wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Project Recruitment
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 03:56 PM   #46
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

no you're banner's ugly, lol and i was thinking that maybe you could add a rating to a project based on your thoughts, but emphasize that these are only your thoughts
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-13-2005, 04:03 PM   #47
Fladian
User

Respected User

Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)

I was thinking the same thing, of giving a rating, but like you said, fact remains that it'll only be my opinion and that isn't very satisfactory for most people. As example, I am not very fond on a project where your main purpose is to slay an entire race, or anything similar. I am more fond on more story - less fighting, something that not everyone agrees on.

I was thinking of giving a sort of award or anything (inspired by animereactor-forum) like 'best story' or 'best characters' or anything similar.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:17 PM   #48
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

yes but if they did not want your opnion they would not visit this thread would they> while you're piling all that crap, you might as well add a rating, you're idea's good, sorta like the director's choice in wc3sear right?
Old 03-13-2005, 04:35 PM   #49
Fladian
User

Respected User

Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)

This thread is mostly made to cut a long story short of a project. Because many people ask for my opinion as well, I decided to add it as well, it is not something important further though.

The director's choice? I don't visit wc3sear what you call... ofte-... heck, I don't visit wc3sear at all :P I was more referring to the point that I will give a little sign as award that a project has the best story/character/whatever.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:48 PM   #50
ForgottenLight
User

ForgottenLight has little to show at this moment (0)

I couldn't help myself, you need a better nobanner (made this in about 4 min before I could stop myself. lol.)

BTW can solo projects be on that list? or is it only a "wanted ad" thing?
Old 03-13-2005, 04:50 PM   #51
Fladian
User

Respected User

Alright, that banner definitely looks better than mine :P Though my amount of time was shorter :P
Thanks though. When I finish dinner, I'll place 'm there.

This is for all kind of projects, from solo-actions to huge-teams. I probably won't do cinematics though :P I need to see if this becomes a success first anyway.
-Fladian
Old 03-13-2005, 04:53 PM   #52
ForgottenLight
User

What do you have against cinematics?
Old 03-13-2005, 04:56 PM   #53
Fladian
User

Respected User

Nothing, but I don't think I will be able to write a decent review about them.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:07 PM   #54
Fladian
User

Respected User

Nothing, but I don't think I will be able to write a decent review about them.

I'm willing to give it a try though, if you want.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:14 PM   #55
ForgottenLight
User

Well, my project really does need the exposure...

if you would, watch the three parts that are out now, and throw in the blurb that is in the first post of my project thread, into the listing. I'll make a banner for it while your watching.(I just now fixed my thread you might have to hit 'refresh'). (and I know the first map leaves something to be desired, but the others are much better, and I base that on what I call the 'file-size to quality' ratio. lol)

Edit- Here's the banner.

Last edited by ForgottenLight : 03-13-2005 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:18 PM   #56
Fladian
User

Respected User

Sure, I'll check them soon. But I need to add Unsung Legends and Ven... ven... Vengeance-something to it first :P
Old 03-13-2005, 06:00 PM   #57
B1aD3
User

B1aD3 has little to show at this moment (0)

The Siege of Vengeance...
Old 03-13-2005, 06:04 PM   #58
Fladian
User

Respected User

Yeah, I'm still writing it.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:06 PM   #59
ForgottenLight
User

^_^ , but you misspelled my project name.

Edit- Oh, Never mind about the banner then...

Last edited by ForgottenLight : 03-13-2005 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:08 PM   #60
Fladian
User

Respected User

Uh...? Why's that, if I might ask. The avatar is only to show about who I was talking about, the banner will be moved to the place where I will review the project.