System Features, in general why your system is good.
- How to add to a custom map
- How to add custom items
- Modifications to units in order to make it functional (does it work in normal units??)
- And other stuff.

If you add the documentation, I'll approve the system.

Last edited by moyack : 02-11-2007 at 01:53 AM.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 01:52 AM   #23
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Yeah, if you have too much issues with english you can always try getting someone to translate your Russian into clear English.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:44 AM   #24
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Quote:
It doesn't use terrain space.
- not correct it use abou 36x40 terrain space for every inventory ! =) but i have masked it...
Quote:
did you make the whole interface
- i have used PS (Counter Strike 2 ;) )

Quote:
- System Features, in general why your system is good.
- i hate to flood about my systems... all what you need to know is written in my first post here... the other things would be mostly to confusing for many of "users". if i would write it supports 3 par bonuses including stack bonuses (in sense what the bonus is changed with different parametrs like "onhit" )
support 6 types of bonuses (constant random + dynamical random) + many other things like this.

Quote:
Runs smoothly and looks very professional.
- the first is relative... the second maybe i have tryed my best. but the code is not fully optimized.

Quote:
About the merchant, how he can select who is the buyer??
- a secret =) but it's EXTREME simple !

Quote:
Some options just can been seen. as an example: the option buttons like exit the item interface or buy or sell items looks like they were disabled always. I think they require a active and disabled appearance in order to help the user to use and understand the interface.
- my orintation is on D2 so i don't want to make many tool tips etc. i ahte lame users ! do you know why i love Gothic 1-2 ? because you need self to think what to do a not to read like a idiot any step "what to do". i would say i the main reason why i don't really like Gothic 3 !

Quote:
- Modifications to units in order to make it functional (does it work in normal units??)
in current case you need only to add a ability which will open the inventory + unit must be a hero thats all !

Quote:
- How to add custom items
- ... there are many examples in map if you don't understand how to use them so you will not undestand it. it's like D2 items (mostly) i you have never moded D2 so it will be harder for you...

Quote:
- How to add to a custom map
- well the most problem is to import destructables... the rest is simple... and don't forget the common.j ;)

Quote:
Yeah, if you have too much issues with english you can always try getting someone to translate your Russian into clear English.
maybe... the reason is what i hate to write in any language it =). TRSII add many features so i don't remember them all...

In whole thanks for comments !
Old 02-13-2007, 01:11 AM   #25
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

You're welcome :)

Hey, if you were able to do that huge reply, then you are able to make a tutorial about your system, so now you don't have any excuses. PLEASE do it, your system deserves it.

Last edited by moyack : 02-13-2007 at 01:12 AM.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:15 PM   #26
Mordiggian
Death Metal Artist

Submissions (28)

Mordiggian has a spectacular aura about (120)

Send a message via MSN to Mordiggian

This system's great! Looks very good and makes item management enjoyable.

OBEY
Click here for some serious groovin' metal!

Mordiggian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:06 AM   #27
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

moyack OK i will try !
Mordiggian Thx ! + yes to write all item parametrs in one string is one of the best in this system !
Old 02-16-2007, 11:05 AM   #28
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

newer version...
more user friendly but now with out any discription =( sorry new time (i've got not enought time)
(look in first post)
Old 02-18-2007, 03:49 PM   #29
PhoenixFeather
User

PhoenixFeather has little to show at this moment (7)

This looks very interesting but unfortunately I can't test it, my Warcraft isn't installed atm.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:38 AM   #30
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User

Submissions (17)

@Toadcop: So... aren't you going to do any documentation??

Last edited by moyack : 02-19-2007 at 02:38 AM.