wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Samples
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-10-2006, 02:37 PM   #31
shadow1500
STARCRAFT II OMFG

Submissions (9)

shadow1500 is just really nice (306)shadow1500 is just really nice (306)shadow1500 is just really nice (306)

Send a message via ICQ to shadow1500 Send a message via AIM to shadow1500 Send a message via MSN to shadow1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebu_Bei
Okay, I implemented the system into the map and I'm getting 2 problems:
1. Whenever I go to the quest giver, I'm getting the "Quest Discovered" trigger, but when I kill the unit for the quest requirement and try to return to the quest giver, nothing happens. (It doesn't display a "Quest Updated" message when I kill the quest requirement either.)

2. Anytime I try and change stuff in the "Init Quest A" trigger, I get a Windows Error upon saveing the map.
Both problems seem to be more related to the test map than to the system itself.
1. You must make sure that the quest requirment is set to complete when you kill the unit for the quest requirment. (Have a trigger do it)
2. The error is caused by the buggy jass syntax checker of the worldeditor. I suggest you make your own setup trigger in GUI and use the gamecache functions as said in the instructions.
shadow1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-10-2007, 08:22 PM   #32
oninuva
User

oninuva has little to show at this moment (0)

Hmm, Got a question. The variable "TheHero" Is set for one hero. What about an RPG with 10 players?
Old 02-14-2007, 02:37 PM   #33
shadow1500
STARCRAFT II OMFG

Submissions (9)

shadow1500 is just really nice (306)shadow1500 is just really nice (306)shadow1500 is just really nice (306)

Send a message via ICQ to shadow1500 Send a message via AIM to shadow1500 Send a message via MSN to shadow1500

So? You can use the quest system functions on any unit, the variable is just used for the samples.
shadow1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:06 AM   #34
Sube2
User

Sube2 has little to show at this moment (0)

Ok, I read all the comments, and saw that people posted it wasn't the variable that does all the work to make it MUI. Could you please give me an explanation on how to make it MUI? You said to one guy that you don't have to make the variable an array, which has me stunned. Please reply, thanks.

---EDIT---
WOW, Nvm... I can't believe how blind I am sometimes... I posted this, took a 10 second glance at it again, and I got it to work. Sorry, and Great system! Its being used in my RPG, which is a sequel to my other RPG :P

Last edited by Sube2 : 02-17-2009 at 03:44 AM.
Sube2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #35
teuncreemers
User

Submissions (2)

teuncreemers has little to show at this moment (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sube2
Ok, I read all the comments, and saw that people posted it wasn't the variable that does all the work to make it MUI. Could you please give me an explanation on how to make it MUI? You said to one guy that you don't have to make the variable an array, which has me stunned. Please reply, thanks.

---EDIT---
WOW, Nvm... I can't believe how blind I am sometimes... I posted this, took a 10 second glance at it again, and I got it to work. Sorry, and Great system! Its being used in my RPG, which is a sequel to my other RPG :P

What did you change? This system caused quite alot of problems in my map. Made some quests, and all of a sudden it caused server splits.
teuncreemers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:07 PM   #36
MaD[Lion]
MaD Da ViNci

Respected User

Submissions (10)

MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)

quest should be in multiboard and quest update in texttag
Timing SystemTiming system that simulates the usage of PolledWait just with 0.01 accuracy
MaD[Lion] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:22 PM   #37
Defi4nc3
User

Defi4nc3 has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via AIM to Defi4nc3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD[Lion]
quest should be in multiboard and quest update in texttag

A Quest should be in the Quest tab thats why its there.

Great system... i'll be using it~
Old 06-22-2009, 06:28 PM   #38
Sube2
User

Sube2 has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teuncreemers
What did you change? This system caused quite alot of problems in my map. Made some quests, and all of a sudden it caused server splits.
There are quite a few things that must be changed to make it work. inside of each "Advance in Quest" trigger, there is 2 numbers that are used in it. should look like this 1,1, 1, 2, 1, 3. The first digit is the quest number, this being the first quest. the 2nd digit is the progress in the quest. You must change these numbers inorder for it to work. Going back to the Init Quest A trigger. Notice how at the top it shows the trigger name "Init_Quest_A". Remember to change that to the name of the quest. Then again, at the bottom of the trigger there is another "Init_Quest_A" Remember to change that as well. If you change all of that, it should work fine.
Sube2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:04 AM   #39
juniior
User

juniior has little to show at this moment (0)

how do i make a quest repeatable.
juniior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:05 AM   #40
juniior
User

juniior has little to show at this moment (0)

how do i make a quest repeatable?
juniior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #41
Maj'Jin
User

Maj'Jin has little to show at this moment (0)

Oh no, the new Patch is there, and the System won't work anymore? -.-, plz update it Shadow^^
Maj'Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:32 AM   #42
coreyb277
User

coreyb277 has little to show at this moment (0)

hey, im probably just retarded. But after copying the custom script in the game, and creating the variables. Whenever I try to save the map it just says the script is "expecting a name" , "expecting an endloop" for a bunch of different lines of the script.

any thoughts to what im doing wrong?
coreyb277 is offline   Reply With Quote