wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Project Recruitment
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 06:40 PM   #61
Satanas

It's a good idea to keep a record of all the project in this thread. But I suggest to only display the projects in which you see a future. Don't put something just because the project leader begged you to. Only if YOU or another reliable member (*cough*me*cough* ;) ) sees a future for the project.
Also, when a project gets hosted or dies. Make sure you delete it from the thread so that there is no confusion. And for goodness' sake Flad. We both know that VERY few people read posts which are longer than 10-15 lines. So just keep all the stuff for the project short. Just summarize it as small as you can, and post a link to the thread so that if the reader wants additional information, he can just go to the thread and get it for himself.

Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-13-2005, 06:46 PM   #62
Fladian
User

Respected User

Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)

I know I should do only the projects that have a future. But at the moment, I will note all projects here that are available - there are already not much. You should see that as well.

When a project dies or is hosted, I will remove it as fast as I can, like I mentioned before. But I am not always online, especially not lately. Work is taking quite the toll of me, friends to see, people to meet, and all that kind of stuff.

I know people won't read long threads, but that's the complete reason of this thread. The projects are cut short instead of reading a long thread, like UL as example. Over the 48 pages.
The thread is not just written for this thread, but also as for an example for something else - that has no further meaning on this forum - that is a lot more important for me than anything else. In my eyes, it is quite short, so I am pretty satisfied with it, and I am using every possibility to increase my improvisation as much as possible now I need it the most in my life.

Oh, yes, the link. The link is the name of the project. You can click that.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:48 PM   #63
Satanas

It's true that there aren't a lot of projects already. But I still think it's a waste of time to advertise a project when you know it won't last a week.

Old 03-13-2005, 06:50 PM   #64
Fladian
User

Respected User

Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)

Maybe not, but like I said, I am not just writing this for the sake of wc3c or the community out here.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:29 PM   #65
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satanas
It's true that there aren't a lot of projects already. But I still think it's a waste of time to advertise a project when you know it won't last a week.
that i do not think is quite fair, all projects start off weak and usually have some weak time when it seems it might die, but if the members are good then you can really make something special... woah a lot of things have happened since i last spammed here

what the hell you add seige of vengencae and not UL???
Old 03-13-2005, 07:35 PM   #66
Fladian
User

Respected User

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorde
that i do not think is quite fair, all projects start off weak and usually have some weak time when it seems it might die, but if the members are good then you can really make something special...
Maybe so, but I/we cannot keep adding all projects all the time. That's a lot of work.

Adding Siege of Vengeance is both of a request as a little apology of mine, as you know. Right now, I am adding all projects in to get this started. Otherwise, it wouldn't be "fair".

A project will always start weak and not too great, but it is my purpose to take care that they finish, which is quite a hard job, especially now Satanas is back.

Quote:
woah a lot of things have happened since i last spammed here
... that was only a few hours ago.

Quote:
what the hell you add seige of vengencae and not UL???
Simple, Siege of Vengeance is only a short thread with very little information and I have not much information to add in that. UL is huge and I will have my hands full of writing that.
Also, UL will stay progressing for awhile and I still have the time to finish that until at least the 21th of march.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:42 PM   #67
Satanas

Doesn't have anything to do with fair and not fair. It has to do with good quality work as well as motivation and poor work with sloth.
I agree fully that all projects start of weak. But tell me the difference between these two:

"1) I want 2 start a new projects about lotr which will kick ass. It will be like the movie with new models and skinz and a whole new gameplay!
I need some modlers, skinnerz, terrainers, trigger-guys, cinematicers, JASSers... list goes on."

"2) I am want to start a project about <insert story here> it will have the following features: <insert features>. I have already done this much work: <insert amount of work done>.
But I need the following people to help me:
<whatever...>"

Now, I know I wasn't very clear on the above examples. But out of these two very vague examples, which one of the two has a future, in your opinion?

Quote:
A project will always start weak and not too great, but it is my purpose to take care that they finish, which is quite a hard job, especially now Satanas is back.

What's that supposed to mean?

Old 03-13-2005, 07:45 PM   #68
Fladian
User

Respected User

Even then it depends ;) It depends on the thread creator. You must remember that we have quite a couple of jokesters here on the forum, Satanas :P
Old 03-13-2005, 07:50 PM   #69
Satanas

I didn't say that the guy in example (2) has a 100% chance of finishing the work. Only that he has considerably more chances of finishing compared to example (1).

Old 03-13-2005, 07:55 PM   #70
Fladian
User

Respected User

I was not really referring to that either. But if RightField or Wormskull (in a serious mood of creating a project) would mention anything about starting a project, they would rather go for example 1. than for example 2. Example 2 is more of a choice for other people like Pheon-Pheon or me.

Quote:
What's that supposed to mean?
Look around, I made about 100 posts in one day because of you... in about 3 threads.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:59 PM   #71
Satanas

True, but then again. RightField and Wormskull are known to be reliable people. They have a rep that precedes them, so even if they go for example 1, people would know they're worth working with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fladian
Look around, I made about 100 posts in one day because of you... in about 3 threads.

Well, I've got 3 months to catch up...

Old 03-13-2005, 08:00 PM   #72
Metal_Sonic64
User

Submissions (4)

Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)

Send a message via MSN to Metal_Sonic64

I go away to read for a bit and all this happens... I'm in a struggle between my book and Wc3 Well, I felt I had to contribute to this thread so here it is :)
Terrain- llllllllll
Triggers-
llllllllll
Old 03-13-2005, 08:05 PM   #73
Satanas

Well, just so you know. Any thread that Fladian and I decide to get involved in together is bound to be victim of a huge amount of... change.

Old 03-13-2005, 08:05 PM   #74
Fladian
User

Respected User

Quote:
True, but then again. RightField and Wormskull are known to be reliable people. They have a rep that precedes them, so even if they go for example 1, people would know they're worth working with.
I rather suggest that you check up on some posts of RightField and Wormskull. You'll learn some interesting stuff about them in this state.

Wormskull is completely UNserious now and RightField looks (to the community) like an ass. If you get to know him, he's different than what you think, but the impression he makes is not the best.

Quote:
Well, I've got 3 months to catch up...
"That'll be great"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_Sonic64
I go away to read for a bit and all this happens... I'm in a struggle between my book and Wc3 Well, I felt I had to contribute to this thread so here it is :)
Satanas is back, Metal. I don't know if you know, but together with Anus, Albiino and a few others, he is one of the few people who take over an entire thread when we start to talk :P
Old 03-13-2005, 08:13 PM   #75
Satanas

Quote:
I rather suggest that you check up on some posts of RightField and Wormskull. You'll learn some interesting stuff about them in this state.
Wormskull is completely UNserious now and RightField looks (to the community) like an ass. If you get to know him, he's different than what you think, but the impression he makes is not the best.
I'm not really talking about their attitude, more about their skill in modding.

Quote:
"That'll be great"...
^_^

Quote:
Satanas is back, Metal. I don't know if you know, but together with Anus, Albiino and a few others, he is one of the few people who take over an entire thread when we start to talk :P

Yup, how many threads have we highjacked? Lol, how many thread creators gave up on their threads after we started swarming them? ^_^

Closed Thread